CS-closed Road to Le Mans - Qualifying races

Discussion in 'Official Competitions & Contests' started by Deleted member 24698, Jun 24, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sign up deadline: 26/6 - 2019: 15:00 CEST <<<----- important notice!
    Meaning: There will be no more sign ups and no changes can be done to the current line up

Qualifying races: (30 mins)
    LMP2
    : Saturday 29/6 One lap Q: 19:45 R: 20:00 CEST
    GTE: Sunday 30/6 One lap Q: 19:45 R: 20:00 CEST
    Backup: Sunday 30/6 One lap Q: 21:15 (one lap) R: 21:30 CEST
    Any driver from the signed up car are able to participate in the race, however ONLY ONE driver per entry.
    If there is more entries than the Q race can hold, we may opt to move ONE specific car make to the backup race. Stay tuned if this happens.

Practice servers opens at 18:00 and 19:30 everyone should be present for driver briefing.
    No custom skins, the main race will feature liveries - not the q races.

Class/car sizes going into the 24 hour race is as follows:
    LMP2: 20 entries
    LMGTE: 25 entries (these 25 entries will be divided up into 3, meaning 2 cars get 8 entries and one gets 9. The 9th spot will be given to the car that has the most sign ups (currently BMW).

Rules for the 24 hour race will be posted shortly, same rules apply (except a few rules - obviously driver swaps, length of stints and so on).

Server details (teamspeak and race server) will be sent to the manager who signed the team up - this will be sent out friday evening.

2. D Nichols

D Nichols Registered

@Jimmi Allison will there be live timing during the qual races we can use?

3. I think i can manage to set that up, however right now the colours does not match the official class colours ;) i´ll have to change that slighty and get things up and running. Chances are a bit slim for the Q race, since im away for the next 3 days. Let me add it to my to-do list :)

4. Thierry bovo

Thierry bovo Registered

@Jimmi Allison , i have just one question about "however ONLY ONE driver per entry." , it is the same rules as usual , only one driver per entry on the server at the same time ? Or will it be a short race and we have to choose one of us to do it by himself ?

Last edited: Jun 25, 2019
  5. Nico Barclay

Nico Barclay Registered

should do 50 mins for mandatory pitstop and a swaperrrr

6. Shawn Jacobs

Shawn Jacobs Registered

it's a 30 minute race, so only one car on the server per team and only one driver per team, no driver swaps or anything needed.

7. Thierry bovo

Thierry bovo Registered

Shawn Jacobs likes this.
  8. GerritdeV

GerritdeV Registered

Which car "upgrades" will be allowed,concerning the low drag stuff?

9. D Nichols

D Nichols Registered

I suspect the low drag upgrade will be forced, i.e. you have to use it.

10. TeroD

TeroD Registered

Yeah I would think this is the case

11. Not when doing it on basic cars then it wont have cars assigned to a specific pitgroup, which is why we are not doing it like that.

12. Obviously low drag which is Le Mans kit.

13. CookieMonster

CookieMonster Registered

Hello, will it be a private quali session ?

14. Rudy Cuppen

Rudy Cuppen Registered

Hello Jimmi, i didn`t get any message!?

15. Mr.Thor

Mr.Thor Registered

Me too. Has anyone got the message?

16. Pedro Delgado2

Pedro Delgado2 Registered

17. Me neither
    Listen, the list of teams changing line ups, cars and signing up again was way to long for me to stay awake last night. Im probably halfway through, because teams didnt finalize their line up when signing up.
    It will be sent out later today - but only to the ones that signed up, everyone else needs to get this from that guy!

Pedro Delgado2 and pedro ramada like this.
  18. Mr.Thor

Mr.Thor Registered

All right. Thanks for the info.

19. Radek Sirc

Radek Sirc Registered

We received rules for qualify race from our manager. All is clear except of kind of start. Maybe I am blind, but I don´t see any information about it. There are for example nine points related with formation lap, six related with orange zone after strart, but only one related just with start itself.

"4.3Race
    Starts:4.3.1
    The start of the race is the most likely place and time for incidents to occur and our races are long. Races are not won on the first lap. There is a higher probability of ruining otherdrivers race by taking unnecessary risks on the first lap, so don’t do it! Race starts are subject to extra scrutiny and penalties are increased."

Thats all.. Maybe other points missing? It starts from formation with "Green flag" command and where? Which formation - one car behind the other car like in VEC? Or it will be start from starting grid using green light? Will be the way of start subject of briefing?

20. You tell me if other points are missing - are there any other points missing that you need to know to show up and race? i dont think so.
    I do see that it is not added to this race thread, but the 24 hour race thread its explained "green flag announced on voice and single file formation lap". It will be explained during the brief warmup session before the race.

The "car behind car" is called single file, just in case you are wondering.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.