Super GT cars.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Slip_Angel, Jul 5, 2019.

1. Slip_Angel

Slip_Angel Registered

IMG_6187.JPG Why no one is asking for super GT or GT500 cars ?
    These gt500 cars looks absolutely fantastic;I was hoping if we could get old NSX in above picture and hopefully add other cars to compete with.
    I'm happy to pay for this single car DLC or better group of cars from that era.

GertjanD, atomed, makan and 1 other person like this.
  2. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

3. Corti

Corti Registered

4. Corti

Corti Registered

5. t0p5ecret

t0p5ecret Registered

I just wished that URD finished off theirs, that Nissan was superb!

coltair likes this.
  6. Slip_Angel

Slip_Angel Registered

Pawel44 likes this.
  7. Slip_Angel

Slip_Angel Registered

Ricardo Diz likes this.
  8. Slip_Angel

Slip_Angel Registered

Check this video out guys,I think after this sounds and looks you will understand why i'm so desperate to add this car in this arguably one of the best simulator in the market.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2019
    atomed, Alex72, makan and 1 other person like this.
  9. makan

makan Registered

I wish 397 had more resources to bring all of these awesome series to rF2.

10. Godwind Racing

Godwind Racing Registered

11. jmgl158a

jmgl158a Registered

Yeah
    I wish Nissan GTR, Honda Nsx and the new supra gt500 for the next season.

Studio 397 usually launches pack of 5 cars, could launch three super gt and two other cars more

for me
    Supra Gt500 2020
    Nissan GTR
    Honda NSX

atomed, Slip_Angel and makan like this.
  12. Alex96

Alex96 Registered

This year's GT300 category has an interesting variety of cars, because the idea of unifying DTM and SuperGT by 2021 seems to me to be dead, BMW has been left alone in DTM and the Japanese have no interest in coming to race the German championship; although the SuperGT500 category might be feasible for Studio397 ...

13. Chris Lesperance

Chris Lesperance Registered

Didn't realize this was an older bumped thread, but some information since the original post.

I'm not sure who made the original 2013 Nissan, weather it was ISI, S397 (who inherited it from ISI, and was one of their first rF2 releases since the transition) or URD (who did several S397 models), but... URD did have the other two models done, but were never released officially. They were given for an AC release. Could be possible for some one to do the same for rF2.

URD.JPG

14. likes_simracing

likes_simracing Registered

Sometime ago, I saw on Chivas' feed that an Alex Ogrinc was trying to reach him. I thought I saw that name before (it is on the credits when closing rF2). So there might be something going on. Chivas prefers free mods so hopefully that remains the same here.

atomed likes this.
  15. VirusGR42

VirusGR42 Registered

I know that on Chivas's Facebook page Banner there is an rf2 logo so there might be chance we will get those cars here too. I hope we get them because some of the detail in them is amazing and a lot of work goes into them.

16. Alex96

Alex96 Registered

It would be nice to have a pack of Japanese cars like the recent SuperGTs. Can someone tell me if the tires of the NissanGT 500 by Studio have ever been updated, or have they been there since it was launched for the game? I haven't used the Nissan in over a year and now I'm taking the opportunity to test it on some circuits ...

17. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

not that I'm aware of, still skid first then grip. I never liked those tires, keeps me away from the Nissan, but supposedly the US2000 cars had the same generation tire and I never had qualms with that car and feel. Either the extra weight of the Nissan overwhelms the tire, OR, there is a reversed number/value somewhere in the tire file.
    But best to check for yourself. I have been unable to drive since Feb. Waiting for a new wheel to ship around the first of August.

18. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

I tried the SuperGt500
    It’s like driving on the oil! I tried every thing but no grip at all specially in acceleration and I’m not a weak driver!
    This car physics is broken.
    This car should have super grip with all its aero downforce but the rfactor2 version is a dance party.

19. Alex96

Alex96 Registered

Well, I don't know what to say, but if they are the same tires as US2000, I don't think they will work the same way in a car that must weigh twice as much. I don't know if the physics are broken but maybe the tires are not the right ones, would it be appropriate and easier to update it with the GT3 tires ??
    Anyway, we will see if Studio397 is encouraged with a SuperGT pack ... since the Japanese do not dare to come and run in Europe, we will do it in virtual jaaa jaaaa

20. Lazza

Lazza Registered

No, same 'generation' but very different tyres. Back then the model was missing some features and had a simplification or two compared to now, but tyres were still built for each car which includes accounting for weight vs contact patch and things like spring rate.

You might consider a tyre from back then around 70% of a current one in terms of tech. The large differences people feel (sometimes real, sometimes at least partly imagined) are more down to the design and implementation of that particular tyre, rather than the underlying technology.