Commercial license for sim center

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by atomed, Jul 9, 2019.

1. atomed

atomed Member

Hello everyone

I´ve been looking for similar posts in the forum but did not find anything similar so I´m going to ask myself. I´m planning to build a simulation center in my home town, Pamplona. Currently I am in the fase of gathering info and doing numbers. It will consist on 7 cockpits, 6 regular ones and another Formula style. I would like to know what would be the cost of working with your software.

Thanks.

2. GeraArg

GeraArg Registered

atomed likes this.
  3. jpalesi

jpalesi Registered

I went once with friends to such simulation center, years ago. It was a nice day with hardware I'll probably never buy.
    But that business closed down within a few years only, and I can see why. Simulation is already niche as it is, it takes a lot of people coming often to make a living of it. Best of luck for your project.

atomed likes this.
  4. MiguelVallejo

MiguelVallejo Registered

Si el proyecto llega a materializarse iremos a probarlo. Mucha suerte y mantennos informados.
    Saludos desde Asturias.

atomed likes this.
  5. atomed

atomed Member

Thank you all for the replies, I asked Marcel, hope he gives me some info, if we open the sim center I´ll let you know.

Cheers.

6. Steve Olden

Steve Olden Registered

I think the opposite is true, people into racing regularly at home will want to upgrade their gear as and when possible.

The leisure market do not need high end gear to get a thrill from their one off sim racing experience....and anything given to the public to use will break, cheap or not. Just have lots of cheap stuff to swap out as spares.
    Motion is not necessary as a lot of people won't get on with it. (i've seen some that couldn't even bear to race in front of a screen for more than 5mins.)
    nicely painted up wooden cockpits would suffice, people would probably feel more at ease in something that looks like a race car rather than a torture rack. (8020 rigs are functional, but they ain't pretty)

7. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I think the regular racers being referred to are people who come to play on the rigs regularly, not at home. Sim racers already have their kit and can play people online already. If those guys are coming in it's for the atmosphere and giving their friends a hard time, and they don't need the very best for that.

Agree on motion too, for average Joe an impressive screen and buttkickers in a 'proper' cockpit is fine.

Bart S likes this.
  8. Depco

Depco Registered

The possibility of a couple of the rigs having VR would be something to think about as well. Not all VR as, much like motion rigs, some people dont get along with VR either.