My Friend and I Can’t See Each Others Servers

Discussion in 'Hosting Help' started by Kiss_my_haas, May 24, 2019.

1. Kiss_my_haas

Kiss_my_haas Registered

Hi all

Trying to race with my friend and we’re both having a problem; we can both create servers and the servers that we create are visible to the creator and the creator can join and race in it but the other person cannot even see it in the server list .

Things that we have tried :

1. Ensuring the firewall is opened for the necessary ports

2. Installed a loop back adapter ( this allowed us to see and join our individual servers )

3. Installed all of the C++ runtime installers in the support folder

What else should we try ?

P.S. in Steam If you go to view > servers > friends I can see his server listed ( though it shows as not responding and I can’t join ) but my friend cannot see my server

Thanks in advance !

2. Kiss_my_haas

Kiss_my_haas Registered

Update 1: I have been working on this with my friend , we both opened up various ports on our firewalls and on our routers . We are still having a few issues though

1. I can see servers that both he and I create. I can join servers that both he and I create .

2. He can only see servers that he creates ( he cannot see servers that I create ), he can only join servers that he creates .

Also we are trying to use a track on the steam workshop . I can create a session with that track and play with it. When he tries the game just crashes and won’t load

Any ideas ? If there’s any more specific info that I should provide please let me know

3. Bernd

Bernd Registered

Is he able to join your server by using a direct connection link?
    Can you upload a trace file from his rfactor when it crashes, maybe it gives a hint about what causes the crash.

4. ChalkyWIS

ChalkyWIS Registered

Has your friend checked his router firewall settings too? We had a similar issue where one driver had "Filter Multicast" enabled on their router. This prevented the server showing up in the list. Some other servers did show up, just not our league one. Once the "Filter Multicast" was turned off he could see the server.