Steam workshop

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Adrianstealth, May 6, 2017.

1. Jake Loewenstein

Jake Loewenstein Registered

The crazy mess of content to try out is 1/2 the fun for me.
    From the workshop or other places there is so much stuff to try out.
    rFactor2 is the most amazing game in the universe, but my good time relies entirely on 3rd party cars and tracks.

I hope that no effort is made to hide "unofficial mods". It seems sacrilege.

I like the "Collections" Function for monitoring Official content and mods that are being updated to DX11.
    Very handy, but not very obvious on the workshop page, you will find it under the "browse" drop-down menu.

2. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

Wow,how old are you,your clearly acting like a child,a child with no standards what so ever,furious butt hurt fanboys are the scourge of this planet.

3. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

My OP refers more to presentation of rfactor2

How it presents itself to a new perhaps 1st time user,
    There should be at least a big notice saying:

"A LOT OF THESE MODS ARE INCOMPLETE & WILL NOT GIVE A DECENT USER EXPERIENCE , INCOMPLETE MODS WILL NOT BE A GOOD REPRESENTATION OF RFACTOR2"

Narrowbackwing and Louis like this.
  4. LokiD

LokiD Registered

dont forget guys I've created a specific DX11 optimised content collection in steam.. over 400 users so far..

Should help

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=918441372

and to add I'm only including officially announced DX11 updates stuff, so no stuff that just happens to look good. Its all legit dx11 content..

just wanna say well done to the modders who have gone down the path to make rf2 even more relevant in 2017!

Last edited: May 8, 2017
  5. Filip

Filip Registered

Well I am not a fanboy. I play other sims too and rf2 has its faults of course.

But every now and then there is a thread like this where ungrateful people complain about quality of free content that was generously given to anyone without obligation by modders and enthusiasts with different skills and free time.

I would gladly pay for mods to ensure better quality. Let each item has its price. But until that happens I dont even think about complaining about free stuff.
    It seems to me that some people didnt read anything about rf2 prior buying. What did they expect?

Btw how can you say I dont have any standards?
    Rf2 is my standard :)

MarcG and Jake Loewenstein like this.
  6. Frederic Malenfant

Frederic Malenfant Registered

Just did a full reinstall of Rfactor 2 + DX11 beta update again. Can't download any cars at all from Steam? Wth! Anybody else with the same issue?

monsterZERO likes this.
  7. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Just click subscribe then exit & restart rfactor2 & steam if need be a couple of times

8. Frederic Malenfant

Frederic Malenfant Registered

I know this trick! Wasn't working. I had to reinstall the game a million times and unsuscribed all the items in steam workshop a millions times as well.The problem was the second beta install (last stable) that was available in the install options. Not there anymore.

9. vegaguy5555

vegaguy5555 Registered

Is the FXXK an AC Rip?

10. avenger82

avenger82 Registered

To the initial post. I disagree that some content should be removed. Who decides if a mod is junk?
    But the idea of somehow sorting bad content is not bad. If mod exists for at least few months and has two stars or less then it could be put in some pre-alpha group.
    Anyway I think most new people can sort by number of subscriptions and see how many stars a mod has, comments etc.

11. DJCruicky

DJCruicky Registered

Please leave this thread buried. This thread is a disrespect on the hard working modders that may have put 100's if not 1000's hours of their time for your enjoyment for free.

Magus, Binny, lagg and 2 others like this.
  12. Binny

Binny Guest

If you know anything about rfactor you know its a mod-able platform. Not all content is going to be of a high standard. I cannot believe how much ripped content their is that is worse IMHO than bad mods. With RF1 at least the community frowned upon this and most did not use or except it. @Marcel Offermans The big question is what can S397 do about it or going to do about ripped content to stop this or is this just the modern way now and we all have to except it ?

13. mixer61

mixer61 Registered

That is the question ! Spa ?

14. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Christopher just posted a thread about the latest build, which includes updates for Le Mans 2018. Everyone should opt out of betas right now(by everyone, he meant the people helping with the real time pauses and drop-outs) That beta program is suspended for the moment.

Steam should allow some sort of watermark that can be placed over all images that states unfinished mods are WIP

15. Lazza

Lazza Registered

The post you quoted, from 2017, is when we actually had a dx11 beta. So yes, everyone should Opt Out now.

16. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

just used it as a friendly reminder