the 10 sec. light problem

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Greg Daniels, Jul 8, 2019.

1. Greg Daniels

Greg Daniels Registered

I do not know if the topic is right here. Otherwise, please move.

The light problem has been known for some time now.
    Currently, it is the case that the driver gets a message in the chat, that he should include the light within 10 seconds. Otherwise, you will be disqualified.

As far as I know, it's worth having in a file that needs to be changed. Why was this still not fixed?
    This should be high on the list of priorities and should be solved long ago.
    It can easily be solved. For example, by extending the time, or switching off this stupid attitude. But what am I talking about? You should know better. In real racing you will not be disqualified after 10 seconds, just because you drove without light.
    Partly it is also so that the light must already be turned on, if it is not relevant at all.

Why is this problem, which happens to the drivers again and again, not solved?
    Of course, it's work to adjust for each track, but it would be so easy to make a problem disappear quickly.

2. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

Ya, it's lame. You can workaround it by un-binding your headlight button, then they'll turn on automatically.

3. Greg Daniels

Greg Daniels Registered

OK, thank you for the info. You can also use a macro program. But is that the point of the matter?

4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I would say it's on the long list of known issues. You might be new here, so the good and bad news is we've had known issues for 6+ years. It might still take some time to fix them, but there is still a list so it should happen ;)

5. Greg Daniels

Greg Daniels Registered

So I've been playing rf2 for 10 months and I've known the problem directly, and I am only surprised that a problem, which is apparently fast to solve, has still not been resolved.
    Apart from the many other more serious problems.
    Well, 6 years I'm not in rf2, but in other sims and know these problems. I find rf2, the best sim ever. But unfortunately the 24h race showed that most of the errors should be fixed before releasing new content with even more errors. Do not get me wrong. I think it's good that s397 with new content trying to attract new racer. But when they are deterred by such and other problems. One should try to keep it in balance. That would be better in my opinion.
    What I have already experienced in the short time, is already a little too much. What have you experienced that have been around for a while?

6. stonec

stonec Registered

I never thought of this as an issue as such. Is there a good reason why anyone would want to drive without headlights in the dark for longer than 10 seconds? Wouldn't it actually be extremely dangerous in a multiclass race if someone about to overtake from behind uses no headlights in the night?

Could it be implemented in a better way? Probably, but there are tons of actual bugs that need solving first IMO.

7. lagg

lagg Registered

The problem is that this can happen quite before to drive in the dark.
    This is interesting. Could you explain how to do this, please?

8. Greg Daniels

Greg Daniels Registered

With a macro program. The problem is the order. The macro program should get used to the fact that there is a flash light and that the light stays on afterwards. But we have not solved it yet.

the problem is you would need 2 macros because to turn on the light it needs one button press more then it would need to flash and the light stays on after that