Little Help Please

Discussion in 'Track Modding' started by larry24, Jul 6, 2019.

1. larry24

larry24 Registered

I am working on Alabama Speedway. I am trying to update some stuff and was wondering if some one could tell me how to change a sign. I have the sunoco sign from another track, But how to i swap it out to replace the synergy signs? Thanks for any help

Attached Files:

• syn.JPG
      syn.JPG
      File size:
      53.3 KB
      Views:
    • su.JPG
      su.JPG
      File size:
      53.6 KB
      Views:
  2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Use your editor of choice to put copies of the new sign in the correct positions, and export to GMTs.

If you're using 3dSimEd I'm sure someone can step you through it.

Should be in modding section by the way, but let it be moved - don't create another.

3. larry24

larry24 Registered

I will be using 3dsimed if some one could tell me the steps. Thanks

4. Bernd

Bernd Registered

There are different ways to do it, i would go this one.
    Load/import the scn file of the track from that you want to use the mesh.
    Rightclick on th object that you want to use and in theopening contextmenu, go to 'Object...' and pick the right one.
    A new Window appears, that has 2 rows of buttons on the top.
    In the second row, select the 4th button, that shows 'Isolate Object', when hover the mose over it.
    Click that button and the object gets moved into a new window.
    In the main menu, click on 'Edit'.
    You have several sections with buttons showing up.
    Go the section 'Transforms' where 'Resize', 'Translate' and 'Rotate' are in and click on the green cross, that is right from 'Translate'.
    In the dropdown, select 'Bottom Center Model'.
    In the main menu, go to the section "Tags" and click on 'Face Data Attributes'.
    In the opening window, in the line 'Pivot Point', click into the cell where the numbers are, delete all, enter 0,0,0, press enter and then click OK.
    Now import the scn file of the track into that you want to put the new object.
    Go back to the window with the isolated object and press Ctrl+C on your keyboard.
    Go to the window with the track where the object shall go to.
    Move your mouse to the position where the object shall be positioned, make a rightclick and select 'Memorize XYZ'.
    Press Ctrl+V on your keyboard.
    A new window opens, where you have to click on the button 'MR' on the top of the window.
    The object appears on the selected position and you can manipulate it, to get it into the right position and orientation, by editing the values of 'Position', 'Rotation' and 'Scale' in the window.
    If the positioning is done, click on the round green button with the checkmark, that is the second last one in the window.
    In the main menu, go to the section "Tags" again and click on 'Face Data Attributes'.
    In the opening window, in the line 'Pivot Point', click again into the cell where the numbers are, delete all, enter 0,0,0, press enter and then click OK.
    In the main menu, click on 'Export' and on the rfactor 2 symbol.
    From the dropdown select 'Save rFactor2 Model' DON'T select 'Save rFactor2 Objects'!!
    Save into the folder where the meshes/textures from the track are.
    Go back to the window where the isolated object is.
    In the main menu, go to the section 'Design Export Formats' and click on 'Export Textures'.
    If asked for renaming, click 'No' and save the textures into the same folder where the mesh was saved.
    Now you only have to replace the Instance entries of the old mesh with the name of the new mesh in the scn file.
    Or add a new Instance if you have added an object.
    If i haven't forgotten a step, that should work.
    If not, post again here.

Gilles Benoit and Lazza like this.