CS-closed Road to Le Mans / 24 hours of Le Mans

Discussion in 'Official Competitions & Contests' started by Deleted member 24698, Jun 17, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KeiKei

KeiKei Registered

This might surprise you, but you might not be the only one here who knows something about tuning a virtual race car. ;) By first doing hotlaps is to find differences in speed between these 3 car makes. Just to try see if there are bigger differences in "core phycics". What I found out is Porsche has best top speed, then Vette and lastly BMW. At Le Mans top speed is very important as it's the primary weapon to keep others behind at track. It's also very important if you're stuck behind someone.

Increasing preload to max is going nuts. In this case it helps with the lift-off oversteering, which is a biggest problem after latest BoP, but at the same time it's not good at all for accelerating out of corners - fast corners especially. It's fixing one thing by sacrificing another - which isn't best thing to do. But I agree with you, aero balance is off at the moment. Why I'm trying to keep wing 1? Because with wing 3 Porsche has faster top speed than Vette with wing 1. And I don't want them to overtake me from left and right. THAT is the problem. :D

Let's hope performance of cars across a stint is balanced. Time will tell.

2. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

that the Porsche with wing 3 runs the same as the Corvette with wing 1 is not true, nor with wing 2, that is not true

3. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

one caveat about comparing top speeds, if the more balanced car can enter the straight at a faster rate, then they should carry most of that speed down the straight. (this, of course, coming from one of the world's SLOWEST sim-racers) to fully compare just top speeds, you would need one of those straight line only tracks a few users built, that is long enough to allow top speed to be reached long before the straight ends without worrying about gearing out of the corner, entry speed, etc.

Daniele Vidimari and D Nichols like this.
  4. Marcel Offermans

Marcel Offermans Registered

@RolandTJ and everybody else who contributed to the Le Mans GTE BOP letter.

Let me provide a bit of insight into the history of this change. We know for a while that the BOP for the GTE cars is wrong, so work on that started literally months ago. Our physics guys work with the beta testing team, all volunteers, to test and push these cars. We were clearly getting two kinds of feedback from that process:
    1. The cars needed a BOP as the Corvette was clearly the slowest, the BMW strongest overall and the Porsche could sometimes keep up, depending on the track.
    2. Physics wise there were several issues reported with these cars by the testing team.
    Our process is simple, the physics team make changes, and we then rely on our testers (especially the fast ones) develop setups and push the cars to the limit. Obviously the speed of this process depends on the time those testers have and we were running out of time given our goal to at least try to equalize the cars better for Le Mans. So a few days ago we decided to publish the changes we had so far, assuming they would be better than not doing anything, which would have meant everybody not in a BMW would be screwed for sure.

So was this a perfect decision, certainly not? Would it have been better not to do anything? I don't think so. I appreciate the constructive nature of the document, so I would like to invite everybody who feels strongly about this to get in touch and help us improve the BOP going forward. Pushing these cars (and others) takes a lot of time, and we can use all the help we can get.

Good luck this weekend!

Marcel (on behalf of Studio 397).

Dookie, Leynad, bwana and 14 others like this.
  5. Luca D'Amelio

Luca D'Amelio Registered

Did you make the BoP at NOLA for Lemans? Because before the latest BoP, as we also seen from the prequali, the Corvette and BMW were the fastest, only the porsche needed a lift

Leynad and juanchioooo like this.
  6. txinas

txinas Registered

The server lifetiming is avaiable to see it??? Because i dont see nothing in the net.

7. There is no livetiming at the moment no, this is a brand new server so nothing has been installed yet.

Info about liveries and server update has been sent to managers.

8. Dmitri

Dmitri Registered

This is not funny. 12 h before the race start and you implement car physics change ... disrespectful to participants.

rocafella1978 likes this.
  9. CookieMonster

CookieMonster Registered

> does a BOP 4 days before the race
    > gets very negative feedback from the community
    > do it again the night before the race
    ???

Usually i'm quite understanding regarding tough decisions, etc, but come on. Especially if you've been on this for month, implementing it the night before the race is maybe the worst decision you could take.

10. Marcel Offermans

Marcel Offermans Registered

@Dmitri @CookieMonster before you go all crazy, guess what, we made a tiny mistake packaging the cars for the event, we did not intend nor will we change the physics for the event. Expect us to publish a fix to the workshop item you got (and upgrade the servers) within an hour or so.

11. t0p5ecret

t0p5ecret Registered

12. Nikodem Wisniewski

Nikodem Wisniewski Registered

Where is a workshop for the race? As I can't join the server. We didn't get any mails, we don't have the rules package, server password, anything...

13. All sorted

juanchioooo likes this.
  14. CookieMonster

CookieMonster Registered

My apologies then, thanks for fixing it

15. txinas

txinas Registered

livetiming from the server plase???

16. rocafella1978

rocafella1978 Registered

who is doing stream/ broadcast/ link?

17. pedro ramada

pedro ramada Registered

During the race all drivers from a team get in the server MAIN or the rest of drivers not Starting Driver get into the back up!??? Doubt on this sorry.

18. Bart S

Bart S Member

Don't take Max out or everyone will hate you forever.
    Best of luck to everyone and have fun.

19. Bill Worrel

Bill Worrel Registered

Churrinche likes this.
  20. Mads Kjeldsen

Mads Kjeldsen Registered

how did you solve that?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.