Released The Tatuus Pack is HERE!!!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Jun 27, 2019.

1. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

most folks had the cars automatically download, mine did, as others up above. Do you have Steam setup for auto downloads?

2. Atsuki

Atsuki Registered

I tried the F4 and the F318 at Zandvoort, the cars feel amazing, but IMHO the engine sound need to improve, mainly of the F318.

3. Leynad

Leynad Registered

I like it, but the default-setup has quite some understeer and since there are no differential-settings available and aero not fully adjustable, it will remain to some extend. But dealing with understeer is at least as important than taming the tail, so i'm very happy with all the cars so far and thanks for the fast fix, so i can try the remaining FT-50 today:).

4. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

Tatuus F.3 T318
    - Updated template (PSD) added wire frame for the 'halo'

5. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Registered

@Christopher Elliott is it possible to get rid of the halo in the T318? I mean... it gets transparent but if we could disable it completely like in other Tatuus cars that would be amazing...

In real life you can move your head sideways to see the track, but in simracing, with monitor(s) you can't...

pascom and kimbo like this.
  6. tpw

tpw Registered

So is it just me or are these Tatuus cars even stickier than other rF2 open wheelers? Every time there's contact between the player and AI, the cars are stuck like superglue unless the player jumps hard on the brakes. I know it's been a perennial pain in the arse for all rF2 open wheelers but it seems particularly noticeable with these latest cars. IS it something the devs are thinking about addressing some time down the line?

7. tpw

tpw Registered

Yeah mate. I'm not the only person with this issue, but it's minor in the scheme of things.

8. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Tip for VR users:
    Lean forward and see what the cars name is on the label on the left :) (It's different car type to car type).

bwana and GrimDad like this.
  9. Alexandr Meshkov

Alexandr Meshkov Registered

Disappointing to see that USF17 and PM18 does not have oval configuration in Tuning. :(

10. Jack Sorensen

Jack Sorensen Registered

Awesome cars thank you so much !!!

Alex72 and lagg like this.
  11. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

I asked about that a while ago, I think Michael said that they use all the same stuff (they only do one oval), so it's just a setup change that we can do ourselves.

12. danielquattro

danielquattro Registered

I have a problem with the Tatuus F.3 T318.
    I do not match the degrees of the real and the virtual steering wheel (for a few degrees, but it's annoying).
    The rest of the cars work perfect.
    I do not know if it's my problem, or it happens to more people.
    I have an Accuforce

13. Bill Worrel

Bill Worrel Registered

14. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Bill Worrel and bwana like this.
  15. Magus

Magus Registered

These cars feel awesome, why would anyone want to just drive in a big circle with them!? :D

pkelly, DrivingFast and bwana like this.
  16. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

We wanted to keep it as real as possible considering the limitations, and 10% is a subtle aid if you want to look at it like that, for those running on 'screens'. In VR your eyes can look past the halo, on screens it's more obstructive because you can't focus it out. The 10% in our testing we decided was the right amount to not give an unfair advantage, but still compensate for the 'screen' effect.
    Hope that helps explain our intentions :)

17. Karei

Karei Registered

I haven't been feeling happiness while simracing and racing rF2 in a long long time. And then, last night everything was beautiful once again.
    Phenomenal work on this pack.

bluet, Magus, svictor and 1 other person like this.
  18. Corgan

Corgan Registered

Of course we can, but unfortunately you can't add positive camber on left side, so...

19. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Do the real teams? (I don't know)

Some feedback, FFB clipping a lot on the two servers with 1.0 mult, 0.7 is a much better level with only some clipping over harsh kerbs. I hope the new UI indicates clipping and/or allows some basic FFB tuning based on the wheel type - strong with clipping for weak wheels, a better level with less clipping for stronger wheels.

The halo transparency is I think fine on 10%, and with the explanation earlier, but if that transparent section could be increased in height a little as the higher seat positions put the transition right at eye level. Still ok but a bit dangerous on hills.

20. Corgan

Corgan Registered

Good question. But I'd be surprised if they don't. Though who knows? Maybe s397?;)