RF2 NEEDS a Daytona RC DLC

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dpi44, Jul 5, 2019.

1. Dpi44

Dpi44 Registered

If two of the three biggest endurance races (Sebring and Le Mans) get a DLC update, then Daytona RC should too. The fact that only Daytona RC available is one with poorly optimized features (converted from rf1) is truly embarrassing.

FrC, williang83 and memoNo1 like this.
  2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

The Rolex track would be grand, but if you read @Marcel's 1st 25 questions, S397 will tend to be Euro Focus'ed. We are getting Portland at some point in the future.(not sure if it's Laser or more like Zandvoort) ((so they not EXCLUSIVELY aiming at Europe, but that is the companies largest sales base I think))
    Other 24hr enthusiasts might argue that Spa should be featured as well as the upcoming Nords. And of course those Crazy Australians(did I write that out loud?) will beg for Mt Panorama. Then there is Dubai and Laguna Seca(whatever it's named after now) COTA, and a whole host of GT3 24/12hr events. (although certainly those newer events don't have the cache` of the Rolex 24hr)
    I personally think the F1 pit entrance at Spa is very difficult for AI cars to be guided into via the AIW file. The chicane places them on the wrong side of the track to gain smooth entrance and that might itself deter S397 from attempting it.
    But back to Rolex. Better lit than any other 24hr track, I don't know if the sheer volume of lights around the track would hit the fps too hard. It's one of two real tracks that I've ever been to, so it would be great fun going back virtually. The infield camping is similar to Sebring so we already know the fps hit that all those RV's(caravan's to our Euroland friends) create. if nothing else, a laser scanned version of the Rolex will truly let us discover if there is a bump leaving the infield onto the banking. Imagine the damage the potholes on the inside apex's of the chicane could do?
    And finally, The Rolex track could be tied to an IMSA car pack with DPi, GTLM & GTD(helloooo Acura NSX & Lexus!) , even the upcoming DPi Hybrid formula.

3. gpellis87

gpellis87 Registered

Agreed - would love to see Daytona, Road America, Mid-Ohio, and Laguna Seca as a US track pack. Daytona has the added benefit of being a popular track for road course racing AND oval - so it'd appeal to both. If I'm being greedy I'd like to see the Charlotte ROVAL too - that track is seriously fun on iRacing and would have the added benefit of the oval.

pascom, makan, FrC and 3 others like this.
  4. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

After watching some of the 24hrs of Le Mans, the rF2 engine clearly allows night racing from the driver's perspective. But the viewing public, at night, often just sees headlight after headlight. the lighting of the Rolex circuit would clearly benefit virtual viewers.
    (oh and probably Dubai as well,)

Brack Jabham likes this.
  5. Brack Jabham

Brack Jabham Registered

I get Daytona is a big Endurance Event. OP missed that Nurburgring is also under development and that is not a small event either. We are also missing Spa, a formal Suzuka, Bathurst - all big Endurance events. Not to mention the full WEC grid. So yes, other US based Endurance locations would be great (and Daytona Oval while they are at it) but the world is not Europe and race fans like good racing outside of their countries, so I would recommend prioritizing great circuits that don't cost too much to licence, and chase the others once the foundation is right

makan, McKiernan and bwana like this.
  6. DustySticks

DustySticks Registered

If they add another endurance pack, which it sounds like there will be one, I think Daytona Road Course would be an awesome idea. If that doesn't work then Watkins Glen or Road Atlanta would be another great addition.

I think you could save Spa for when they add the Hypercars (whenever that is). I'm from the US so I'm biased, but I really think rF2 would be the perfect platform for IMSA content. If they got GT4 and TCR they could do the Michelin Pilot Challenge, the Ligier P3 would allow for the Prototype Challenge, and obviously DPis or even the Ligier and Dallara LMP2s and a few missing GTD/GTLM cars would allow for the WeatherTech Championship.

7. AMillward

AMillward Registered

The DX11 updated Daytona is pretty good. Not perfect, but pretty good.

Levelup1 likes this.
  8. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

For Daytona they'd need to do some work on physics first, banked tracks put rF2 on the limit (or is it the collision code, something like that) of cpu use

9. Daniele Vidimari

Daniele Vidimari Registered

But there are some game-breaking issues: pitlane is bugged and is not possible to serve a drive through, "garages" and pitstall are the same, and the walls in the banking are deadly, just a scratch on them and the car explodes.
    I ended up replacing the round at Daytona in my league with Palm Springs, to avoid a big mess.
    Also the Bus Stop is not accurate, the real one has a really nice flow and the one on that mod is a bit annoying to do, is not possible to hit each curb without doing a slower line.

+1 for an official Daytona

10. AMillward

AMillward Registered

They do for tin tops, but on a Ryzen 5 2600 I can run the full 33 cars at Indy with no issues.

t0p5ecret likes this.
  11. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

I've seen some people during VEC races reporting issues at Indy. In any case Daytona has more than 3x the banking of Indianapolis, even the back straight is banked lol