HELP!..No controller (TM500 ferrari add on) detected in rF2

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Paulo_MFR, Jul 3, 2019.

1. Paulo_MFR

Paulo_MFR Registered

Hello,
    If anyone can help I will be very grateful...
    Without any known reason my TM500 ferrari add on just stop working and is no longer recognized by the rF2. When I start the desktop everything goes normal, everything is detected & tested wellI and even can be used in other games...but when I enter the rF2 everything stops working and I also receive the message: 'no controllers connected' (when I try to detect it).
    I do not know if it has anything to do with this...but everything happened just after I bought and use the reiza pack and the Sebring IR and also, I supposed, after an upgrade(?) done yesterday.
    ...HELP?
    thanks in advance

2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

go back to windows, choose the TM control panel then click on the ADVANCED button and verify the wheel is your primary controller. If you have shifters or button boxes or even just another controller connected, then they might be causing a conflict with the controller dectection routines. Remember, the original code for rF2 is close to a decade old and probably having multiple controllers was not something the guys at ISI may have anticiapted.

Paulo_MFR likes this.
  3. Paulo_MFR

Paulo_MFR Registered

Thanks for your answer. But that's the only controller I have...

4. Akela_DE

Akela_DE Registered

You should let us know what you have already done, like steam file check , deleted controller.json etc

Paulo_MFR likes this.
  5. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Instead of trying to detect the wheel, try to assign some of the controls yourself.

Paulo_MFR likes this.
  6. Paulo_MFR

Paulo_MFR Registered

@Akela_DE : thanks for your answer. I'd done steam file check & also deleted controller.json. Nothing works

7. Paulo_MFR

Paulo_MFR Registered

@Lazza: thanks for your answer. When I tried to assign controls on rF2 (settings, etc)... nothing happens.

8. Paulo_MFR

Paulo_MFR Registered

CONCLUSION: do not know where the problem is. I'd send an email for Studio-397 support. They just... do not answer at all.-
    So... for know I'm making a complete (re)istallation of rF2. Let's hope that works.

9. Akela_DE

Akela_DE Registered

and ? some progress ?

Paulo_MFR likes this.
  10. Danny Wilde

Danny Wilde Registered

The steam app offers a controller interface that can cause problems with racing titles. Try unselecting the global option in the steam app for controller options if it shows that check box marked and you may need all the other options unselected too. Within the Steam app toolbar on top; Steam, Settings, Controller, General Controller Settings.

svictor and Paulo_MFR like this.
  11. Paulo_MFR

Paulo_MFR Registered

Wheel problem resolved. BUT now I cannot start the game when I tried to go to track!... It start loading the track but when it finish and I just can see a glimpse of the boxes and the game return do steam library... DAM rf2!

12. Akela_DE

Akela_DE Registered

What has solved your wheel problem ? reinstall ?

and look in my sig - for support/help it would be good to tell everyone what hardware and software you are using

13. Victor Miguelez

Victor Miguelez Registered

I have the exact same problem. Everything started after last Steam update, two or three months ago. The only game that won’t recognize any of my wheels, pedals, button boxes,etc. is rFactor2. And there’s absolutely no guidance as to how to solve the problem. Most posts date back 2 years and do not solve the problem. I have tried every suggestion to no avail. Hopefully someday somebody will find the solution or.....a new update from Steam solves the issue, however Steam doesn’t seem to be very interested in looking at this though. Solution? no rFactor2 for the time being.

14. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@Victor Miguelez Please note that often when people say "I have the exact same problem" we later find out they have a different wheel, slightly different symptoms, haven't tried a step or three that were suggested by the OP, and like you they often don't have any system information in their post or on their profile.

If you can give a LOT more information (wheel, system specs, steps you HAVE taken) it will give people the opportunity to help you solve your problem. Posting for the first time after two or three months having an issue doesn't help you much.

15. Victor Miguelez

Hi Lazza, maybe you´re right, but not totally. When I say I have the same problem I meant: the symptoms are exactly the same, all of a sudden ( maybe because of Steam update as I read somewhere) rF2 didn´t detect any controller at all. The last time I used it, I had my Fanatec wheel V2.5 plus the V3 pedals and the Fanatec Shifter,also had a couple DD button boxes-panels and everything worked perfect.
    Then, one day, after a long trip overseas, I open rf2 and....nothing. I tried everything known, changed UBS ports, checked all windows drivers, and tested everything outside rf2, reinstalled rf2, etc,etc. and....nothing, it´s as If I had nothing connected, exactly as Paulo MFR commented.
    Now, recently I received my new Simucube2 Pro, and connected then the V3 and the shifter directly and independently to the PC. Again, everything is working nicely outside rf2. iRacing works perfectly (maybe that´s why I use it most of the time, is clean and direct, no Steam hasle, no VR problems). With rf2 the same situation. I read somewhere the problem could be in the .json file, but I really don´t know if that's the case. I have erased all user data, controllers, player,controller.json file, and then re´started, and nothing, reinstalled. I load the simucube profile inside rf2 but nothing happens, no button is detected, no pedals, no button boxes. The only device recognized is the keyboard ! So, for the last 20-30 days, I have been reading post after post every single day to see if somebody reports the same and there´s a consistent answer. I gave up and made the post you responded to. When I have a problem in anything related to simracing my process is: read all posts, investigate, try suggestions and eventually solve any problem. 99% of my problems have been solved this way. So please don´t tell me that I just waited 2-3 months to report or post the problem: besides, I have all other sims ( AC,ACC,PC2, RR·,iRacing), so if rf2 is not working I go to the other options, I cannot spend a full day wasting my time to try solving a problem in a already problematic application as rf2. Forgive my venting my frustrations but I am really mad with the guys of rf2, such a nice sim but very unstable. Sooo.......if you have a solution for my problem....then I withdraw all my comments :=)

Last edited: Nov 19, 2019
  16. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@Victor Miguelez Did you try what Danny Wilde suggested above?

I'm not telling you what you did, you know that better than I ever can. The problem is transparency; with a single vague post we don't know what you've done or exactly what your issue is, now that you've elaborated more we have more information to go on.

17. svictor

svictor Registered

Thanks for this very important solution, this is the answer that solved a lot similar problems in our league as well (hopefully more people know it). Anyone having device detection issue should try it first!

18. Victor Miguelez

Fair enough. Yes, I tried what Danny Wilde suggested, unchecked all options for controllers in the Steam settings. The problem persists. What I have noticed is that, event hough not to the level of rF2, all applications under Steam ( AC,RR3, PC2) have some issues on the calibration of my wheels. I am struggling with RR3 and PC2. The sim is not registering the right turn of all my steering wheels ( Fanatec wheels and Ascher Racing F28) so has been almost impossible to center them. correctly,etc.. So, I believe the core of the problem lies somewhere into Steam, but have not the slightest idea where or how. In the meantime I am just racing in iRacing.

19. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

20. doddynco

doddynco Registered

I would add to that you should begin your turn at the opposite bumpstop. i.e put the wheel all the way to the right, then click steer left, turn the wheel all the way to the left bumpstop, then click steer right and turn the wheel all the way to the right bumpstop. If you don't do this you likely have an axis deadzone in the middle, which feels like a little notch right in the centre. If done properly there will be no noticable centre point.