[REL] Goodwood Festival of Speed 2017 v0.01 (beta)

Discussion in 'Locations' started by Rastas, Jul 4, 2019.

1. Rastas

Rastas Registered

Track converted from Asseto Corsa whit permission from the autor-Gunnar333,so all credits to him and a huge thanks in name of all rFactor 2 comunity :)
    Now some words from Gunnar333 in the original post in RD.

https://www.racedepartment.com/…/goodwood-festival-of-spee…/

So here is a little story about my relation to the Goodwood Festival of Speed:
    After watching the annual FoS broadcasts and having the lack of this circuit in AC and other sims (AFAIK only GT6 featured the 2012 version of it) I decided to try this project after finishing my Borgloh track.
    https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/borgloh.18393/
    Thanks to open LIDAR and YouTube I was able to find good resources for modeling the 2017 version.

The Festival of Speed 2017 was held from June 29 to July 2. It celebrated 70 years of Ferrari, 50 years of AMG and Bernie Ecclestone. The central sculpture honors the "Five Ages of Ecclestone". And if you look closely you can spot Bernie on the Goodwood house balcony watching you trying to break the lap record.

In 2018 I finally visit the FoS. What a great experience. And I get the chance of seeing parts of the track you don't find online (like the top paddock) and taking millions of photos for texture work.

I go link the paypal from the autor to any one that whats to pay him a beer :)
    https://www.paypal.com/donate/?toke...jy7WBmH6jQ4ybBuT5CoW&country.x=DE&locale.x=DE
    Now the track in rFactor2:
    This is an earlier beta version,no realroad shader yet,AIW is not perfect,some textures are glowing.
    Crowds only appear in a race weekend.
    Fireworks showing at night as some ilumination.
    Ferriwheel by ISI
    Thanks all and have a nice weekend running the virtual GFOS :)

DOWNLOAD:
    http://www.mediafire.com/…/Goodwood_Hillclimb_0.01_te…/file…
    GRAB_452.JPG GRAB_453.JPG GRAB_457.JPG GRAB_460.JPG

Last edited: Jul 4, 2019
  2. 006

006 Registered

Nice, i will gladly have a run up the hill.
    To anyone thinking of going, Goodwood FoS is awesome! Went the last 2 years, but cant make it this time.

Thanks Rastas (and gunnar)

atomed, chisco85 and Rastas like this.
  3. Rastas

Rastas Registered

Thank you broski,i wish i can go too one day,is on my bucket list tough :)
    Have an happy runs and any bug report,altough this is an very beta version hehe :)

chisco85 likes this.
  4. Binny

Binny Guest

great to see it done with permission and just not ripped. others could learn from this.

GPNeville and Rastas like this.
  5. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

That's the way to go. I hope the community is growing and we soon have a field as big as the AC scene. This is very good for our Sim and means growth in the S397 team and other great content! Many Thanks.

chisco85 and Rastas like this.
  6. Devin

Devin Member Staff Member

I just gave it a quick run. Fantastic job so far! Really immersive environment, animated people and objects, timing works and everything, it looks good and feels good. And the best part, it's completely legitimate, not a rip!

Just a very mild point of constructive criticism, either the real one is an awful lot bumpier or less grippy, because I just went 40 flat in my very first ever climb in a Tatuus PM18, going flat past the wall, then took a GT500 and went 39, then a 42 in a GTE, all on first try, no setup, all defaults. I doubt it's because I can go more on the limit since it's just a sim, because I surely haven't been on any limit as I didn't know the climb.
    I hope that's gonna be improved once you add your planned realroad stuff, however if you ask me that feature isn't even that important for this track.

If the original one uses a separate road mesh for better bumps it might be worth trying to exaggerate that a little, but grip is probably the main thing here.

Looking forward to the next version!

Rastas likes this.
  7. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Can't wait to try it in rF2, thanks.

