LMP1

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Pales, Jun 20, 2019.

1. StrawmanAndy

StrawmanAndy Registered

Yeah, it's not perfect or realistic, but it's target audience is different to iRacing so the detail would likely be less, due to the nature of the game being more jump in and play. Really, PC2 and F1 (Codemasters) are the same audience and have similar systems of deployment. But at least they have something to add to the realism of the car(s).

mesfigas likes this.
  2. dufrene

dufrene Registered

In real LMP1, hybrid energy is not that much deployed by the driver because it's all automatic.
    in fact, the driver has two actions on that hybrid : Select the mapping (they change it a lot within the race) and use an override button like a "push to pass" when they have to anticipate traffic.

3. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Yep, in real life this stuff is set via GPS and some proper settings for different scenarios (like rain). Even TC and/or ABS work like that.
    For this they need to expand the garage menu and cockpit LCD/LEDs if they want to make it properly, not like other sims that is just a push button

4. StrawmanAndy

StrawmanAndy Registered

I know this, but DPi and BTCC are not looking to adopt this style of hybrid system. I know for a fact, the BTCC will be driver controlled rather than automatic. Which is why I said before "I understand we get different types of hybrid systems in the real world", saying if s397 build a generic, modifiable one, then it could be used across a range of motorsport series - not perfect, but it's use could be extended for more than just F1 and WEC, making it a more worthwhile project. If you had a system that was fully automatic, then it's limited to two series.

5. MiguelVallejo

MiguelVallejo Registered

In fact it would be nice to have a hybrid system in rfactor2 but we are forgetting that both SMP and Rebellion run without these systems. I do not think studio397 had a hard time getting these licenses (especially Rebellion, which is actually an Oreca Lmp2 ultra vitamin) and would be a good way to have LMP1s and be able to run in incredible times with very high top speeds, worthy of this great circuit.

StrawmanAndy likes this.
  6. AMillward

AMillward Registered

Even if they did a generic SMP style LMP1 which isn't hybrid, like the generic Formula 2012 ISI did.

lagg and StrawmanAndy like this.
  7. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

@AMillward i really wish we had a full hybrid detailed system
    the rest could be history

8. Florian Dubiel

Florian Dubiel Registered

Is the rF2 PX forum URD an LMP1 car? If so, he is making a lot money I guess. Le Mans without WEC cars .... Is like a beer beer without foam ^^

9. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

@Florian Dubiel this mod has only 1 car out of 3 LMP1 up to almost latest rf2 standards
    and there is no hybrid as well so its a half LMP1 with unknown future since their physics guy left their modding group

10. Florian Dubiel

Florian Dubiel Registered

Wow, these are bad news

11. Christos Segkounas

Christos Segkounas Registered

Yes.
    They are not relevant anymore, true that.
    And yes, with this mindset we are not going to be seeing hybrids anytime soon in rf2.
    Which, I guess must be some sort of a catastrophe by default.
    It is a dying class.
    S397, or any dev team for that matter, do not have unlimited resources.
    Otherwise sure, bring in soon to be extinct and replaced hybrids by new hybrids that might actually form a class better thought out and more resilient.

12. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

As said, I don't understand the not recent = not relevant mindset. Following that reasoning the current set of GTE and LMP2 cars won't be relevant once we get those new spec hybrids. There are so many examples that show that 'unrelevant' content can be very appealing. The FIA GT content from RSS being one example. If the content is alligned properly, it doesn't matter if the regs are still existent or not. What would fit better into the current set of content - cars that actually raced against the current set like the Toyota or the 919, or some obscure stuff that nobody knows how it'll look and work out, not even knowing how GTE and LMP2 or DPi will work in 1 or 2 years? I certainly know wich content I would prefer.

MiguelVallejo likes this.
  13. Fernando Buendia

Fernando Buendia Registered

Aren't hypercars going to be hybrid aswell? If they don't want to make LMP1s because they of the hybrid, they wouldn't want to make hypercars either.

I'd love to have LMP1s in rF2. I really like driving the P2 and P3, and I'm pretty sure I would enjoy the P1s aswell.

14. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

LMP1 adds more racing tactic between those cars because of hybrid-regen and how to use it effectively
    a lot of strategy is going on with those cars which makes multiclass racing by far more interesting

15. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

You like it or not recent cars is what sells and devs got bills to pay.
    FIA GT from RSS fits a "classic/historic" slot, different scenario and also a modding team. There has been some talks from devs talking about older content and it's really hard for them to sell some stuff.
    P2 and DPi will still run in 1 or two years, those cars are new so they arent going anywhere before a 5 years cycle (only in DPi if a manufacturer leaves, which could happen since they stopped the BoP with P2, but even then they are inside a rule cycle that goes till 2021). GTE isnt going anywhere either, they are cheaper than hypercars, in the worst scenario the GTE Pro class will disappear and a Pro-Am formula stays
    When a studio is licensing content looking ahead is best. Sports cars is the easies to guess when a car will be replaced and you should wait since the street version dictate it and they have a 3~5 years rule cycle. For example licensing a F488 GT3/E now may not be a good idea.
    Its replacement is already out for the street version
    [​IMG]
    If they spend that licensing money on a hyper car they have a lot more years of "hype" and giving users something "actual" to race with which means more chances of future sells than releasing a LMP1H grid now.
    Just my 2 cents, at least if I was managing a business in this area, I like to try to see it from the angle of the person paying the bills, but that's just me

Last edited: Jun 23, 2019
  16. David O'Reilly

David O'Reilly Registered

I think that in the beginning Rfactor2 launched with some amazing historics. Then they added cars like the Howstens, the Shelby Cobra, Dissenter and many others. Maybe they figured more people want something current?

17. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

So you are trying to tell me, that people wouldn't buy a DLC with a 919, TS050, 488GTE/GT3 and some other goodies to complete their personal Le Mans or IMSA experience? I am sure such a pack would pay the bills pretty well if it's executed well and actually make this the most complete endurance sim on the market. iRacing get's away with it. ;)

18. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

I never said they wouldn't buy ;)
    But if you plan on longevity spending $ on LMP1H when you could be already making deals for the hypercars is not very smart.
    iR get away with a lot of stuff simply because it's the only platform for proper online racing right now. Any other sim that would keep an old version of Silverstone till now for example would get some daily bashing.
    rF2 wont be the most complete endurance sim in the market without the tracks used in endurance.

mr.Sw1tchblade likes this.
  19. Slip_Angel

Slip_Angel Registered

100% but i would also like some hybrid era cars as well because i like them.

20. Christos Segkounas

Christos Segkounas Registered

I don't know much about these cars you mention so unlikely that I would buy them.
    What I would buy is a DLC with the Group GT1 cars of the past.
    They are still relevant.
    Because they've gone down in history from an era of passionate racing and have helped form endurance racing as it is now, together with the Group C cars, and are coveted by most simracers regardless of age.
    So they will always be relevant, not least because they were proper race cars and not playstation machines and that will always appeal to people, especially since driver involvement has been/will be lost.
    And together with that, the sexiest noises ever compared to the bore fest that modern race cars are with the introduction of hybrids and full electric machines.

Alex72 and Ari Antero like this.