[REL] Crew Chief v4.5 with rFactor 2 support

Discussion in 'Other' started by The Iron Wolf, Feb 1, 2017.

1. Mark Fuller

Mark Fuller Registered

2. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

Just wanted to let you guys know - recently I added setting that suppresses race end messages for unfinished single player races "Disable rF2 race end msg. for abandoned events". This is handy if you test stuff a lot and drop races often, as usually race end messages are not very useful in such cases.

marvelharvey and Seven Smiles like this.
  3. Davvid

Davvid Registered

Did anyone encounter strange CLs (Connection Lost) from servers with the latest release (I mean probably newer rf2sharedmemory map.dll) ? Yesterday I couldn't drive on league server, constant CLs after 1-5 min. After I deleted plugin all started work normally (unfortunately without CrewChief). Maybe it was only coincidence...

4. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

Do you have EnableDirectMemoryAccess enabled in plugin configuration?

5. Davvid

Davvid Registered

I have it disabled.

6. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

Then it is unlikely SM plugin impacts anything, but never say never :D
    More likely, there's a regression in the app itself. Check \Documents\CrewChiefV4\debugLogs for last few session console logs, send them to me I'll check if app is not doing something completely off.

Davvid likes this.
  7. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

Just a little bit of a headsup. There has been breaking shared memory changes. So if you are using CC, do not ever let other tools to update plugin, otherwise anything can happen really. If you would like to use CC and SimHub at once, please ask SimHub developer to update the plugin.

It is a bit of inconveniecne, but there are tools to closely follow plugin evolution, and update clients to match changes. CC will always come with latest and greatest SM plugin. As a hint, every time first or second (from the left) plugin version number changed, memory layout has changed, and clients need updating.

Going forward I will be trying to reduce breaking changes, but sometimes they are hard to avoid.

Last edited: May 14, 2019
    Seven Smiles, Will Mazeo and Fremen78 like this.
  8. Akela_DE

Akela_DE Registered

thx. I just run into that problem. Asked wotever - no answer. In the SH readme its saying: Ask Crewchief stuff
    LOL :D
    Ok. i put SH to /dev/null

9. Bizi-AircooledPoly

Bizi-AircooledPoly Registered

Hi, up until a few weeks ago I could select which audio device to put the sounds to from the dropdown menu on the main CC interface. After an update this option has gone and if i set device in windows to use headset for just CC, I just get the background sound via the headset and the CC spotter from the main speaker? I can't seeming change this. So basically I want CC in my headset and game sounds from my normal speakers, as I could a few updates ago, can anyone help me with that. cheers.

10. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

In my experience wotever is very responsive and quick - but we all work full time. Give him some time, he'll upgrade SH.

Fremen78 likes this.
  11. Akela_DE

Akela_DE Registered

yes, sure, i will try it again in time

12. Dennis Johnson

Dennis Johnson Registered

I cannot seem to get crew chief to work with this game. All other sims are working.
    In the log, it indicates that the plugin only works with 64bit version of rf2 . I know I have the 64bit version.
    Any help would be appreciated.

13. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

At the launcher,(the brown screen that appears after the long long syncing with Steam occurs) click on the gear icon option. verify that the force 32bit box is NOT checked.

14. Dennis Johnson

Dennis Johnson Registered

I had already checked that out and the box was unchecked. In the mean time, I found a post suggesting and full un install and re install.
    I did that and now it works with rf2. Thanks for your reply though.

Seven Smiles and davehenrie like this.
  15. mr.Sw1tchblade

mr.Sw1tchblade Registered

403 forbidden :(

16. Daniele Vidimari

Daniele Vidimari Registered

Do we still need to wait wotever to update simhub or the "issue" is solved?

17. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

Latest Crew Chief update includes changes to the FE support. Since battery management is the central part of a FE race, I thought I'd share some details.

We added the new car class to support FE 2019 and full 45min race with no car swap (2018 class still supports mid race swap). There's also an initial track mapping for the FE Monaco track, LeMans (thanks Coutie), and Imola 2018 (thanks Scoops)

As before, Chief tracks battery usage and will give advices based on the battery usage trend. It is not exactly rocket science, but I tried to make it helpful and accurate. You could ask Chief "How's my battery" or map button to the "battery status" action. If using voice command, you could ask "Tell me more" after issuing "How's my battery" command, and Chief will advise on whether you should use more or less power (by adjusting driving and/or regen/engine mode). You can also enable "Use verbose command responses" so that Chief responds in full, without having to ask "Tell me more".

atomed, Corti, Hazi and 2 others like this.
  18. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Got this error message after the latest update. It seemed to be functiioning fine, just got this box each time I start the app/util/program, whatever they call them now.

upload_2019-9-1_19-58-30.png

19. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

Dave, could you try starting CC before you start rF2, once? I'll check tomorrow, it might be an unrelated regression though, because lookup path does not look right.

davehenrie likes this.
  20. TheGame316

TheGame316 Registered

Had the same message earlier. Seems to point towards wrong plugin folder. I started CC first(as usual) and message came up. Still allowed to press Start. I am not sure if the voices etc worked as I wasn't in there long enough to check( I was just checking a new package worked)