Released Circuit des 24 Heures du Mans (2018) is now available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Jun 16, 2019.

1. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

The extremely tight Ford Chicane is the culprit, at least for Le Mans. The AI have difficulty navigating those corners in single file. trying to have the cars grouped tightly together, side by side, and it is pure mayhem.

chisco85 likes this.
  2. Leynad

Leynad Registered

I had two AI-races with the Oreca. In the first one the AI went to the pits two laps before finish, even there should be enough fuel for the hole race with race-mix. The second race was even shorter and the tank should last even with qualifying-fuel-mix, but the AI went even earlier to the pits so i was leading soon, until i switched from first to last on the board without getting passed by any car. What went wrong?
    PS: I usually don't qualify and switch from practice to race...

Last edited: Jun 24, 2019
    mister dog and chisco85 like this.
  3. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Registered

Without AI it doesn't crash, i'm using only the Oreca cars, official content, didn't even tried with a third party mod...

4. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

Yup. Would be so great with "S397" tag with the name of the cars and tracks. Also when seeing the image for cars or tracks i Think the rF2 logo or/and the name "Studio 397" could be on the images to easily recognize stock content. I for example Went back and forth with Reiza's VIR track and the mod VIR track i already had. I didnt know which was which because there was no "Reiza" tag in the name or Reiza logo on the car/track images.

Again though i wish they also put GT3 cars under "S397 GT3" or "GT3 S397" and inside you find all the car brands, and inside the each car brand you find the different skins. Same for "S397 Endurance" because this would put all S397 content together and every mod would be easily distinguished from them. Like this in the car selection:

Mod car
    Mod car
    Mod car
    S397 Endurance (all S397 endurance car brands inside)
    S397 GT3
    S397 Radical
    S397 EVE

Mod car
    Mod car

Or have S397 after the name like:
    Mod car
    GT3 S397 (all S397 GT3 car brands inside)
    Endurance S397

Mod car
    Radical S397
    Mod car
    Mod car

With tracks:
    Mod track
    S397 NOLA
    S397 Sebring

Mod track
    Mod track

Something like that. Right now when you have GT3 mods and some of them go into the same car brand because its also under "Mercedes" for example it gets pretty messy. What do you think guys?

5. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Registered

I think they probably already thought about that and found a good solution, by this time (i hope) that should be already decided and implemented in the UI...

6. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

Good point... I forgot about the new UI, lol. :D

7. pascom

pascom Registered

Please new UI!!! :D

8. LokiD

LokiD Registered

A thousand percent it's very amateurish at the moment.

Alex72 likes this.
  9. Pales

Pales Registered

I have a feeling everything will remain unchanged, it will just be the presentation that is different. Hopefully in the future though they will make selecting ai, etc a lot easier.

10. Daniele Vidimari

Daniele Vidimari Registered

I personally don't like to have the content maker name in the car/track name, and really hate to have it as a first word lol
    Like [instert modding group name] Formula XXX
    This gives always hard time to find the content in the list, for example, i've spent 5 minutes to find the Apex Indycar mod in the list, untill i realized it was under "2019 IndyCar", why?! :eek:
    As i always have hard time to remember that Mid Ohio in the settings menu is under "VLM_MidOhio..".
    If i'm trying to find the new installed Formula 4, i don't want to scroll a 60 lines list, but i'd directly go under F.
    I'd personally like to have a "sort by (manufacturer - series)" option and 2 different lists, one for official content and one for add-ons.
    And i wish modders will insert their name at least as a last word in the content name lol.

Filip and McFlex like this.
  11. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Registered

I think your feeling is wrong, you'll see ;)

Alex72 likes this.
  12. LokiD

LokiD Registered

I do agree though. For the initial release it will be just the UI with original functionality Maybe later on we're start having these improvements. Think marcel said something similar

13. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

https://forum.studio-397.com/index....ap-update-march-2019.62791/page-6#post-982968

From Marcel Offermans :

"
    The reason we are doing this new UI is because it allows us to both improve the usability of the existing features and to add new ones. For the first release of the UI our focus is on functionally replacing everything in the old interface and adding a few features and lots of usability tweaks. The first big enhancement will be the introduction of the on-line competition system, which is a major feature that a lot of users requested (and that I'm personally looking forward to a lot).

The first version will not ship with a full off-line championship, but given the groundwork we've laid with an on-line system, that is certainly a possible next step. A few other, smaller, things such as random weather and weather linked to the real-time weather are also on that list, and many more to be honest. With the basics in place, it will allow us to move forward more quickly, but there is no magic formula, it will require hard work on our side!
    "

mr.Sw1tchblade and Leynad like this.
  14. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Registered

Yeah, and? I read somewhere that they've changed the way you can select cars/opponents, don't remember where but i'm sure of that...

Alex72 likes this.
  15. chisco85

chisco85 Registered

Hola chicos Le Mans 24 muy buen trabajo, sensaciones impresionantes, gráficas y asfálticas que me gustan y sobre el último sector del impresionante circuito gracias S397 saludos.

16. LokiD

LokiD Registered

Well I'm getting married Thursday then honeymoon in Mexico, so hoping mid july I'll have a UI waiting for me hehe.

Alex72 and Rui Santos like this.
  17. stonec

stonec Registered

If it crashes with AI and not without and you are getting memory allocation error, then you are either running in 32-bit mode (I reckon you said you don't) or you have too little physical or virtual memory set in Windows. No track update will fix it as clearly your problem is dependent on how many AI cars you add.

Rui Santos and Ari Antero like this.
  18. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Registered

Memory allocation, that's exactly my problem, do you know how i can fix it by increasing virtual memory? My specs are in my info, i have a good PC, not high end but i can play without issues in any track with more than 120 FPS...

19. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

20. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

Yeah this is why i wrote also to have it the other way around. As long as the tag is in there so we can differentiate it from mods. :)