Released Circuit des 24 Heures du Mans (2018) is now available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Jun 16, 2019.

1. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Registered

Really hope so, i can play every single track full of AI except in LeMans, it's unplayable for me, it's crashing in the loading page! If i can race on other tracks without any issues i think LeMans i should too...

2. LokiD

LokiD Registered

Runs like every other tracks for me 80-120 fps average with 24ai

Everyones setup is different it actually might not be the game.

3. Patrick Schumacher

Patrick Schumacher Registered

I have around 70-80 fps beyond the main stand, at finish line ca. 50fps. Good weather and 59xKI

4. Florian Dubiel

Florian Dubiel Registered

when I do an offline race against LMP2 cars, why does other cars crash into me during the Le Mans start? I have chosen a rolling start and you start diagonal on the main straight. I set the field to 60 cars. Right at the beginning when start rolling they crash into me? is it normal in rFactor2?

5. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

which probably means they will reduce the lod of some objects.(like they did with the GT3 cars) Best solution may be to use the Sebring method and duplicate the track with a bare minimum of trackside details.

6. mr.Sw1tchblade

mr.Sw1tchblade Registered

Yes. Currently its normal ai behaviour.

Florian Dubiel likes this.
  7. dufrene

dufrene Registered

My computer is not that powerfull, but I can run 56 cars without problem. I had to play a bit with graphics settings,the game still looks very nice.

Does it crash without AI as well ? Did you try without third party mod ? Maybe a conflict somewhere.

Same here, but the rolling start behind the safety car is very long on this track, so i usually press the spacebar then the problem is solved^^

8. Florian Dubiel

Thanks for your answers guys, I think I'm not using any mods. Oh, I have the Ford GTE from URD in the grid. I will check it again without a mod and one class only. I'm quite surprised that I can run 60 cars with full graphics settings. That game is fast :) in Raceroom it is not possible I remember. 50 cars wound be ok as well. But on such a long track sometimes you hardly see an opponent :) the same situation will be on the Nordschleife as well. Too have a multiclass grip on those kind of tracks is somehow mandatory.

9. Depco

Depco Registered

For those who are complaining about having poor performance with a lot of AI, how many visible cars do you have it set to? Realistically you're only going to see 7 or so in front and 7 or so in the back at the beginning of the race. After that it's going to get so spread out that you're better off to save the frames and limit the number of cars you can actually see.

xerofer likes this.
  10. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

When Papyrus was really beginning to move into Nascar, one of the first things everyone did was load up a big track and start at the back with the entire 42 car field visible. That humbled many a system back in the day. We quickly learned to limit the number of visible cars to a fairly small number.

11. killerwatt

killerwatt Registered

How do you manage to get a field of 60 cars? My ai setting only goes up to 44 in game menu

12. Florian Dubiel

hm, I could chose 60 cars in the settings. Does it has to do with the amount of RAM of the PC? For my PC its the limit. I have 32 GB. My graphics card has 11 GB. When everything is loaded it needs 17 GB RAM and the whole VRAM :O But it was interesting to see that the performance is still good.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2019
  13. killerwatt

killerwatt Registered

I also ha
    I also have 32 GB of ram but I solved the problem anyway, I just had to edit the default RFM File which was set to 44.

14. Florian Dubiel

What is the RFM file?

15. dufrene

dufrene Registered

I think that you are not using the same track that the one in this topic. If i recall correctly, 44 AI is the max for the track mod "[Virtua_LM] Le Mans 1991-1996" which is different than the official content presented here from S397 : "Circuit des 24 Heures du Mans (2018)" where you can go up to 60AI.

Otherwise, you have a conflict with these two tracks.

16. Florian Dubiel

That leads us to another issue, there is no way to distinguish between a mod content and official content :( you simply have to remember what is what. Perhaps one day rFactor gets the new user interface. I would even pay for it if necessary to get it done

Ricardo Diz and Alex72 like this.
  17. killerwatt

killerwatt Registered

I am indeed using the correct track but perhaps
    the virtual lm mod changed the default file way back whenit was released. My max number of ai hd been 44 for years irrespective of which track I was on. Its all goo dow thow as I have now increased the possible max ai to 103 in the default file.

18. killerwatt

killerwatt Registered

C:\Users\[YOUR WINDOWS USER NAME]\AppData\Roaming\~MASTEMP
    There you'll find the file default.rfm.
    Open it with a text editor and edit the max opponents value

Florian Dubiel likes this.
  19. Stefan_L_01

Stefan_L_01 Registered

You have to take courses at university in "rf2 handling and administration" to understand all the game functions.
    Seriously, did a physican was writing code for rf2 in the past???

20. xerofer

xerofer Registered

All these HIDDEN goodies....
    Welp.