CS-closed Road to Le Mans / 24 hours of Le Mans

Discussion in 'Official Competitions & Contests' started by Deleted member 24698, Jun 17, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

so, IF you had purchased rF2 a month earlier, you could have found a team and run the qualifying races and apparently easily made the event. Just a matter of bad timing. They are trying to re-do a failed race, not create a new one. The VEC league runs Endurance racing series regularly, Look them up.

2. Bart S

Bart S Member

Please read carefully what I said, I ment no disrespect in your ability to drive, if this is your first endurance race I would suggest you to learn the ways of rFactor first. RFactor pit menu system, collisions enabled in pit lane, have you ever raced in the rain? Do you have all the keys you need mapped and the ones you dont think you need. Theres more to it than just driving.

3. Yes this event is already planned and teams have already qualified into it. If some teams might not race - its hard to say. But for now its the current qualified teams.

juanchioooo likes this.
  4. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

5. Moreno Sirica

Moreno Sirica Registered

Yeah i'm sorry if i was a bit rude, my bad. I Know all this things that you write as i'm part of Williams JIM eSports iRacing team and sometimes have a chat with rF2 team and told us about all this crazy stuff that you have to do for drivers swap etc.
    I did few laps in LM with Oreca before, i like it, even if there is like a massive oversteer but then suddenly there's like glue that keeps the car on the line and also poor fps but i think that is because of the bad optimization of the graphic engine and also because is a pretty big track in terms of buildings and trees, but apart from that seems good

6. Christos Segkounas

Christos Segkounas Registered

There's a ton of endurance racing to be found for rf2 if you look around.
    Now when this race comes I can only speculate not all the teams and drivers participating in this one will be available again so there should be open spaces, for both teams and drivers.
    That is no guarrantee though.
    In the meantime, because that race won't be coming any time soon, there's rf2 quality endurance racing around for you to check out.
    You can try joining in S397's Discord channel or checking out the forums here and let people guide you to all the good racing.

VirusGR42 likes this.
  7. Stefan_L_01

Stefan_L_01 Registered

I have to ask something about the practise . It was set until last day to constant 29°C. Nevertheless, starting with 7pm servertime approx, maybe a bit earlier, the lap times started to raise, making me +1.5sec slower at 8-9pm approx. Why? How can this be when there is constantly 29°C ?? I can reproduce this effect offline with constant 29°C scripted now.
    Is there anything "hardcoded" for day/night that we should know About, working alongside the scripted/set temperatures ?
    thx

8. Lars Jeppesen

Lars Jeppesen Registered

LoL. To be fair, the driver look as old as my 8 y.o. He shouldn't be anywhere near a big race like LM.

datasting likes this.
  9. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Nah, I've seen iRacers doing this before (including in some leagues I hosted), they forget other sims aren't using ghost cars for no reason and just crash in pit lane

10. Christos Segkounas

IRL there should be, laptimes start increasing together with humidity after 3-4 o'clock.
    In rf2? Shouldn't really.
    RF2 doesn't model track temp effect on tires atm, or humidity, or wind, so that would be a very strange find if correct I should think?

11. Stefan_L_01

Stefan_L_01 Registered

I know its strange, thats why I ask.
    A teammate encounteted same phenomen on server, driving same time. Also tires start behaving slightly different

12. Christos Segkounas

MOTEC will show if indeed tires behave differently

13. Stefan_L_01

Stefan_L_01 Registered

I do not need motec to feel differences

14. Christos Segkounas

15. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

Suuuuuuuureeeeeeeeeeee

D Nichols and mogwai like this.