Released The Tatuus Pack is HERE!!!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Jun 27, 2019.

1. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I would have thought so, but things do get overlooked sometimes. So at this stage we don't know if we're missing something in terms of ovals or not, right?

2. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Had a lot of fun with F3 at Hockenheim. Just though that mechanical grip feels very high, I thought the car has TC. But after a while as tires got down to 99 and then later to 98, it started feeling more and more natural to my understanding.

3. Patrick Schumacher

Patrick Schumacher Registered

I tried the cars all the weekend, also compared it with the USF2000. FFB is kinda different. It's easier to sit into the Tatuus-17 and to drive at the edge than with the old model. More newcomer-friendly.
    Hope the new competition system will be as good as everyone hopes. I'm ready for some excellent online MP experiences.

4. Corgan

Corgan Registered

I agree. For me, the USF2000 is still the best "drive" in rF2. In comparison, the USF-17 is a "sterile" car. Very comfortable to drive, very relaxing, and the USF2000 is more challenging. It would be really great if they can update this "old" car with the newest tires, sounds etc. Still, after driving the Tatuus cars the whole weekend, I "sat" in the USF2000 and it felt like home.:) I just can't really explain, but the overall experience is so much better. It's not against the new cars, they are much better in quality, I just simply like the USF2000 car itself better.

Patrick Schumacher likes this.
  5. Brack Jabham

Brack Jabham Registered

Maybe this is "dumbing down" of all modern cars? Not sure. The F3 T-318 just feels so easy to drive, I got bored, but the MSV F3 was better.
    Is this true to life or physics interpretation by (I assume) different people on each car - not so sure?
    I won't drive the 318 any more as I don't feel I can do anything to be faster - maybe just me

6. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

Tatuus Pack

v1.03 (ALL)

- Added new revised rain-light: less glare
    - Fixed clipping issues with TV and onboard cameras
    - F.3 T318 Fixed engine start timer
    - F4 T014 Fixed z-fighting issue with antenna and windscreen middle rivet

7. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Registered

If you drive online with other people you'll see there's a lot to improve. Car seems easy but driving it on the limit for some laps turns into a real challenge...

Patrick Schumacher likes this.
  8. Brack Jabham

Brack Jabham Registered

Good point, but how to convince others this could be a good championship? In the meantime, I am setting something up based on the PM-18

9. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Registered

Go on the S397 open server online, i was there yesterday, it's easy to drive those cars, but one small error and you lose precious tenths...

10. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

I think a championship with one of these cars will appear in the simracing-gp site after current series are over

Rui Santos likes this.
  11. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Registered

Yeah, championships will start to appear worldwide, as far as i remember with FBMW in rF1, i'm sure those cars will be raced for long time...

12. Steve Olden

Steve Olden Registered

why do S397 give away the open wheeler cars & make us pay for the TinTops ?
    seems there is a lot of love for open wheelers here (not from me tho)
    wouldn't it make more sense to have ALL cars as paid content but make them cheaper.

David Kolody likes this.
  13. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Registered

I think that if they made popular content FREE they're being thankful with rFactor2 users/fanbase... If you don't like it's your problem, it's free anyway...

14. StrawmanAndy

StrawmanAndy Registered

Has anyone else noticed missing details on the left side of the F3.18?

Here is v1.03, with some screws(?) alongside the suspension connecting points.
    [​IMG]

But on the left side it's missing them. I'm assuming it's a simple thing to fix, as it doesn't look connected to the body gmt (as there is a small gap between them).
    [​IMG]
    They also exist on the rear wing, but I think they should be an alpha blending setting as there seems to be a circle but on a black square.

@Christopher Elliott

haunetal1990 likes this.
  15. Brack Jabham

Brack Jabham Registered

I found issues the the PM-18 template. As a suggestion, shouldn't these be posted in the bug reports thread? I get calling attention to S397 folk may work better, but is this how these forums work? What is the best approach? Or is either valid? Not having a go - just what to know what is the right way to raise issues for fixing?

16. jayarrbee36

jayarrbee36 Registered

Open wheelers aren't "premium content".

*ducks*

:D

Seriously as they're free I thought I'd give these a go. Had a really close, fun race with the AI in the MSV car.

17. StrawmanAndy

StrawmanAndy Registered

Don't think it's a template issue, as the objects are not on the template when I tried creating skins. So I think it's a model issue.

In terms of the forum working, I dunno tbh. I've messaged people at s397 before - some respond, others do not. Marcel very good tbh, considering he is s397 owner/leader I'm positively surprised how much he responds. Others really seem like they cannot acknowledge it. Why I've said communications with s397/rF2 isn't great. They need one generic profile/email for people to report issues or known bugs. That why they can all see the reports/enquiries and work from that database. I've posted bug issues but no response from s397, so find direct messaging is a lot more effective. But that's other world of issues.

18. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Registered

Probably those bolts are there to fix something in the interior of the car, it doesn't mean they need to exist on the other side! Not allways things in race cars are "logic"...

19. StrawmanAndy

StrawmanAndy Registered

[​IMG]
    It exists on both sides.

mr.Sw1tchblade and Rui Santos like this.
  20. kimbo

kimbo Registered

The tatuus are amazing, but please S397, give me the option to remove the HALO, I assume the risks of removing it ;)

Last edited: Jul 1, 2019
    haunetal1990, pascom and Bernardo like this.