Steering assist

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Neil Shackleford, Jun 18, 2019.

1. Neil Shackleford

Neil Shackleford Registered

Hi,
    i have been having no end of trouble trying to get my accuforce wheel setup in rf2, so i will try and keep this simple, when going down a straight at speed it feels as though there is some kind of assist on, i am unable to spin the car out by yanking left or right on the wheel, it just wont let me oversteer, untill i reach the corner then everything feels relativley normal, all my other issues considered, i am not running any assists.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

2. Daniele Vidimari

Daniele Vidimari Registered

Check speed sensivity under the control menu, must be at 0 with steering wheels.

Neil Shackleford likes this.
  3. Neil Shackleford

Neil Shackleford Registered

You my friend are a star, your advice was bang on, thank you so much.
    I have one other issue which i cant seem to sort, i wonder if you could help?
    in all other sims my DoR are 900 and i dont have an issue, but in rf2 i cant seem to get small amounts of steering to feel anything close to responsive, i can be drivng down a straight with the wheel at almost 45 degrees and im barely turning, i have lowered my DoR to 240 ingame and in my wheel software but still no change, can you offer any advice here?

Edit: Further adjustments and i have finally got to where i wanted to be, thank god.

Thanks again my friend.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2019
    vegaguy5555 likes this.
  4. Daniele Vidimari

Daniele Vidimari Registered

Glad you solved the other issue also, i don't have any experience with DD wheels so i wouldn't have had any tip.
    About the first, i remeber i have had the same "issue" in the good old days with GTR2, so from that day i always double-check that setting :D

Neil Shackleford likes this.
  5. Uff

Uff Registered

In case you missed it, have a look at this article, Software Wheel Rotation Explained part.

Jason Statham likes this.
  6. Jason Statham

Jason Statham Registered

Thank you, i will check it out.