Released Circuit des 24 Heures du Mans (2018) is now available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Jun 16, 2019.

1. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

in the packages it's lemans_2018. I also have several listed as le_mans_2017 etc Just verify

2. Patrick Schumacher

Patrick Schumacher Registered

3. Stefan_L_01

Stefan_L_01 Registered

thx - i searched 3 times my list and did not spotted it. Then i deinstalled some tracks in modmgr and found it. Ok probabably it was there before allready and the Problem was sitting Right in front of the PC this time..

Anyway tracks Need one more info field, an short identifier next to the existing full track Name like now. Imola / Autodrome de Enzo Ferrari, LeMans_2018 / Circuit de la Sarthe. Setup, install Folder, everyting is called LeMans (not quite, the installed is lemans_2018, the Setup lemans only, in the Server list lemans 24h (layout?)… chaos goes on), but you have to select Circuit de la Sarthe... I think we should be able to select the common Name a track is known, or switch between both

Last edited: Jun 16, 2019
    Grey, Ernie and alexSchmurtz like this.
  4. Andregee

Andregee Registered

So close, thats really impressive

mister dog likes this.
  5. Alkoly

Alkoly Registered

Thank you, a new track is always welcome in rFactor2.

6. M-Bimmer

M-Bimmer Registered

E p i c
    T h a n k Y o u G u y s

7. Riverside

Riverside Registered

I can't give you VRAM usage but your question is good, so this is my test of several tracks' FPS (FRAPS) with my 3gb GTX 1060

Cars = 20 GTE+LMP2
    Visual Settings mostly medium, textures high, FPS recorded on beginning of lap 1

Lime Rock = 90+
    Sebring = 75+
    Le Mans 2017 Mod = 70+
    Le Mans 2018 S397 = 15-30

So, yeah, back to Mario Kart kind of FPS, obviously some optimization is needed before usable for lower end hardware

Hope this helps, cheers...

AlenC likes this.
  8. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

I get 70-80 for most of the lap with my 1060.

9. Highlandwalker

Highlandwalker Registered

I have found bit of problem with the track. Replays run in slow motion after a period of time, about 5-10 minutes. The cars I was using were the Oreca 07 and all of the GTE cars, 60 cars in total. Has any body else had this happen. My system is up to scratch to run this quantity of cars without problems. Hope this can be sorted. Otherwise enjoying the track.

mister dog and xerofer like this.
  10. Riverside

Riverside Registered

It may be you have more current hardware, or 6gb

I just ran all tracks with same hardware and configuration, in same session, all things equal, one track is slow, track needs work...

11. Rujasu

Rujasu Registered

Great track, lovingly rendered. I rate it 10 out of 60 frames at the Ford chicanes. an Extra Low circuit quality setting would be much appreciated. I'd rather race it with a barren trackside than not at all.

A somewhat related issue, the Oreca in a low drag configuration hits the limiter on the straights. This hamstrings the AI a bit, unless you force standard with no dive planes instead. Also I could've sworn the configuration used to actually change the look of the car.

12. Chris Lesperance

Chris Lesperance Registered

No 100% sure, but it might be related to the realtime physics issue
    https://forum.studio-397.com/index....f-realtime-physics-freezes-public-test.62687/

I had the same slow replay issue with 55 LM2016 cars (Combination of URD and Enduracers). I was also getting a lot of the freezes. To the point where it was almost impossible to drive. It was pushing my system to see how well it would do. So the results may not be reflective to my day to day play.

It's an amazing track otherwise. Still have some testing to do.

13. marvelharvey

marvelharvey Registered

My framerate is 100 at the start/finish straight and 60 between the 2nd chicane and Mulsanne corner... it'd be nice if the framerate was a little more consistent around the circuit. (This is at 10pm by the way)

xerofer likes this.
  14. Art_Pereira

Art_Pereira Registered

Guys,

Finish rF2 as a complete full car racing simulator and do not get focused on secondary targets, as this track. I will not buy any other DLC till you get rF2 finished, period.

Mibrandt, Anto870 and Akela_DE like this.
  15. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

Jump to 15:14 and see the Ai doing its thing! Gets a massive tow then brakes to stay behind! Sooo sad :(

16. Highlandwalker

I have done some more testing with the URD PX1-PX2 and S397 GTE cars and the slow motion was still present. I then tried the URD PX1-PX2 and URD EGT cars and there was no slow motion. Next test was with the Oreca 07 only and again there was no slow motion, I ran 60 cars in each test, I had no freezes or stutters, ran silky smooth while driving and a consistent 89FPS, I have it capped at 89FPS. I have found the S397 GTE cars also run in slow motion at Sebring as well. I have had the Enduracers run in slow motion on some tracks, it's always the same tracks the slow motion occurs on. On all other tracks I have ran S397 GTE cars on, I have had no problem with slow motion replays. It's track related but only with certain cars and it's not system related.

xerofer likes this.
  17. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I think you are close but slightly off target. Track specific, probably, but due to certain tracks consuming more of your system's resources.
    Video Ram is likely getting filled up and that may be the culprit. Tracks like Sebring & Le Mans probably have more textures to stuff into vid ram. When Windows runs out of video ram it swaps out some system memory which is a slower process.

18. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

Realistically, that will never happen.

19. Highlandwalker

I disagree with your comment about video ram because I have 8gb of ram and 32gb of system ram, if it was this that was the cause it would effect more cars on the same tracks that have the problem. The Castle Combe track has the slow motion problem with certain cars and that track is small and you can only run about 25 cars on it. It' some sort of conflict with car and track combination that is the cause but I have no idea what it is. Hope some one can come up with the answer. Thanks for your thoughts on this.

20. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

YOU do exceed the average system. Disregard my reply. lol