.rcd files don't work/do anything in live racing.

Discussion in 'Car Modding' started by SharD, Jul 3, 2019.

1. SharD

SharD Registered

I modified the .rcd file that came with the nascar 18/19 mod, and I noticed that the .rcd files only work when skipping sessions. When I skip qualifying the grid is realistic, as it is put down in the .rcd, but when I run it live the results are completely random, and has drivers with quali speed 1 have the same laptimes as drivers with quali speed 100. It is a cup mod, so all cars are exactly the same.

I tested this with AI limiter 0 and with AI limiter 100 and there was no difference. The grid was entirely random both of the times.

So, do .rcd files actually do anything in live racing, or are they only meant to be used when skipping sessions? It's annoying, if so, because it means you have to edit every single car's .hdv file to make a realistic season.

2. 69Elwood

69Elwood Registered

The RCD only serves to call the skins and put them in relation with the HDV. You have to go through the HDV. Without error.

google traductor.

3. Rujasu

Rujasu Registered

The talent files should matter. Wouldn't surprise me if there was another bug in the system though; that part of rF2 hasn't gotten much attention in years.

4. SharD

SharD Registered

It actually works now, only the driver with 60 speed is quicker than the driver with 100 speed. I guess the latter is overdriving the car or something.