CS-closed Road to Le Mans / 24 hours of Le Mans

Discussion in 'Official Competitions & Contests' started by Deleted member 24698, Jun 17, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. D Nichols

D Nichols Registered

I don't think the BOP is wrong. I think the way the cars where being setup before was.

Whilst I'd be happy to revert to the changes you mention (who does not want an easy car to drive?), I know both Duces Motorsport Club and Satellite Racing are embracing the challange and the shaking up of the pack this has caused. Its a level playing field right now.

I hope we see you on track.

Pedro Delgado2 and juanchioooo like this.
  2. Daniele Brambilla

Daniele Brambilla Member

You're in the Porsche, mate. Our group is mostly made of Corvette and BMW teams.

Gergo Baldi likes this.
  3. Moriz Mehl

Moriz Mehl Registered

The Corvette is 2 seconds slower than your Porsche and the BMW is downright undrivable. This is not a level playing field, and the bop is obviously wrong.

rocafella1978 and Gergo Baldi like this.
  4. Gergo Baldi

Gergo Baldi Registered

I would say the same if I were driving the Porsche

Risto Kappet and juanchioooo like this.
  5. D Nichols

D Nichols Registered

If you want to garner support from other teams, that reply is not the way to go.

The 911 now has the same handling issues as the BMW and Corvette.

Marius Nicolae and juanchioooo like this.
  6. Daniele Brambilla

Daniele Brambilla Member

Yet you Porsche drivers are two seconds faster. How is that a level playing field?

7. Moriz Mehl

Moriz Mehl Registered

Have you even tried the BMW? Either you haven't or you're disillusioned, or - more likely - trying to influence S397 to act in your favour.

Gergo Baldi likes this.
  8. Daniele Brambilla

Daniele Brambilla Member

I don't think there's any malice in David's actions. He's probably fine with his car being the faster out of the lot and he's not willing to undergo another performance update. I'm sure he just wants to get this event underway already.

9. D Nichols

D Nichols Registered

Have you compared back-to-back MOTEC files to prove this?

10. Daniele Brambilla

Daniele Brambilla Member

Do you need to check the weather forecast to notice that's it's sunny outside of your window?

Luka Berk and Gergo Baldi like this.
  11. D Nichols

D Nichols Registered

So your findings are entirely subjective then.

Pedro Delgado2 and juanchioooo like this.
  12. Shawn Jacobs

Shawn Jacobs Registered

Just out of curiosity did you read Ed's post?

Luka Berk likes this.
  13. D Nichols

D Nichols Registered

Yes I did Shawn. It does not mention the 911 being two seconds faster.

I agree with Ed's post about the lack of rear end stability which has effected all cars.

14. Daniele Vidimari

Daniele Vidimari Registered

Just move your seat forward and adjust your FOV, jobs done. I struggle to get the sense of that image, the "Realistic FOV and camera on bonnet on signle screen" image is what you acheive by adjusting your seat position in order to get the perfect alignment between your real wheel and the virtual cockpit. Having 3 monitors has nothing to do with this, having 3 monitors is just a plus.

juanchioooo likes this.
  15. RolandTJ

RolandTJ Registered

Let's keep it civil and hear each other out.

Geordie likes this.
  16. Bill Worrel

Bill Worrel Registered

It's pretty standard in Sim Racing competitions and leagues. iRacing doesn't even offer any other view while driving.

You have options to improve your situational awareness:
    • Use all three virtual mirrors so you can see who's alongside (default key 3)
    • Use the opponent location track bar (default key 4)
    • Use look left and look right view (default keys V and N) to glance to your left and right
    • Use look behind view (default key B) to glance behind
    • Use Crew Chief with Spotter program
    I'm sure you won't agree, but it's been an ongoing controversy in Sim racing for 20+ years.

Here's a more recent complaint on Reddit about iRacing: https://old.reddit.com/r/iRacing/comments/7rzpkl/alternative_camera_views/

17. scamperic

scamperic Registered

I just want to be clear on where my team stands - we support S397 in doing what they feel is right (including reversing BOP if they see fit). I do not agree with the statement above that implies that we believe it is now a level playing field; clearly it is not. The only aspect that is “level” is that the changes occurred 3 days before the event, however, teams with other makes clearly are having to scramble more than Porsche teams.

We appreciate and enjoy the opportunity to race against the best teams and sim drivers in rFactor2 - that’s the reason we are here. The result is the cherry on top.

Just needed to make that clear...

- Eric Schmieder
    Deuces Motorsports Club

Shawn Jacobs, RolandTJ and Geordie like this.
  18. Currosport

Currosport Registered

It's a nightmare to drive the BMW...it's imposible. I know It's fair to make the competition as equal is posible but one thing is to make a car slower and other thing is to make it undriveable. It's so dangerous to drive a single sprint race with it, you don't even imagine a 24 hours race.

And don't say to me... "you didn't test the other cars". I don't need to. I have been training for 3 weeks and the BMW it's so different after the update than our set up doesn't mean nothign at all now.

This car was understeering all the time. Now it's the opposite. With the same setup¡¡¡¡¡

19. Ever driven 60 km/h into a tirewall with a car? i dont think it wont have any issues after that, not saying the engine will die, but 60 km/h is not slow.
    100% stays.

It has to be the same driver yes, as Qualifying is immediately before the race.
    Because... why any other view, and that was a rhetorical question, cockpit view stays.

juanchioooo likes this.
  20. 1. As qual races
    2. Read the rules
    3. Weather as we see it before the race, this will be applied roughly to what we see fit.

Geordie likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.