[REL] Z1 Dashboard v4.4

Discussion in 'Other' started by RussellHodgson, Sep 30, 2015.

1. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

i dont get it why no temp info ?what am i doing wrong in rf2 and assetto corsa and miising so many info including weather info ?
    in Automobilsta and Iracing all info is there

Attached Files:

2. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

@RussellHodgson i think some info for the newer RF2 cars (DLC)
    not working
    i tested old and new cars and the temperature info worked for the old cars

3. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

all of a sudden the URD DTM 2018 and Ford EGT 2018 works with the Z1 software fully
    so it might be a S397 issue to provide newer car telemetry data ?
    no idea
    i checked all official GT3 and GTE DLC's and only basic dash info i get

4. RussellHodgson

RussellHodgson Registered

Not all sims provide the same data. iRacing has the most complete API, with RaceRoom being a close second.

Also within the sim, not all cars necessarily have all data, especially in a sim like rF2. If the person who created the car doesn't provide the data, there is nothing to display.

Art_Pereira and mesfigas like this.
  5. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

Thanks for responce Russell

6. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

@RussellHodgson
    please fix the bugs on the track map
    always after a few laps from correct map it appears buggy
    this is Lemans track after a few laps

Attached Files:

7. RussellHodgson

Does it appear looking like this from the start? Or does it looks normal, and then change to this after a few laps?

ALso it looks like you are using the Z1 Server as well? Is that to send the data to another PC?

8. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

@RussellHodgson now it seems it has been saved and always seems the same false map from the start
    is it saved somewhere as cached ?
    if i remove it and start a new one i m afraid its gonna happen the same ( i can fully reinstall the program)
    but it looks same from begining
    yes i use Z1 server as well not sending data to another PC
    i just thought that if i had to connest to an online server i need Z1 server ? to take all data from online server ?
    maybe i m wrong with Z1 server

9. RussellHodgson

Track maps are saved in the folder documents/z1dashboard/<ism>/tracks. There will be two files one for track data and one for track map. Delete both. Or if you click the gear icon at the top left of the track map you'll see a delete (X) icon. Click that and the track map will be deleted.

The Server is only needed if you want to send the data to a different PC. If you are running everything on the same PC as the sim it would just slow things down, and is not necessary.

mesfigas likes this.
  10. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

Thanks for great response Russell
    i will not use Z1 server again if i dont use 2nd computer

11. AlanBernardo

AlanBernardo Registered

I'm trying to get the dashboard to show in VR with rF2.

I am dragging the dashboard over (with my mouse, as it doesn't work inside of Oculus Home, using the touch), and then pinning it.

Once I start up rF2-- and along with it, SteamVR, which rF2 needs, apparently-- and enter the game I see no dashboard pinned.

Any ideas?

12. RussellHodgson

I haven't trued it using a mouse. After you do drag it with the mouse, can you see it in Oculus Home screen with the pin icon set?

13. AlanBernardo

AlanBernardo Registered

I'm not sure what you mean by the pin icon being set. I do see the pin icon, and when I pin the window I drug over, the icon does change to something having been pinned. I will try using the touch to drag over. But it appears that the pinned window, which I can see in the headset on top of Home, will disappear once Steam VR starts.

14. AlanBernardo

AlanBernardo Registered

So, I finally got the dashboard to at least appear on the rF2 screen. I'll need to experiment more as far as seeing if the hotkeys will work and all. I only wish Oculus Home didn't make things so dreadfully convoluted setting this all up and making it work in a seamless way. I realize the whole issue of the store and promoting all that, but if us VR users could just bypass home and all that nonsense, it would be much easier. I do use the Oculus Tray Tool, but that seems not to work as intended or I haven't gotten it to work as intended.

Thanks for replying.

15. RussellHodgson

Glad you got it to work.

I do agree that Oculus doesn't make it as easy as it could. Hopefully in a future version they will make it easier to integrate things like this.

16. RussellHodgson

Version 4.19 of the Z1 Dashboard is now available! We've got some great new features and dashboards available in this latest version.

There is the new Edit Mode which lets you select the dashboard without leaving the car.

