Le Mans - Cant load startlight.GMT to Memory

Discussion in 'Hosting Help' started by Ludacon, Jun 26, 2019.

1. Ludacon

Ludacon Registered

When loading a dedicated server with a package containing the Le Mans Track, the server will through a G motor 2 Error, with the body:
    "Error Loaing mesh file STARTLIGHT.GMT to Memory"

All content has been purchased through steam, but i cant seem to get a good Le Mans track from steam. I have done fresh installs on desktop and server, as well as steam, verified files via steam CMD and Steam GUI on the respective sides. Modmgr shows good on both ends. But i can not load the le mans track on either end.

Windows Server 2012 R2
    SteamCMD install
    Locations pulled from Regular RF2 installation, keys loaded on server.

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

You did update the unlock keys after getting the track?

3. Alex Sawczuk

Alex Sawczuk Administrator Staff Member

Make sure the dedicated server is upto date and not some older version

4. Ludacon

Ludacon Registered

I did update the key when i got the le mans track. After that was giving the the same error, i went ahead and spun up a new Windows server 2012 R2 server, did the steamCMD thing there, then wiped my dekstop and reinstalled windows, steam, rfactor2, synchronized workshop content, have both le mans 1.0 and 1.1, did the key unlock (since it was a new server instance) and the keys are showing loaded. BUT i still cant load the track in multiplayer (startlight.gmt mesh error) and it does not show in the singleplayer offline track list when i select all cars and tracks. Maybe its under something other than Le Mans and i missed it, but im not seeing it.

The server IS currently actively running 2 other instances of the rfactor2 dedicated server with the GT3 packs for another series im hosting for, and those have been working fine, it seems to be an package i build with the le mans track will through that error.

I am going to compare the le mans folders with someone who has a working copy and see if the version/size/hashes are right.

5. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Circuit de la Sarthe.

(doesn't help with your main issue, just letting you know)