Controller.json gets overwritten all the time

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Roman1987, Jun 15, 2019.

1. Roman1987

Roman1987 Registered

Hey guys, hope you can help me out. I am running an OSW, so I adjusted the Controller.json in regards to steering wheel rotation. However everytime I start rf2 my settings are getting overwritten again by the game and I have to re-edit the file again. Is there a solution how to prevent this so i can run with stable settings/values?

Thanks in advance

2. RaceNut

RaceNut Registered

My guess is that you are editing the wrong file. The file named "controller.json" is the active save-file that the game uses - not the one you want to edit. The controller file you can edit is your custom controller profile, the one you saved (or exported) after you assigned your controls to the proper controller preset using a unique name.

It's an easy mistake to make but, I hope that clarifies things a bit for you.

3. Lazza

Lazza Registered

The other option is to edit the controller.json but don't load any profiles in the game.

Either way it might be a good idea to make a backup after editing, so it's easy to copy back in until you work out which is the correct file.