Logitech Profiler Won't Detect G27

Discussion in 'Hardware Building/Buying/Usage Advice' started by Redline900, Sep 26, 2013.

1. shim2

shim2 Registered

Mine was doing this the other day. If you check Start->Devices & Printers, is it showing "G27 Racing Wheel" If not, uninstall drivers and use a different USB port. I had my G27 plugged into my I/O panels 3.0 and it stopped working, it's working on the 2.0 now. I would advise against using the profiler, I found it stupid and useless honestly. Also if you have any other gaming devices plugged in it could interfere. I know when I have my G27 plugged in while trying to use my Flight Hotas for FSX it won't work.

2. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

Different games and sims have different limits to the number of controllers that they are able to deal with. Any controllers above the limit and things start acting a little funny. It is strange though that MS FSX would have issues with a wheel connected while you are using your Hotas though, as that sim is capable of having a fairly large number of devices active and configurable at the same time. My guess is that there is an internal ID conflict between the 2.

3. TMoney

TMoney Registered

So this is happening on a laptop? I remember my brothers work laptop having issues with a specific usb port recognizing his phone or something. Pretty strange but we thought it had something to do with the drivers. Have you checked with your manufacturer for updates and/or windows updates? What does it say in device manager when you plug in the G27? I have 2 under Human Interface Devices (windows 8): Logitech G25 Racing Wheel USB, and Logitech G25 Racing Wheel USB (HID). Driver version 5.9.129.0 4/27/2010 Logitech.

4. Redline900

Redline900 Registered

Oh man :/.... So what exactly should I do to fix this?

5. TMoney

TMoney Registered

Well considering you haven't responded to any of the suggestions anyone mentioned.......nothing, I'm afraid you're screwed.

6. realkman666

realkman666 Registered

Don't be like that. He can still worry and not communicate some more, maybe that'll do it.

7. Miro

Miro Registered

8. notchy

notchy Registered

I managed to resolve the exact same issue by uninstalling the Logitech Profiler (in Apps and Features). Then I unpluged the wheel und started the driver-installer. In step 2 or 3 a Game Controller Wizard opened and asked me to plug in the wheel. Then it got detected. Its important that that wizard opens!

9. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

W10 has done something weird to my G25 as well... If I swap USB port... It'll think it's a Driving Force Wingman... Then I uninstall the driver and install it again and it'll see it as a G25 again... So I uninstall and install the Logitech driver software quite often :D

10. Lazza

Lazza Registered

You unplug your wheel? Why? :p

Definitely always plug into the same port to reduce issues.

11. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

Well, you know... I take my PC with me... Pretty much all the time... That's a lot of moving around. If it's switched off and unplug+plug happens... Same thing. Takes a minute to remove a driver and install it again...