Autocross editor

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by Remco Majoor, Aug 30, 2017.

1. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

Some might still remember this feature in Live For Speed. The autocross edit is pretty much a thing where you can put in objects like they do on real life autocross events. Tire stacks, posts, hay bales, concrete cubes, kerbs and go on.

What would be the benefits?
    • Drift events could easely use the editor to create clipping points on already existing tracks
    • As the title said, autocross events/time trails
    • Track adjusting, like formula 1 does a lot. adding a kerb so people can't cut, without the need of insane modding skill
    • Demolition derby, on something like an abandoned airfield
    • Create entire tracks on airfields, like indycar did, like Formula E did
    • Go kart tracks without the need of insane modding skills
    • Creativity in general. People create entire cities in LFS at this moment, thats how good that editor is
    Of course there are different ways this could be implemented.
    • Real time, like in LFS. The hardest probably and the least expected. Most user friendly though.
    • A mode (alongside race, an autocross edit mode). You of course wouldn't be able to test it while creating it, but that's not a must anyway.
    • An external tool. Easiest way of implementing probably, and would give the most posabilities.
    This is because I'm no good modder at all (did some tracks in AC), but do love creating tracks or challenges. Of course I so not understand how hard this is to implement, this sounds very doable to me. Either make it a drivable surface object (ramp, or a patch of astro turf), a kerb, paint (for on the racign surface), or a wall.

Again, this is just me running my mind.

Vance Le Garde likes this.
  2. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

Here an example of a drift track created in LFS

3. filippu

filippu Registered

Keep wishing (IMO). We can't get gJed updated for DX11 for example, so the chances of this happening is about 0%.

4. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

With this reasoning they would never update rF2 anymore XD

5. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

So, nearly one year later. We have formula vee, actual go-karts, formula e, and hell, even the tatuus would fit on autocross tracks. This would make a lot of fun and maybe even for serious racing.

Brack Jabham likes this.