CS-closed Road to Le Mans / 24 hours of Le Mans

Discussion in 'Official Competitions & Contests' started by Deleted member 24698, Jun 17, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yes, its pretty easy to be within the cut tracks if you practice

2. Not sure i understand?

3. rocafella1978

rocafella1978 Registered

4. https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/road-to-le-mans-sign-up.63347/page-3#post-990547
    This post??
    The amount of changes and not so good planning from teams is giving a bit of a head ache, since some teams think they can keep changing things over and over. Sorry.
    As posted elsewhere the sign up is now completely frozen.

5. Maks_97Ua

Maks_97Ua Registered

How will be solved a problem with stop/go? If we cut 3 times, the game gives punishment and also through each next cut.
    Will it be monitored during the race or not?

6. "How will be solved a problem with stop/go" - not sure what you mean. I´d suggest to
    1. Not cut
    2. Serve the penalty
    Then there wont be a problem at all, and no i will not remove penalties if you get them, you need to stay inside the track limits or you will get penalized.
    And yes if there are exploits to the track and we see people exploiting this, we will monitor this (but as i said, not monitor penalties, as these simply needs to be served. Not up for any discussion on race day).

juanchioooo, TeroD and Risto Kappet like this.
  7. Kevin Karas

Kevin Karas Registered

So you mean that we have to take a penalty every 3 times we get a "track cut" message? Thats pretty hard I think. There will be lot of penalties in 24hrs. Will penalties be taken over to the next driver when swapping?

8. Maks_97Ua

Maks_97Ua Registered

I mean that there are a lot of places on the track that the game considers to be cut and leaving the border of the track three times, the game gives a penalty and then every next cut is also punished.
    Situations are different and I really would not want to go every hour to the pits on a penalty spot.

9. CookieMonster

CookieMonster Registered

Well be careful then guys. It's indeed very easy to get a cut but it's the same for everyone, don't forget that.

By the way, is there anything we need to know for the skins ?

Risto Kappet likes this.
  10. Christos Segkounas

Christos Segkounas Registered

AFAIK, cut track "counter" gets reset at driver change.
    And cut tracks are not random, they happen when people go off limits so don't go off limits.
    If one cannot stay within the boundaries of the track there's a solution to that, slow down, you are trying to go faster than your skill can accommodate.
    In case this is not clear yet to some people, this is a 24 hour endurance race not a 30 min sprint.
    Except for that quali race...

TeroD, juanchioooo and Shawn Jacobs like this.
  11. Then you have not practiced enough tbh.
    It all depends on the severity of the cuts, you can go off and get a stop/go penalty first time you cut, if it is bad enough.
    Once you have used your 2 warnings and 1 penalty, next time there is not a warning but a straight up penalty.

Learn to drive within the boundries of the track and you wont have an issue.
    Not sure i understand, but its really not that hard - it really is not.

And yes Christos is right, once you swap out drivers the new driver is clear of your mistakes and get a clean sheet.

juanchioooo likes this.
  12. Kevin Karas

Kevin Karas Registered

Well I see that very critical. Of course you can drive slower and pay attention. But what about situations where you are forced to go outside the track limits? We are 45 Teams in multiclass. Who decides wether the penalty is rightful? Will there be a race director looking into every incident? Will there be a description of the rF2 penalty system to know how it works? For example when I'm forced to go off track and I slow down so there won't be an advantage, will the penalty be cleared? Especially Turn 6 and 17 are the hottest locations for that. I personally think it should be decided by a race direction rather than by the game.

13. CookieMonster

CookieMonster Registered

I think we should put walls right at the limits of the tracks. People would stop complain then

TeroD and Kevin Karas like this.
  14. You might think its critical or you might think it should be done this way or the other, that does not make it right ;)

I´ve explained it a few times already - the penalties will be assigned by the game, if you get a penalty you must serve it. Simple as that.
    Race director has more things to do than to clear penalties from drivers that cant stay within the boundries of the track, trust me its not as bad as you might think it is. Unless you cant control the car, then its bad.

15. GerritdeV

GerritdeV Registered

Is it allowed to join the server tonight as spectator to do spotting for your teams driver?

16. Tonnie Jansen

Tonnie Jansen Registered

the vec server is down, will it come back!

17. Nothing to do with this event, but no this is taken down for good - preparing new season

18. No, we need to keep it somehow stable so we dont ruin it for other teams. There will be no spectating (also in the rules i just sent out).

19. GerritdeV

GerritdeV Registered

Ok thanks,havent read through them all yet :p

20. Maks_97Ua

Maks_97Ua Registered

It is clear that you have to go within the boundaries of the track, do not cut, go more carefully, but what to do in the case when you had to intentionally cut off a turn to avoid an accident? Or I missed the braking point, drove past the corner and got a cut-off, then I went to serve my penalty on the pit. My position is situations are completely different and the game does not always adequately determine whether it is cut or not. Everything is a bit simpler in iracing, there are off-tracks and there are slowdowns, if i cut the corner i have an off-track which is limited or slowdown, but not stop/go.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.