[​IMG]

The Z1 Dashboard now has a new Sound option.
    This lets you play certain sound when you need to shift, or to announce the gear, or when DRS is available.
    [​IMG]

The Car 1 tab drop down now uses the full car name.
    [​IMG]

The garage standings dash now displays the class SOF for iRacing.
    [​IMG]

We've added 4 new dashboards. One for dirt truck racing, one for relative positions on the track and two for class standings (where the sim provides that data).

The new relative delta dashboard.
    [​IMG]

The new dirt truck dashboard.
    [​IMG]

The new class standings dash.
    [​IMG]

The second new class standings dash.
    [​IMG]

New users can get this latest version here: http://z1simwheel.com/dashboard/demo.cfm

Existing users can get it here: http://z1simwheel.com/dashboard/MyDashboard.cfm

Here is the full list of release notes:
    * Edit Mode - This is a new way for you to select dashboards for your car. There are several ways to turn Edit Mode on or off. When you are in the car you can right click your mouse, or CTRL-left click your mouse on the dashboard. Or you can assign a button box button or POV switch. To assign a button or POV switch go to the Buttons tab of the Z1 Dashboard's settings dialog. There is an option called 'Toggle Edit Mode'. Assigning a button or POV switch to this will let you turn this mode on or off.

With Edit Mode turned on you will be able to scroll through all the available dashboards while sitting in your car. This makes it easier and faster to select a dashboard than the current method which requires you to get out of the car every time you want to change a dashboard assignment.

Pressing the button you assigned to this option, or right-click, or CTRL-left click, will toggle Edit Mode on or off. When it is on you will see an indication on the current dashboard that you are in Edit Mode. The name of the currently displayed dashboard will be shown along with the current screen number. (Remember you can have up to 10 dashboards assigned to each car). When Edit Mode is on you can scroll through the dashboards by using the mouse to click on the left/right side of the dashboard to move ahead or backwards in the list of dashboards. The dashboards will scroll alphabetically. If you have a button assignment for the next screen or last screen functions, then during edit mode those will change the dashboard to the next or previous dashboard. If you have a Z1 LCD Screen, then you can tap on the right or left side of the screen to change the dashboard assignment.

When the dashboard you want is displayed, turn off Edit Mode by pressing the same button used to turn it on, or right-click or CTRL-left click again. The currently displayed dashboard will now be saved for the car in the appropriate screen location. If you would like to change one of the other dashboard slots assigned to the car, remember you can have up to 10, just scroll to the slot as you normally would, then active Edit Mode again, and proceed as described above.

Note that the various customizations of the dashboards, such as colors, warnings levels, etc, and the number of dashboards assigned to a car are still done in the settings dialog using the Car 1 and Car 2 tabs.

* Sounds - there is a new tab in the Settings dialog called 'Sounds'. This lets you specify three new sound options. They are 1) a beep when it is time to upshift; 2) announcing the gear you are in after a gear change; 3) A beep when DRS is available. All three are turned on by default.

The upshift beep is tied to the LED shift lights associated with the first dashboard assigned to the car. (Remember you can have up to 10 dashboards for each car.) You specify the offset from the right-most LED light. For example specifying the number 2 for a dash that has 15 shift lights will play the beep when the 14th LED illuminates. Specifying 2 for a dashboard that has 5 LEDs would make the shift beep play when the 4th LED illuminated.

These sounds can be customized. They are stored as WAV files in the folder documents/z1dashboard/sounds.

* The car drop down in the Car 1 tab now uses the full car name as opposed to the short car name previously used. This makes it easier to determine which car you are selecting, as the short car names can sometimes be quite cryptic.

* Added a new dashboard that displays the time deltas between your car and several cars ahead and behind. This delta is the time in seconds they are behind or ahead of you on the track. The new dash is the 'Relative Dash'.

* Added a new dashboard for off road trucks. It is called 'Truck Dash 1'. Note some of the values will be zeros at this time. This is because sims do not supply data for them at this time.

* Two new standings dashboards have been added. These are Standings 3 and Standings 4. They show the same information as Standings 1 and 2, but they only show the cars that are in your class. In addition the position, timing deltas and other information is all based on only those cars in your class.

* Updates to Track Maps 1, 3, 9 and 10. The tracks maps were slightly altered to make better use of the available space for driver names, car names, etc.

