Latest Roadmap Update - May 2019

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, May 31, 2019.

1. dazzer

dazzer Registered

man .. in a certain point I agree I think there are more important aspects to work than to place each tree in a perfectionist way, but that does not mean that they place anything, sincerely I believe that there should be a balance in all aspects..
    Now, if you ask me personally, I sincerely believe that the clues that came after sebring are not up to par ... of the same sebring
    :confused:

2. Patrick Schumacher

Patrick Schumacher Registered

There are always things which are not 100% correct. Look at the iRacing one. It is very very detailed but the flags onto the main stand are missing, e.g.
    I will compare both side by side when the track is finally released. But I personally think iRacing comes closer in terms of such proper objects along the track.

dazzer likes this.
  3. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey

Hello.

Super is the short answer. The "life" of the circuit in dark / night conditions feels lovely. I'll admit I've not done tons of driving yet because once the interview ended on Friday night I've been pretty much locked down to watching the real race and various other things - but I did have another blast Saturday night when some mates came round to watch LM24, and we spent quite a bit of time marvelling at the circuit in night conditions :)

The stream was done by my fellow RD staffie Paul Glover and due to his PC specs it was streamed on broadly "medium" graphics settings. On my PC I can run it fairly high graphics and it does look (and run) really good.

I'll hopefully do a few more videos later to show it off some more, but yes, visuals are imho very good and the night looks great.

BUT, most important is the actual feel of the track behind the wheel, and this one it nothing short of mega. As I say, for me at least, this one is well close to Sebring in terms of quality of feel. Not as good as Sebring, because that track is so bumpy and detail irl that the feel in sim is incredible, but the rF2 version of Le Mans is a totally different driving experience than I've ever had at the track in a sim before. Way, way, way better than the mods of the place I've driven in the past - quite the surprise.

Overall I really like it - ranks a very close second for me behind Sebring, and in front of Zandvoort.

Now if they would only bloody licence Donington Park!! :D

4. Andregee

Andregee Registered

5. Depco

Depco Registered

Paul Jeffrey and muzikant like this.
  6. Connor

Connor Registered

If they intend to release the Track today Just Maybe they will do so around lap 397 ..

7. Marius Nicolae

Marius Nicolae Registered

We will have "our" track only if vette win Le Mans :))))))

8. mister dog

mister dog Registered

You make it out like we nitpick about all the trees around the track, but no it's the ones everyone and their mother recognizes at tertre rouge as they stand out and have been there for the last century or so. If you make a version of LM then the trees in that corner specifically need to be as recognizable as the real ones are. I guess you're probably not a Le Mans aficionado in the first place and want your new toy asap, but many out there like the look of the track to be correct and don't mind to wait a couple of days extra to get all the details right.

Reminds me of how people always complain when devs release an unfinished product and then patch it up later, now s397 actually don't want to do that and there are still complaints... :D

9. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

+1

dazzer likes this.
  10. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

you all may be right. I sometimes tend to get grouchy for very little reason these days. My apologies for stepping on toes.
    This is what I'll offer as my ONLY defense. A long time ago, probably in the GTR2/rF1 time period, somebody made a track with very very nice trees. So nice, there were many positive comments. (might have been a Nords variant) I loaded the track up, and could see that yes, the trees were clearly superior to what we were accustomed to at the time. After that first lap, I never looked at those trees again. Not because they didn't add to the immersiveness, but because I can only spare what little concentration I can muster for the very narrow black ribbon(or purple in Zandy's case) of asphalt.

memoNo1 and mister dog like this.
  11. mister dog

mister dog Registered

No worries mate, and I've heard this argument many times before (eyes on the track don't notice the surroundings) but on that note all racing games would still look like this today :p:

[​IMG]

dazzer likes this.
  12. LokiD

LokiD Registered

downloading something on steam could be imminent release fo end of the race!

its a endurance update!

13. Goanna

Goanna Registered

There’s also a 60 odd MB build update as well.

14. LokiD

LokiD Registered

on another note just watching the race, the drivers look so relaxed at the wheel almost like their about to nod off lol

Massive respect to them doing this kind of racem phenomenal concentration!

15. mark7

mark7 Registered

Yep great ending to the race now 34 minutes to go.
    Always feel deflated (pun intended Toyota!) but would be awesome if the rf2 track is released!

muzikant likes this.
  16. AMillward

AMillward Registered

Are we arguing about trees so far in the distance they're of no concern now? :p

17. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

Would someone speaking English be kind enough to summarize the most important points made by Marcel Offermans in his interview with RD ?

Indeed, many people do not understand spoken English, but can do very well in writing (or using google translate).

In particular, what was said about the performance (including VR), the realism (rain, tire model, clutch, realroad ...) and the official contents to come ?
    And anything that you would consider important.

I'm not asking you that only for me, but for all non-English speakers.

Thank you so much !

EDIT :
    And especially AI please.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2019
    Jeferson Richart, Badboy and dazzer like this.
  18. LokiD

LokiD Registered

-work to come on AI after the UI *possibly maybe. code work to be done on ai.
    -Leman same price as sebring roughly
    -nothing on safety car yet. Marcel will need to be shown issues.
    -ambient temps affecting physics to come after UI.
    -bop adjustments to endurance pack
    -nothing planned for gt3
    -leman possibly this weekend nords a month away

lagg, memoNo1 and DrivingFast like this.
  19. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

do you mean Nurburgring ?

20. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

Yes:cool::)

mesfigas likes this.