Latest Roadmap Update - June 2019

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Jun 25, 2019.

1. haunetal1990

haunetal1990 Registered

Tatuus F4:
    used in Italian F4, german F4,..

Tatuus MSV-F3:
    used in british F3 (like F4 in italian/german series)

Tatuus PM-18
    Tatuus USF-17
    both used in USA

Tatuus FT50
    used in new zealand on the Toyota Racing Series

the newest car from Tatuus is the F3 T318 and yes.. it’s on that package

TJones, Levelup1, Atsuki and 2 others like this.
  2. filippu

filippu Registered

Stop with the free cars already. It's not free. We all paid for a racing game, and that game requires tracks and cars. It's part of the package.
    We bought an unfinished game (still is), and it paid for past and future developments. It's not complicated to understand, for a normally formed person at least.

Hope springs eternal.

3. Daniel Surace

Daniel Surace Registered

Hmm.. you paid ISI for a game 7years ago.. Which development ended for and now a new company took over and is making free and paid content. I don't see how this is to complicated to understand..

PirroC, Emery, Ricardo Diz and 16 others like this.
  4. Daniel Surace

Daniel Surace Registered

Apparently it is your problem.. you don't want content. Don't pay for it. Game doesn't fit your needs. Don't play it. Pretty simple. Welcome to the real world. Developers run a business to sustain an income stream. Not for goodness of their heart so you can play your favourite hobby. No fanboy here , I agree RF2 had many bugs and faults. And I tend not to play for awhile and jump between many Sims. Lucky there is variety around .

EDIT* i should correct myself i'm sure there is some heart from developers to motivate to be in this field *

Last edited: Jun 26, 2019
  5. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

I don't think you have met Marcel and a few others from the studio. Last year we've met and had pretty deep conversations about rF2 and sim racing in general, and I can tell you, they've got their hearts in it. Of course they'd need to make paid content as well, as they are not gaining income from the game sales themselves. And it doesn't matter how big your heart for something is, you need money to make it happen. It's not like they ask iracing like prices for stuff.

Dookie, Magus, Rui Santos and 7 others like this.
  6. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

As I understand, you claim to be a "normally formed person", so I will try to make it simple for you. In case S397 wouldn't have went into the rF2 adventure we would have a sim in the state as ISI left it. So in that regard I advice you to boot up the last ISI build from 2015-ish and see how far we have come - or how much the development have stagnated. As much as I loved the sim allready in the hands of ISI, the hard truth is that the player/user base would have decreased most likely to a point where rF2 would be irrelevant in all areas, may it be modding, online racing, offline racing and a few other areas. Without this investment we sure as hell wouldn't be reading about rF2 on RD anymore.

As other people allready pointed out, you most likely didn't have a contract with S397 when you bought rF2 and if you did, it should be easy to understand that they have basicly nothing from the initial game sales, while still funding further development is crucial. I bet you got alot more free content than what ISI had planned upon release. So it would have been expected that they sell the Tatuus cars as a DLC. That's six freaking high quality cars for free. Ofcourse this isn't a charity event, but I think it is quite a nice move to keep the entry content for the comp system as open as possibile while it is clear that there are technical limitations with the content distribution right now. There is a certain other product that locks this stuff behind a paywall.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2019
    John, Rui Santos, sg333 and 7 others like this.
  7. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

There is still a big problem, without wanting to criticize because I am relatively satisfied with rF2 :

1 / there will be with the Tatuus only 14 cars 100% S397 and free (up to date on all aspects, and not all ).

2 / ISI cars taken over by S397 have not been updated at the physics level (tire model, chassis flex, ....).

This is a major double problem for me !

David Kolody likes this.
  8. Gonzo

Gonzo Member

they have a long way to go and the isi plan for rf2 was outdated, they were wrong and did not add paid content to keep income up and they just developed it like they wanted to without caring too much about what the community really needed.

