Sim Racing System (SRS) support would transform rF2...

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by Milos Vujkovic, Jul 2, 2019.

1. Milos Vujkovic

Milos Vujkovic Registered

... into an online heavyweight and take a huge piece of iRacing's cake. For this to happen, as I understand, SRS developers are waiting for the new UI.

I hope the new UI will allow for old plugins support as well. There are so many great third-party plugins developed on DX9 that don't work any more. If this is not the case, adding DX9 plugin support in some other technical way would be amazing.

Rui Santos likes this.
  2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Plugins written for dx9 won't work with dx11. Well, nothing's actually impossible, but that wouldn't be a good solution.

There's a whole new system coming, and it should allow more freedom for custom screen drawing. I think before long we will surpass what we had in dx9, and less buggy too.

Milos Vujkovic and Corti like this.
  3. Milos Vujkovic

Whatever S397 does, they better provide good 3rd party development support. They lack of it killed ACC in few weeks only.

The Iron Wolf likes this.
  4. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I think you should view this problem not as

"the old plug-ins better work with the new UI."
    but rather:
    I hope somebody can make NEW plugins that will co-exist with the new UI."
    I'm fairly certain that any old plug-in that displayed onscreen will have to be completely re-written. This won't be just tweek a few lines to fix things. Entirely new apps will have to created.

Milos Vujkovic likes this.
  5. Milos Vujkovic

In that case, fingers crossed :rolleyes:

6. AMillward

AMillward Registered

The new UI is HTML if I remember rightly so should be WAAAAAYYYYYY more stable for plugins.

7. Bill Worrel

Bill Worrel Registered

Yes, the new UI is built with HTML, but plugins are working with the game engine so the UI shouldn't make any difference AFAIK.

8. Lazza

Lazza Registered

There is currently no plugin support for drawing. There was for a time with dx9, then it was dropped with dx11.

I'm sure either a direct interface or some means of communicating with a graphical component will be provided for the new UI system - at some point.

9. Milos Vujkovic

A relevant question and answer by Marcel Offermans:

RD: (question from @shovas) - Are there mid-to-long term plans for more structured multiplayer infrastructure like iRacing/SRS? Even if that means integrating with SRS or teaming up with other sims to get it done.

MO: The competition system we are working on provides structured multiplayer infrastructure similar to what iRacing and SRS offer. We have been developing our own system, building on the infrastructure and components from Luminis.

shovas likes this.