Looking for VR requirements

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by williang83, Jul 7, 2019.

1. williang83

williang83 Registered

I'm planning to upgrade my machine and usually my computers are tailored to run specifics products, i'm not a generic gamer anymore. Among those few games i play (BMS, XP11 and the surely the next MSFS) there is rF2 which already struggle on my build in tracks like Sebring and Le Mans.

I'd like my next build to be valve Index VR capable that offers a GOOD and smooth VR experience, without compromising too much graphic quality. Unfortunately i have no experience with VR at all so i'd love to hear suggestions and tips from the community. If a smooth and pleased experience is not possible, at least in rF2, i'd love to have this sort of input.

Thanks in advance

2. Narrowbackwing

Narrowbackwing Registered

First upgrade to look at is graphic card , I use 1080ti rf2 runs sweet in Vr but always looking for more performance.
    One of the better CPU for VR gaming is the Intel Core i9-9900K. It has 8 cores, high clock speeds, and an efficient architecture .
    Samsung ssd adds a little more speed when loading .
    All this really depends on your budget.

One of my upgrades was jumping from a 980ti to 1080ti —was it worth the money per fps nooooooo way , so be sure what you need to upgrade :) .

It’s a few years since I built my PC , looking forward to my next build from scratch .

Oh and thanks to TheIornWolf for this , it’s really helps with extra fps with CV1 .
    https://gitlab.com/TheIronWolfModding/OpenOVR/blob/master/README.md

Last edited: Jul 8, 2019
    williang83 likes this.
  3. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

I am running a ryzen 1600x (first gen, they are at gen 3 already) and a GTX 1080. I have ran on a first gen vive (not pro), on mostly highest settings, the official 24 hours of lemans. Night stints mostly, but those were even more light effects rendered.

you could go the most expensive intel's knee jerk reaction to ryzen processor, but for a few hundreds of euro's less, you can get a just as decent system. Keep in mind, rF2 isn't as much of a computer destroyer as it was a while back.

williang83 likes this.