As for bumps, I only drove it slightly in AC, and it did seem quite grippy + rather smooth. I did have a feel that something is up in there.

Overall it is quite well done in AC, I expect it to be even better in rF2.

chisco85 and Rastas like this.
  8. Rastas

Rastas Registered

Thanks all for the suport broskis,Gunnar as made an awesome job,so all credits to him,and also to S397 and ISI :)
    I go try to improve a lot of stufs,like moveable bales,realroad,i go try to use the physical mesh from AC,but is not corrected maped,but i go do my best ;)
    Also if some pro moder want to help improve AIW and give a try to added puddles map let me know :)
    A big hug for all and a huge thanks
    Rastas

2ndLastJedi, pkelly and memoNo1 like this.
  9. Magus

Magus Registered

Just got back from Goodwood. My 2nd time there and enjoyed it as much as the first. A lovely sunny day in Chichester, some fantastic cars old & new.

Will give this a go soon. Thank you.

On a side note; there were 2 motion simulators in the Michelin building running rF2, the Porsche GTE's on Brands Hatch. I queued up twice to try and beat the top time set (1:25) but the guys I was there with gave up after 5 minutes of waiting as each person was getting 4 laps and there were approx 10 people in front of us each time.

I'm pretty sure the circuit was not the AC version so curious to know where it has come from as looked good. Anyone know?

Rastas and jayarrbee36 like this.
  10. DaveS78

DaveS78 Registered

Been looking for a good version of Brands too without having to use the AC one.

Will download this tonight for sure!

t0p5ecret likes this.
  11. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Yeah, it is probably bit too fast because bit too high grip and the flint wall section is very likely not twisted enough, and it makes sense it is covered by trees, thus LiDAR was not very helpful for that bit I guess. One more thing, that creator was probably guessing, might have been location of the finish line as well as start line maybe.

12. t0p5ecret

t0p5ecret Registered

Yep I'd love a good Brands Hatch, the AIW on the AC version sucks

memoNo1 likes this.
  13. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Lets not make it Brands Hatch thread

14. Devin

Devin Member Staff Member

Let me know if you need help with that, or the track in general. I'll have some time for modding next week, properly UVing that mesh should not be too big of an issue, and might as well apply realroad and puddle maps to it then :)

Oh also, at least in VR I seem to get some godrays from certain white buildings which seem to be too white, I'll check on a flat screen too but might be worth looking into that.

2ndLastJedi, pkelly and Rastas like this.
  15. Rastas

Rastas Registered

Yea,some textures need work,there a lot of them hehe,also yes,i need help whit the road,in the nexts days i go send to you the track unpacked for devmod ;)
    And very thanks in advance borski :)

2ndLastJedi likes this.
  16. Rastas

Rastas Registered

Hmmm,only AC and GT as this track,maybe is a conversion from GT?

17. FuNK!

FuNK! Registered

The number of texture is always high and great efforts needed. But maybe I already got you covert: https://forum.studio-397.com/index....nversion-and-modification-albedo-ready.60647/ ;)

PS: Great work so far! :cool:

Rastas likes this.
  18. Rastas

Rastas Registered

FuNK! likes this.
  19. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Doesn't look that many textures are much too bright. I'd be worried more by too fast flint wall section (probably).

By the way as much as I drove it yesterday, I was very immersed, heven't driven such narrow track in rF2 before, the sense of speed is amazing.

I also really love first half of the drive, the second half I can't feel for some reason, perhaps except finish and last turns, which also feels immersive again.

20. mark7

mark7 Registered

Great news and well done getting this to RF2.
    On a side note managed to get a go in the Cranfield Simulation simulator at the Festival of Speed yesterday and it is running Assetto Corsa Pro with the hillclimb track and Aston Martin Valkyrie.
    Awesome ride with Dbox motion, g-force seat and airbag harnesses and VR, total cost £107,000 !!!

t0p5ecret and DaveS78 like this.