* The Dashboard software is now using the EnergyMGU_KLapDeployPct parameter from iRacing when it is available to determine the deployment percentage. In previous versions this value was calculated based on other data (as the EnergyMGU_KLapDeployPct parameter wasn't available.). The only difference you'll with this new parameter being used is that the first lap of a session will have the accurate percentage displayed. Previously you had to run a full lap before we could start shpowing this data. This change only effects iRacing, and the Audi R18 and Porsche 919 dashboards.

* When in a multi-class race in iRacing, the garage standings screen will now display the various strength of field (SOF) for each of the classes as well as for the overall field. This display is dependent on having room at the bottom of the screen for this information. The overall SOF will always be displayed. However on smaller window sizes there may not be enough room for all the class SOF information to be displayed. Information about the fastest lap available on the Z1 Analyzer (if one exists for your car and track combination.) will always be displayed. Then depending on the remaining room the class SOFs will also be displayed.

* There is a new button option for resetting stint fuel. This button option allows you to reset the starting stint fuel to the current amount of fuel in the car. This has the effect that any fuel displays that show the amount of fuel used since you last got in the car will be reset to zero. This is useful when you have a pit stop in a race and want the reset the fuel usage display to zero.

* Various graphical updates to the dashboards.

Download the demo today: http://z1simwheel.com/dashboard/demo.cfm

mesfigas likes this.
  17. RussellHodgson

Edit Mode is a new way for you to select dashboards for your car in version 4.19 of the Z1 Dashboard. It allows you to scroll through all the available dashboards while sitting in your car.

There are several ways to turn Edit Mode on or off. When you are in the car you can right click your mouse, or CTRL-left click your mouse on the dashboard. Or you can assign a button box button or POV switch. To assign a button or POV switch go to the Buttons tab of the Z1 Dashboard's settings dialog. There is an option called 'Toggle Edit Mode'. Assigning a button or POV switch to this will let you turn this mode on or off.

When it is on you will see an indication on the current dashboard that you are in Edit Mode. The name of the currently displayed dashboard will be shown along with the current screen number. (Remember you can have up to 10 dashboards assigned to each car). When Edit Mode is on you can scroll through the dashboards by using the mouse to click on the left/right side of the dashboard to move ahead or backwards in the list of dashboards. The dashboards will scroll alphabetically. If you have a button assignment for the next screen or last screen functions, then during edit mode those will change the dashboard to the next or previous dashboard. If you have a Z1 LCD Touch Screen, then you can tap on the right or left side of the screen to change the dashboard assignment.

When the dashboard you want is displayed, turn off Edit Mode by pressing the same button used to turn it on, or right-click or CTRL-left click again. The currently displayed dashboard will now be saved for the car in the appropriate screen location. If you would like to change one of the other dashboard slots assigned to the car, remember you can have up to 10, just scroll to the slot as you normally would, then active Edit Mode again, and proceed as described above.

Note that the various customizations of the dashboards, such as colors, warnings levels, etc, and the number of dashboards assigned to a car are still done in the settings dialog using the Car 1 and Car 2 tabs.

Download the Z1 Dashboard demo here: http://z1simwheel.com/dashboard/demo.cfm

mesfigas likes this.
  18. RussellHodgson

We just released version 4.19.1 of the Z1 Dashboard. This fixes a few bugs we found in version 4.19.0.

* Fixed an issue with Edit Mode where if you exited the sim before exiting the Z1 Dashboard then any changes made with Edit Mode were not saved.

* Fixed an issue with the Cadillac dashboard where the brake bias did not line up properly in the display.

* Fixed an issue with the Cadillac dashboard that caused a white area to be displayed at the bottom of the dashboard after in-car settings were changed and displayed on screen.

Existing users can download the update here: https://www.z1simwheel.com/dashboard/MyDashboard.cfm

You can download the demo here: https://www.z1simwheel.com/dashboard/demo.cfm

19. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

@RussellHodgson Z1 Dashboard crashes every time you go to new track where you have not raced before. After restart of rF2 and Z1 Dashboard oil and water temps are not working and sector times are wrong.
    Third party tracks like Sacshensring Z1 Dasboard crashes at start/finish line lap 1 and can not be used at all.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2019
  20. RussellHodgson

This is with v4.19.1?

Can you tell me a bit about your setup. Are you using the Z1 Server? Is the Dashboard being run on the same machine as the sim? Do you have any other software running?