Mercedes AMG GT3 Tail-lights

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Sean McCormack, Jun 25, 2019.

1. Sean McCormack

Sean McCormack Registered

I was driving the Mercedes AMG GT3 at night at the Nurburgring when the 24h of the Nurburgring was going on and noticed the tail-lights don't really light up right, only the middle reverse light portion lights up. Also, when I braked the lights didn't change so following a car could be more difficult if I were racing one of them. Not sure if that's something on my end or that is a very small issue. Thanks.

Side question, am I able to adjust the AI grip levels on RF2 like I can on rfactor 1 or will that corrupt the files?

Neptune Zone likes this.
  2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

just like rF1, you can alter non-encrypted tracks. But you cannot join online with an altered track.(unless, that is, the server also has the same altered track) Most of the new S397products are encrypted, including their upcoming Nords, so you will NOT be able to alter that track.

3. Sean McCormack

not the track grip levels, but the each vehicles grip level (the TBC file for the vehicles in RF1). Probably the same thing for server rules though, right? Yeah I know about the modifying files can prevent me from joining a server if that it is indicated. I've tried it before and I probably just did it wrong, but it got rid of the car from RF2 so I'm guessing I didn't save it right or something.

4. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

Are you using VR?

5. Sean McCormack

No. not sure if this matters, but I am on high graphical settings on almost all.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2019
  6. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

Ok, I ask because someone else has this issue and he's using VR.

7. Neptune Zone

Neptune Zone Registered

I can confirm this.

I attached some screenshots. The first is a Merc GT3 with lights on, the second is when it's braking.

I never push graphics settings to the max - Medium track, High detail, everything else low/off, so apologize if those screenshots look very, very bad. It's just to show the problem.

GRAB_476.JPG GRAB_477.JPG GRAB_146.JPG

Also, the 3rd screenshot is an old screenshot of a Merc GT3 in the rain and braking. The screenshot was dated March 3, 2019. This one's more clear - you can easily tell it is braking.

Sean McCormack likes this.
  8. Sean McCormack

Interesting. Thanks.

9. Sean McCormack

Thank you, glad I'm not the only one having the issue. That older screenshot, I feel like I remember seeing the taillights working but, I wasn't sure. Something must've gotten changed in a update or two.

10. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

What are your PP settings?

11. Sean McCormack

I'm not sure what that is. What are those?

12. Lazza

Lazza Registered

You should be packaging it as a new car, editing and resaving an existing one won't work.

13. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

The PP settings, are the Post Processing graphics that allow some of the really cool screen shots. You can see them in the video display box on the launcher screen.(the brown screen that appears once the long long syncing with Steam is done) Click on the Gear shaped icon and 1st make sure your correct video card is displayed. rF2 has a long standing bug where the game 'forgets' your video card choice.
    It will often default back to auto, which is not optimal. So choose your video card, double check it is showing the correct screen resolution, and then choose one of the 5 PP options. 1 is the lowest, 5 has the most Post Processing effects but does impact frame-rates. Most user normally run a low setting for PP unless they plan on taking those fuzzy screen shots where only one car is in focus.
    Now get into the habit of clicking that gear icon EVERY TIME you boot rF2. Always double check your video card is correctly listed.

14. Bernd

Bernd Registered

@Sean McCormack and @Neptune Zone Does that happen at every position on the track?
    I ask, because some shaders react with the relative position to the sun and should not be used for things like brake lights.
    Maybe that is the problem with the amg gt3 tail lights, that they just use a wrong shader.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2019
  15. Neptune Zone

Neptune Zone Registered

@Bernd It happened on every area of the track, but unfortunately I couldn't reproduce this... because now the taillights seem to work again on my PC(???)
    I was just trying to test on every tracks to see if maybe racing in 3rd party tracks was the issue. ... but they all work now, including 3rd party tracks.

GRAB_510.JPG GRAB_526.JPG

So I loaded the replay file my screenshots were based on (they were taken on June 20, 2019, and was on a 3rd party track), and the taillights work now.

GRAB_547.JPG GRAB_548.JPG

I don't understand.
    Could it be because of the recent build? I doubt it though.

@Sean McCormack do the taillights work for you now? Try following davehenrie's suggestion of making sure the selected video card is not auto before playing.