LMP1

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Pales, Jun 20, 2019.

1. Pales

Pales Registered

Going off the recent live stream, Studio 397 are hesitant to license LMP1 as a result of the hypercar regulations. However, why would you not want to capitalize on these cars anway? They would be an immediate purchase by an overwhelming majority, surely? I am quite surprised they have not tried to go down this route.

Narrowbackwing and Ho3n3r like this.
  2. dufrene

dufrene Registered

Indeed. It would be an instant buy for me.

Plus now, very decent "conventionnal" LMP1 exists and are doing incredible laptimes.
    The Rebellion R13 is an Oreca chassis, actually an LMP2 on steroids, it would be something possible without major game modifications and is in line with the current LMP2 in game. Would love to have SMP as well, but I'm not sure that S397 has business with Dallara.

Dmitri, Narrowbackwing and Ho3n3r like this.
  3. Pales

Pales Registered

I couldn’t agree more. They’re all incredibly unique and likely to appeal to the mass user base. Who doesn’t want to drive an Audio and hear the electrical wines, it’s music to your ears! Just like the Porsche 919 is under breaking!

Privateers sound just as great, I love the rebellion too. I know there are a lot of rumours discussing a new endurance pack but I will be disappointed if it does not include any vehicles of this class.

4. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

They should do Bycolles and make it just as unreliable :p See if anyone can manage to finish in front of the lmp2's

5. Narrowbackwing

Narrowbackwing Registered

9D7543F3-73EB-45E6-BE05-CDB985C67D88.jpeg Would love to see 397 do any of the LMP1 cars from 2000 / 2010 .

Hybrid for the future is great in real life but in a sim I want loud gas guzzling raw machines , even would be happy with this :)

6. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

rf2 dont have hybrid so dont wait for lmp1 cars
    you can play ac-pcars2-iracing for these kind of cars

7. Pales

Pales Registered

I know, it’s probably a reason why they aren’t bothering but considering Toyota will accommodate some form of hybrid in 2021 season, you would expect RF2 to follow.

Besides, I don’t get any enjoyment out of PC2 and I’m still waiting for iRacing AI for that.

8. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

@Pales pcars 2 doesnt offer detailed hybrid but assetto corsa is very good at it

Last edited: Jun 20, 2019
  9. MiguelVallejo

MiguelVallejo Registered

The first thing I thought when s397 announced the Le Mans circuit is that they have it relatively simple to give us the Rebellion. With the times in which they have run this year it would be a great machine to drive in rfactor2. If the SMP goes with it ... well, great.

10. MiguelVallejo

MiguelVallejo Registered

We really need lmp1 from the beginning of the 2000s ...
    The list is incredible, Audi R8, BMW V12 (which continued to run in the USA a couple of years after leaving Le Masn in 1999), Bentley Speed 8, Dallara Sp1, Pescarolo C6, Dome S102 ...

Alex72 and Narrowbackwing like this.
  11. lagg

lagg Registered

The biggest problem is that rF2 doesn't support two engines at the same time.
    If this were implemented we could have LMP1 and modern F1 too.

Narrowbackwing and mesfigas like this.
  12. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

or even the devel;opers had problem to licence all these cars then the modders could do that
    like RSS did for assetto corsa
    all we need is the hybrid

lagg likes this.
  13. StrawmanAndy

StrawmanAndy Registered

I can understand the lack of desire to build LMP1 cars if they're going away. That being said, a hybrid engine will still be in action for the 2020/2021 rules, plus DPi will be going hybrid too - how much is unknown. Same with WRC. And it's already used in F1. Would it not be smart to develop a generic engine that can do a hybrid/kers like system? We've got Formula E with it's EV power system, and I'm not saying it is easy, but with every series looking to go hybrid at some point - even BTCC are going hybrid in 2021 - would it not be a good idea to build a generic engine that has some form of a hybrid? I just think that is the direction of motorsport, so most simulators/games will be looking to adapt for those cars.

lagg and Chris Lesperance like this.
  14. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I suspect we'll see hybrids in rF2 fairly soon. It wouldn't be a massive undertaking to add the capability.

15. Christos Segkounas

Christos Segkounas Registered

That's what I think too.
    The current lmp1 class is a dying mess.
    There is no competition and no development either, we need a new set of rules and manufacturers to come back in.
    Till then I do not see how rf2 can present the world with a product and ask for their money.
    Or why would they even go through all the trouble of licensing it.

16. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

@christos_Swc well dying mess or not, games like iracing pcars and assetto corsa has this class allready.

StrawmanAndy likes this.
  17. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

Something, that I do not understand is, that there seems to be the mindset that cars, that are a few years old aren't relevant anymore according to some people in the community and the devs are going by that logic aswell. I guess most people would be perfectly fine to race a Porsche 919, Toyota TS050 and Audi R18 in 2016 spec against the current set of GTE and LMP2 cars in rF2. If I had to make a deal I would get in touch with URD to finalize their PX1 content and sell it as lisenced content, with a discount or similar thing for those who preordered it years ago. That would help extending partnerships with existing lisencing partners and certainly give rF2 the edge over iRacing once the competition system is in place, while bringing in new tech features like hybrid. If you look at the workshop and count the modern F1 mods alone you will see that there is just a "tiny" demand for proper hybrid support.

With the current mind set and the lets-wait-for-new-regs-mentality we won't see hybrids in rF2 for atleast one more year to come wich just seems like a missed opportunity for the sim that claims to be the best product in terms of physics and features on the market. My silent hope is, that S397 have their lips sealed as with Le Mans because proper LMP1s would be a huge deal for rF2.

Brack Jabham and mesfigas like this.
  18. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

@hitm4k3r i agrre with exept the URD cars
    i believe we need lmp1 cars made from scratch

19. StrawmanAndy

StrawmanAndy Registered

The current LMP1 is a dying mess, but the hybrid system within that current system will be very similar to what will be in the Valkyrie, Ford and Toyota. Which is why I said in my previous post, why not make a generic hybrid system? F1 has it, LMP have it, Super GT/DTM, BTCC, DPi and WRC are all looking to go hybrid very soon, so why not build a basic or generic energy recovery system?

I understand we get different types of hybrid systems in the real world, but fundamentally we need something that has additional energy, which can be deployed by the driver and then recover a bit under braking. The Formula E engine already has the recovery, so the potential can happen in rF2. Plus iRacing, PC2 simulate a hybrid system so to be in line with the other simulators it would make sense to get a generic LMP machine in.

ISI did a generic F1 2012 car, could s397 not make a "fake" LMP1 or fictional 2020/21 looking car? I think the modding community would excel if there was a proper working hybrid system, because of URD models and the other modern F1 stuff, and then the online community would love it as you've got five major classes (LMP1-2-3, GTE, GT3/D).

MiguelVallejo likes this.
  20. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

pcars 2 hybrid is just funny to be honest
    we need something detailed like iRacing

Florian Dubiel and StrawmanAndy like this.