Released Circuit des 24 Heures du Mans (2018) is now available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Jun 16, 2019.

1. Team Dano

Team Dano Registered

Nice update to a great track, but the ai LMP2 seem to lose time in the pits. Also screen momentarily freezes at times.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2019
  2. Rujasu

Rujasu Registered

Question. Does that mean Low Drag for LMP2? Doesn't that package run out of gears on the Mulsanne on the default setup? Kinda handicaps the AI quite a bit if it does.

3. Patrick Schumacher

Patrick Schumacher Registered

3:54,8 with the RSR. The best I did so far. I will do some more laps during the next weeks. Perhaps I can improve that.

24h of racing on the edge must be incredible. Hardly to believe to come through without damage.

4. mixer61

mixer61 Registered

That's all said and done! It is always an average between high speed and the slower part of the track.

5. Magus

Magus Registered

Gave the update a brief run last night with the GTE's starting at the back of the grid & fantastic work on optimising the track. I no longer needed to adjust settings just to run Le Mans.

Hopefully over the weekend I will run a 2hr race at x10 to experience how it handles day to night transition without adjusting the settings. Regardless, so far run a lot better than the previous version, so thank you!

6. Yigit Yusuf Mutlu

Yigit Yusuf Mutlu Registered

With 29 gt3 cars, 15 visible opponent,1080p, aa level 2, full ingame serrings, vram usage is huge, my 6gb gtx1060 is out of vram.

7. Travis

Travis Registered

Le Mans is a large and detailed track so it's not surprising it consumes a lot of VRAM.

You could try the suggested High end settings found here: https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/latest-release-1109-rain-effects-and-more.58675/

These settings or a mix of high and medium settings may free up more VRAM.

Yigit Yusuf Mutlu likes this.
  8. Yigit Yusuf Mutlu

Thanks, with above same setting but 21 gt3 ai, vram usage is on limit, 5950mb

Or same setup with 29ai but high opponent detail, vram usage is 5300mb

By the way; making load opponent cockpit false does nothing for vram

The quality of track is amazing

9. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

Try to put the opponents visible on 9, and opponent detail on low.

Schpidie likes this.
  10. Yigit Yusuf Mutlu

Oppoent visibility donot affect vram usage, make sense on gpu load which is in my case donot pass %50 ( rain is off right now until the ai issue would solved )
    Opponent detail on high seems bad to my eyes, i cannot imagine on low setting
    Also adding more ai is a little problem for my cpu, i7 3770s, not superfast on single threat performance

11. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

so you have a lower tier cpu and insist on high end settings. Hot lapping is all I can suggest.

12. Yigit Yusuf Mutlu

Is there a recommended sertings for cpu, i guess we have it for gpu

And i think my cpu isnot a low tier one, i can play with 29ai and opponent detail on high on 60fps, purpule bar for cpu usage is only halfway

13. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

To my knowledge, to relieve the CPU, it is first necessary to lower the number of AI and lower or disable the shadows.

Possibly put time scale X1 or none.

Avoid the low sun (shadows).

The number of AI, the details of the AI, and the visible AIs are the parameters that I think must be adjusted as a priority.

Make a compromise !

pkelly likes this.
  14. AMillward

AMillward Registered

Cap your frames as well, that'll relive some CPU

15. stonec

stonec Registered

If you lower the circuit detail from full to high you'll get an extra free gigabyte of VRAM and you won't be able to tell the difference. I reported some VRAM results a few weeks ago here, but it might have changed with the updated track version.

juanchioooo, mesfigas and pkelly like this.
  16. Yigit Yusuf Mutlu

I just checked the other tread, you are right about an ai is 50mb, for gt3 pack s397 cars.

I am ok with 21 ai cars with full details both on track and opponents, 5980mb vram usage, no stutters or sth else, stable 60fps on starting grid too.

Ps, check sebring 12h course, 5200vram usage on same conditions but gpu load is a little higher on sebring 12h.

17. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

18. Yigit Yusuf Mutlu

i finally invastigate performance deeper on this huge track and for now turn down opponent details to high from ultra, this way i can race with 39ai on field, by increasing my ddr3 ram speed to 1600mhz from 1333mhz with my i7 3770 and gtx1060 6gb ( gpu load is average 40%(%80 max on night with high pp on certain part of lemans) and cpu on onecore is max %77( two cores are mostly used in rf2)
    but i have a question; in offline races which i mostly do, i choose lmp2 and gte cars as opponent but is there way to make 20 of them lmp2 and 20 of them gte cars including me?

19. Tomislav Leskovic

Tomislav Leskovic Registered

As far as I know, only way to do that is to add them manually in session. Click on arrow in Add Boot and then manually select.

20. Filip

Filip Registered

I hope that will be improved in new UI