Online issues that WE see.

Discussion in 'Online Racing Discussion' started by davehenrie, Jul 10, 2019.

1. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

S397 is going to be digging into the weeds of their code trying to find answers to online instability. I would like to create a list of items that we have experienced and try to give them some beginning of a research project. I ask two things. Lets keep this ONLINE issues only, and no attack statements. List the issue, discuss how it occurred and hopefully, at some point, S397 might discover solutions to some of these.
    I will start with something that has occurred multiple times now when users join a server or league with custom skins or track enhancements.
    1) S397 needs to find some way to protect a fully installed DLC product from being corrupted by an older mod. For example: If someone joins an online league that created skins and carpaks based on one iteration previous to the latest release, we then start getting help questions in the forums that some up to date cars no longer have the base car and won't load. Here is a sample error message caused by such a situation.(I copied this from another post.)
    [​IMG]
    Once DLC content has been installed, it should never be exposed to failure simply by a user joining a server/league with customized, but outdated, skins. Same applies to tracks. I went about a month not being able to load Sebring due to some mod conflict. All cars and tracks should have some insulation from online content, but especially DLC products that have been paid for.

Ernie likes this.
  2. Brack Jabham

Brack Jabham Registered

If folks don't have the relevant content installed they get a "package not found error" - sure they can download from the server but that puts heavy load on the server and may cause slowdown for others.Depending where they live, it is faster to get it from the Workshop. Not sure if we have to be "approved" league for this to be solved by new competition UI and what "approved" would mean if this is the case.
    Otherwise, how can this best be solved?

3. Brack Jabham

Brack Jabham Registered

In our last race, driver running GT3 was disconnected. We allow rejoin with new car. He rejoined and his car (and all other cars) were Clios. We were running GT3!. No wonder he was slower after rejoin!.
    I was also disconnected, I could not rejoin at all. Not sure if related to latest build, as this has not normally been an issue.