Now we have way better high quality content, a staff which is working fulltime on it without side-projects which distracts them.

The graphics are not yet perfect but way better compared to what we had before S397. Performance optiizations, laser scanned tracks, a new gui which will kick-ass and allow so much more than the old 80s style gui like trackmap, competition, content management, server lists with filter abilities like "no ai", etc. that takes A LOT OF TIME because you have to care for so much, setup screen, replay screen, multiplayer screen, settings.... We now have great post effects and calibrated colors (albedo).

once the new gui is there, it can grow from there to whatever a racing sim needs and it will not be outdated anymore, because its html,css,js. Easy!

There might be some bugs and issues left with the ai and weather eco system, but this is just a matter of time, i dont think that they will ignore it forever, its just a question of priorities in a grown team which has to get into code which was written about decades from other developers.

Studio397 is by far the best thing that could happen to rFactor2, just relax, be patiend and give them some time. Marcel is a racer in the rFactor community from the very beginning, a great leader and coder, just wait and see.

Dookie, Jeremy Talbot, Bogdy and 6 others like this.
  9. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

As I read the plans by S397, and it's more reading between the lines and what has happened so far, I guess that they will "phase out" old ISI content and replace it with new scratch made/up to spec made content over time, atleast if they plan to support rF2 for a couple more years wich ultimately seems to be the plan. How much sense does it make to update old models from 2009 or earilier, when there are new opportunities at hand will need to be seen. And even with that in mind, the old content is still usable right now. I for one, and that's my personal take on it, hope that they get in touch with content creators like the modders behind the F2 1967 to incorporate that content into rF2 as lisenced content, to replace the old F2/3s wich are showing their age a bit. Sure they still drive great, but wouldn't it be nice to have a fully lisenced historic F2 DLC with up to date visuals, physics and sounds, while still having that awesome feel to it?

Leynad and mixer61 like this.
  10. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Great to see VR getting some attention
    Big thanks

11. GeraArg

GeraArg Registered

Great news, that type of formulas are perfect for leagues and online racing!!! :cool:

And about the UI, the same people what is complaining about this I bet this, 2 weeks after the release the same people will be forget that and will be complaning abount other thing, optimization, the planet X and the chupacabras, and so on. :rolleyes:

Will be cool if Marcel or Christopher share a log with the changes in the last year, there is a lot even compared to others sims (included that sim that you pay for everything).

Levelup1 likes this.
  12. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

What should we expect in the next 12 months, free or paid, in terms of tracks and cars ?

That's a good question ;) !!

mr.Sw1tchblade likes this.
  13. Gonzo

Gonzo Member

i assume it will be a mix of free and paid content, like we have it now.

pascom likes this.
  14. Mauro

Mauro Registered

Tatuus t318 with autotecnica engine is used by:
    -f3 regional european championship
    -w series
    -f3 asia

With renault engine is used by
    -eurocup by renault

haunetal1990 and mr.Sw1tchblade like this.
  15. Atsuki

Atsuki Registered

Thanks mate, I really don't know any of these cars, it will be good to see how they compare to each other.

haunetal1990 likes this.
  16. mr.Sw1tchblade

mr.Sw1tchblade Registered

Idk, but in case of cars all developers have much to do even in gt3 class. New mercedes already here, corvette is comming and so on.

17. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Registered

Well, it looks like the "normally formed person" are just the morons of today. If you were at least a normally (in)formed person about SIMRACING, you should know that things have changed since ISI left rF2 almost "dead" and that people don't work for free...

In short: A normally formed person knows that there are no free lunches ;)

John likes this.
  18. dazzer

dazzer Registered

Do we really need so many gt3 cars? I think there are more interesting categories in the world.
    :(

19. Christian Wolter

Christian Wolter Registered

I hope thats a joke...

20. haunetal1990

haunetal1990 Registered

You forgot the FT60 (Toyota Racing Series 2020)