Released Circuit des 24 Heures du Mans (2018) is now available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Jun 16, 2019.

1. xerofer

xerofer Registered

Same here, replays are in the mid 20 to mid 30 fps.
    Switching to cockpit view fps goes up to 60-100 fps, depending on time of day and weather conditions.
    So a bit of TLC needed in this area.

2. marvelharvey

marvelharvey Registered

Well this is weird:

Work computer: 80fps on start finish straight. 100fps coming out of 2nd chicane. (1080p, 1080 GPU)
    Home computer: 100fps on start finish straight. 60fps coming out of 2nd chicane. (1440p, 1080ti GPU)

Same settings, same time of day, same cars.

I wonder why my home computer struggles so much coming out of the 2nd chicane, while my work computer actually sees more fps?

3. Akela_DE

Akela_DE Registered

Everybody is satisfied how this track looks ? The trees are an absolute joke for 2019, thats in now way ok to publish payed stuff like this - the mod track looks better imo. And the lighting esp nights looks like .. dont know, simply bad, shallow, to bright, flat. No sensation for the eye, and no, i dont think it look real in any way, the overall look is cartoonish, like ComputaGrafix. If Nords look like this ... i am out.

mr.Sw1tchblade likes this.
  4. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

My English is pretty poor.
    I'll try it.
    Take as an example an expensive luxury car brand. Very nice and very fast and very noble. But the foundation and the base do not fit. Here something does not work and there is something broken. Constantly. And nothing is changed at the base of the manufacturer. So nice and expensive cars come on the market but they just do not work. Unfortunately. The initial joy varies in frustration and disappointment.

That's how I feel about RF2 after 4 months. Even the anticipation of the NOS is less and less! I think I'm at the point where I'll let RF2 rest until everything finally works. As I said the initial enthusiasm with me is gone!
    Answers from S397 are rather the rarity. Nobody knows what is planned.

Example? Cockpit AMG GT3 .... In YT videos, I saw the LeMans with the AI does not work properly .. Tire change in the rain? No do not go.
    How should one still feel like doing it?
    As I said my modest opinion.
    I do not buy anything anymore before the whole package is right.
    I am a father and I work. Time is only for single player. But what should I do with it if it does not work? When does something finally happen at the basics?
    AT FIRST POINT THE FUNDAMENTALLY, MUST BE STABLE!
    So enough of an RF2 fan that still considers this SIM is the best. Contradictory? No! But I notice more and more that my love cools down .

mr.Sw1tchblade, xerofer and Mibrandt like this.
  5. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

Indeed, obviously you are lacking some basic skill how to setup your hardware and rF2.
    Pick below is at start from Sebring and Le Mans, VRAM usage at Sebring 2339 MB and at Lemans 2853 MB. Medium in-game settings 40 AI, 16 visible, 28" singlescreen.

CPU 3770k, GTX 780Ti from 2013, locked FPS at 120 ;)

Seb le man.jpg

chisco85 and AlenC like this.
  6. mister dog

mister dog Registered

Really enjoyed the track, after having stared at onboards pretty much the whole weekend it looks and feels like a 1/1 representation. Definitely worth the tenner. I was surprised to see the green horse on the right side of the beginning of Mulsanne as well ingame, I only just noticed it for the first time during this years event :D.

I'll be giving some feedback later on about small details that could further enhance the track graphically, but count me as one satisfied user here. Thanks for bringing this gem to the game!

7. Christian Wolter

Christian Wolter Registered

Hi, Thanks for this great Track!

But very Big Problem in the Track; the House on the Left Side by the Curve 7 is not correct. The Windows on the front of the House has a double Window, but in the real World there is only a simple Window and yesterday the Window was closed not open!!! I can not drive like that! Please fix!

Thanks for this Work Studio 397! ;-)

8. Hoshi

Hoshi Registered

Thanks a lot you guys at Studio 397. A gem of a track which runs great on my rusty 1060/6GB @ 1080p :)

9. mister dog

mister dog Registered

This man is lying, I looked up the blueprints with the township of Le Mans and the windows are still single glazed.

jayarrbee36 and bwana like this.
  10. C3PO

C3PO Registered

Great work securing this track and its a huge boost for rF2. It tempted me back in after doing a lot in iRacing this past year or so. I have a couple of general observations about everything ... it feels to me to run a lot less smoothly than I recalled before ... I don't know whether this track needs optimising or whether it is to do with other parts of the sim.

For example, going to the screen to select Low Drag package for the 911 RSR led to a 10 second screen freeze (I was about to reboot when it came back). Also, getting into the VEC server took an awful long time (I have 75Mbps down / 20Mbps up connection ... you just "hang" there in this UI void not know whether anything is happening) although in the sim the FPS seemed decent enough (at 90% of max at around 70fps).

The replay screens though are huge resource hogs: on my triple screen set up I get 29-40fps on replay across three screens v 80fps in iRacing). So, in short, loving the new content but feel lots of optimising / code improvements need to be addressed with with the track and/or the sim in general. But again massive congrats on the Le Mans track - I love it.

xerofer likes this.
  11. C3PO

C3PO Registered

PS: should I have cleared any folders of shaders or whatever beforehand before this new build / track?

12. xerofer

xerofer Registered

I did before launch, so I cannot talk about a possible difference in performance.

13. marvelharvey

marvelharvey Registered

I just did a fresh install and still get the showroom freeze you mentioned, so I don't think it'd make any difference.

14. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Registered

Had some freezes and PC reboots last night trying to use LeMans during daylight and 19 Norma AI's...

Crashed also with 9 AI's, only run stable with 3. Found out doing ALT+TAB (when sim was freeze on loading screen) that i had a message saying "out of memory" or something. FPS's were around 80/90 but the way it is, this track will be impossible to use during night and rain for example.

Can't even imagine Nordschleife performance...

Hope for some fixes, thanks!

15. Christos Segkounas

Christos Segkounas Registered

Thank you @S397 for the track, now I can't wait to go racing with it!
    A word of appreciation also for DaDigga for his great F2P track that we had been using all these years.
    And a suggestion to S397: When you get those updates out for the track make the Rolex clock at the start/finish straight a working one.
    In DaDigga's version it is working perfectly fine and is a very nice touch;)

16. AMillward

AMillward Registered

If you've got time to look at the trees you're crashing too much or going too slow :p

17. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Registered

I also have to report that the GP3 mod, watching a replay i had a big transparent/white DOT in the rear of the car. With wet spray it's even more noticeable, probably related with some update. Please check it out...

18. Travis

Travis Registered

Amazing effort by S397.

The track is incredible and is amazing fun to race around on a day-night-day cycle.

Well worth the money.

19. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Well they could use Y trees tho, LilSki uses it in his tracks and they are a great touch over billboard
    [​IMG]

20. lagg

lagg Registered

Fushida and Rui Santos like this.