Logitech G27 Rotation issue

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by StrawmanAndy, Jun 28, 2019.

1. StrawmanAndy

StrawmanAndy Registered

I've been struggling with the wheel rotation for a while. I'm not sure what's causing this, but the steering wheel range seems odd?

[​IMG]

Been like this for some time, but the wheel range number seems alarmingly high and I can't see anyone else reporting it? I should also say, it steers fine but the ingame wheel rotation is slightly more than what the G27 is rotating. Is there a fix or known issue?

Also, maybe unrelated, but I get random heavy ffb - although it feels like dead weight and no ffb - and then randomly back to normal when I join the track. Issue related or something else?

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

The weird rotation number is a fairly recent thing, I don't think that's an issue in itself. People seem to get that even when setting their wheel rotation manually via the software rotation options, which is a bit strange but I haven't plugged my G27 in recently so I can't argue. Personally with my T500 plugged in and set manually it shows correctly "400 (900)" for example, but if my wheel isn't plugged in there's a huge weird number shown as above.

Anyway, if rotation is off you may want to set up software rotation if you haven't already, so the game doesn't need to try and communicate with your wheel drivers for it to work correctly. Try this: https://forum.studio-397.com/index....wheel-rotation-not-working.61750/#post-968519

3. StrawmanAndy

StrawmanAndy Registered

Wheel is plugged in and still giving me that random number, and I haven't manually tried to change it.

Also, the rotation changes didn't work and it's still off centre.

Anyone else not had this issue?

4. Daniele Vidimari

Daniele Vidimari Registered

Did you play Project CARS 1/2 in the past days?

5. StrawmanAndy

StrawmanAndy Registered

Err about a week ago? But this issue has existed before I owned PC2

6. GaetanL

GaetanL Registered

Try this in your controller.json ("..//userdata/player)
    1. "Steering Wheel Maximum Rotation Default” = 900
    2. “Steering Wheel Maximum Rotation from Driver” = false
    3. “Steering Wheel Software Rotation" = true

7. StrawmanAndy

StrawmanAndy Registered

Tried if before (and again now, as it was recommended above) and made no difference to either the rotation being off and the randomly large number.

8. Daniele Vidimari

9. StrawmanAndy

StrawmanAndy Registered

10. Rastas

Rastas Registered

Im a G27 user,and no problems whit the rotation.
    I know in some mods the rotation dont match because of the driver animation and the settings in the cockpitinfo file :)
    Maybe is not this issue you have but try to turn off the driver arms to see if the rotation matchs.

11. Daniele Vidimari

So you have 2 entries for the G27 there? One is G27 Racing Wheel and the other is Logitech G27 Racing Wheel USB?
    Do you have Win10?
    The G27 Racing Wheel entry should not be there, so try to unistall the drivers first, then the G27 it self, reboot, do a registry cleaning (with cCleaner or similar), delete that stuff manually if they are still there, reboot again and re-install the wheel with the drivers.

You have something messed up indeed because you should have:
    VID_046D&PID_C29B
    43 00 88 10 17 00 00 00
    Logitech G27 Racing Wheel USB

while with VID_046D&PID_C29B you have 43 00 08 10 0c 00 00 00

PS and do not open Project CARS anymore :rolleyes:

Last edited: Jun 29, 2019
    StrawmanAndy likes this.
  12. bobbie424242

bobbie424242 Registered

No problem with my G27 and the value in the registry is OK, but I still have that huge random number for "Steering wheel range" as shown in screenshot of first post.

13. Grey

Grey Registered

Cracked optic encoder slipping on shaft?

14. lagg

lagg Registered

The heavy and dead FFB could be caused by the clipping. Try to reduce the ffb multiplier.
    The rotation issue could be related with the car. There are old cars that is not possible to adjust the rotation correctly.

15. StrawmanAndy

StrawmanAndy Registered

No, it is not clipping. It's the same car, setup and stuff but when you click to join the wheels weight goes heavy and ffb is barely there. Return to garage menu, click to join and it's fine. It's random and seems to just do it. I believe Jimmy Broadbent has had that issue a couple times on his stream/videos.

lagg likes this.
  16. StrawmanAndy

StrawmanAndy Registered

So I tried it, and the number is correct in the profle. But it's still not rotating the same rate as the g27. I also now have the number in a negative (rather than positive), but it's still massively over.
    [​IMG]
    Thinking it's just the wheel or something. Ever since going to w10, back to w8 has caused it. Might try a fresh install of everything and wipe it all, but a lot of effort.

17. Brent

Brent Registered

I noticed a big number in the () for steering wheel range as well with my G27, I can post a screenshot. I haven't looked into this any closer.

18. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Ignore the big number. It seems to be a 'thing' with the g27 currently, and shouldn't cause any issues.

By using the software rotation option you should be able to adjust for a mismatch in rotation. So if you set the wheel itself to 900 degrees, then tell the game it's 850 or 950, you should see the in game rotation slow down or speed up accordingly. If all content is having the same issue you should be able to correct it that way. If a particular car (or cars) is behaving differently there's probably nothing you can do.

19. StrawmanAndy

StrawmanAndy Registered

I had a go before, but no change happened. It's every car, maybe every game. Why I think it's perhaps a fresh wipe of everything try. I've had the issue 2 years now, so it's nothing new. But it's just something I wondered if I could fix.

20. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Sorry, I thought being in the rf2 bug report section meant it was only rf2.

Check the encoder if you haven't already, though in my experience that tends to manifest as off-centre steering rather than wrong rotation.

Wait - changing that JSON rotation to different values definitely should make a difference - are you sure you're editing the right file?