Released The Tatuus Pack is HERE!!!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Jun 27, 2019.

1. Marisa

Marisa Registered

Interesting, I'll try it out.

2. Bernardo

Bernardo Registered

Well ... definitely, I think there's something wrong with the Tatuus graphics. Because someone suggested that the pearly tone was due to the tracks (mods), I did tests on official tracks (Sebring and LeMans) and the result was the same. The colors of the cars look bad. On the other hand, with other cars, such as the USF2000, colors are sharp and defined.
    GRAB_057.JPG GRAB_059.JPG GRAB_060.JPG GRAB_062.JPG

JimmyT likes this.
  3. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Did you check them at Le Mans? That track has some PBR shaders already, maybe they interact better with the car? If I'm not mistaken the Tatuus have some extra new stuff on them for graphics

4. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

I think, those are just the new PBR shaders at work. Keep in mind that they are WIP, but from a physical standpoint, the Tatuus looks more realistic on that picture due to the low sun angle with less color reflecting. I am not saying, that it is perfect, but the USF2000 car looks a bit flat and comic like in the screenshot. Sharp, defined colours don't make a screenshot realistic. If you look at the whole car with the new shaders, especialy stuff like the mirrors you will see that there is more depth. Anyway, there is nothing set in stone I guess ;)

5. Marisa

Marisa Registered

Another thing I noticed is how the trackmap that's glued to the wheel is static even though rF2 supports dynamic trackmaps as seen in some (don't remember which, been a while) ISI cars. Free content or not, would be nice to have all the cool stuff rF2 has implemented. There's also no shift sound. They are nice to drive though and I think I like the FFB.

6. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

I agree that the pearly shell like appearance is a bit disappointing. I spent some time painting the car and can't see the paint because of the "sheen?" overlay.
    Pretty sure he said in his post "I did tests on official tracks (Sebring and LeMans)"
    Yes I agree, but if you race against them and all the cars are all white it is disappointing and they might as well be flat and comic like.
    I'm not saying I don't want the new materials, just bringing it to attention that there is an issue as I believe Bernardo is also saying.:)

7. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

the one issue can be worked around is the white cars. (for off-line racing that is) If some of the cars are white you can replace them with the add/boot arrow on the bottom right of the main garage screen. Identify your white cars, boot them, then add them back from the list that is displayed by clicking on the arrow. They will appear now with the custom skins.

BlkJello and JimmyT like this.
  8. Lazza

Lazza Registered

That's a different sort of "white cars", different issue.

JimmyT likes this.
  9. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

ok. :)

10. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

lol I missed it xD

JimmyT likes this.
  11. t0p5ecret

t0p5ecret Registered

I'm seeing this in a replay of a race at Road Atlanta in the T318, going to check if it's track related shortly.
    [​IMG]

JimmyT likes this.
  12. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

these cars will make people to forget theirs real life

13. John R Denman

John R Denman Registered

Spectacular job, thank you very much!
    Makes me feel 35 years younger!

14. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

Yep, that's the white car problem I've had at several tracks with these. It's what I see when driving (I don't have replay turned on).

15. t0p5ecret

t0p5ecret Registered

Wow ok, it was fine for me in car during the race.

16. Heikki21

Heikki21 Registered

I will have a look at it and update the track if I find the reason ;)

t0p5ecret and Hazi like this.
  17. t0p5ecret

t0p5ecret Registered

Heikki21 that would be great if you do, you did such an amazing job with this track, it’s one of my all time favourites and the AIW here is brilliant so thank you!

18. bluet

bluet Registered

Hi to all..am loving the new cars ..for the T318 in settings /chassis rear suspensions there are 28 different settings how do you know what each setting does??? .. driving at VIR FULL COURSE with the t318 my best is a 1.41.421 is that ok ...i can only race offline as only have WI FI connection so do not know if that time is ok or bad......regards to all

19. Mauro

Mauro Registered

20. StrawmanAndy

StrawmanAndy Registered

Has this issue been noted?

I've also found the front wheels (on all Tatuus cars) are wobbly. Suggests to me the graphical wheel isn't equal in sizing/being round. Rear tyres do not wobble. Doesn't look like a pivot point as all rotate on the same axis.

@Christopher Elliott @Marcel Offermans