HP Reverb reviews with RF2?

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by multivac, Jun 17, 2019.

Tags:
  1. multivac

multivac Registered

Hi,

Someone who has this VR viewer and can give their impressions?
    What computer has, etc ...

Thanks

lagg likes this.
  2. Bernardo

Bernardo Registered

I have contradictory feelings. On the one hand, the HP Reverb has an impressive resolution. The sharpness is noticeable. The texts and numbers on the menus and inside the car, look impressive. It also substantially improves long-distance viewing. Ergonomics is the other point in favor. Like a silk glove. Light and fits perfectly. I come from an Odissey plus, which is quite uncomfortable. The negative part is the handling of color. To put it in a few words: washed colors. The tracks look very white. The colors and contrast are much better in the Odyssey. The SDE is reached to be noticed, but only if you look for it. Once you start playing, you forget that it exists. The glare disappeared almost completely. The Mura effect is there, but it is not very noticeable. It is like a kind of dust in certain parts of the image, but it is very subtle. It really does not manage to be annoying. Finally, regarding the performance, strangely I have noticed that it is not as demanding as I thought. My computer is: i7 6700K, gtx 1080, 16 gb ram. Configuro steam in SS 180%, which is almost equivalent to the native resolution.

In conclusion: If you care a lot about color fidelity, it is not the best HMD. In everything else I think it's outstanding. Mura and SDE are practically imperceptible.

3. multivac

multivac Registered

Hi, Bernardo
    Do you see any strange distortion when looking at the sides?
    Ves molestas distorsiones o aberraciones ópticas que se autocorrigen casi al instante, cuando miras a los lados.?

In the last review that I have just heard, they criticize it a lot for that.
    https://www.realovirtual.com/articulos/5364/hp-reverb-impresiones

Thanks

Last edited: Jun 17, 2019
    lagg likes this.
  4. Bernardo

Bernardo Registered

I really did not notice them. But tonight I'm going to try again and tell you.

I take to add a couple of things. I have noticed that in some moments the left screen starts blinking. It only happens when you start the game. And it stops after a few seconds (3 or 4). And I have also noticed that the brightness of the two screens is not exactly the same. The right screen is a little darker than the left. I guess it's a consequence of using two screens instead of just one. It's a minimal difference, but I think that should not happen in a $ 650 product. it's a shame that this HMD has these defects, because the comfort is superior and the resolution is very good. But I guess there's nothing perfect?

MarcG and multivac like this.
  5. Tikal Sport

Tikal Sport Registered

6. multivac

multivac Registered