Fanatec csl elite

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by LokiD, Jun 12, 2019.

1. LokiD

LokiD Registered

Hi guys I'm looking to upgrade to either a tspc ferrari wheel or csl elite.

But the rattling in the csl which is my favoured pick so far, is massively putting me off. It seems its still there even with the fei setting.

So without being biast is it a noisy wheel?

Cheers

2. Milos Vujkovic

Milos Vujkovic Registered

I upgraded to CSL last week and compared to my G27, it's very quiet. Is there a rattle? Sure, if you hit the wall straight on, there is. But I guess it depends to your expectations. Mine was simple -- if my wife and kid cant hear it in the room next door, it's good :)

t0p5ecret likes this.
  3. Mister Bronze

Mister Bronze Registered

A little while ago I was choosing between a ts-xw/ts-pc and a CSL elite. Noise, reliability/warranty and price being key factors. I saw the videos of clattering over curbs and i know fanatec introduced settings to alleviate but then some say those settings effect the FFB. All of it is subjective, I know.

In the end I went for what i perceived to be the safe bet of a ts-xw. Available on sale for £480 from a uk shop so no delivery/return issues (if necessary).

Its quiet. I play in the same room as the household TV (right next to it). No complaints. Its a really nice wheel. I got the impression from discord that the ts-pc was used by some S397 staff, so cant be bad.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2019
  4. Steve Olden

Steve Olden Registered

I have a CSL elite and I was suprised how noisey it is. The fans alone OMG....and yes it does rattle a little bit. But I wouldn't swap it for any other wheel as it has a feel of quality and real good FFB*..

(*also feels good in "other" games........ yes, even THAT one.)

5. LokiD

LokiD Registered

Cheers guys it's just that I heard fei setting is basically like setting the smoothing level in rf2 really high. And in turn looses fidelity in detail.
    And no one uses smoothing do they hehe

6. Karei

Karei Registered

There are like three CSL elite versions now.
    The Xbox version, which I have, and it's terrible with rF2 and AMS (fine with the other sims).
    The PS4 version. Better, but it still has rattling.
    The V1.1 which was just released. I know nothing about it.

If your main sim is rF2 I won't suggest the CSL.

7. LokiD

LokiD Registered

Thank you more and more I'm heading for the tspc.

8. 006

006 Registered

It does have some nasty rattle, so i have to up the smoothing, however it is still considerably better than the t300rs i had previously.

9. Mister Bronze

Mister Bronze Registered

Keep an eye on box.co.uk if you go for TM. Sometimes they can do some heavy discounting for short periods.

10. LokiD

LokiD Registered

Thanks I'm gutted I wanted to go for the fanatec but with my obsession towards rattles that will piss me off

The tspc does sound as good vo.

11. LokiD

LokiD Registered

Amazon have the ferrari 488 for £482 but it has a euro plug on it.

How's the f1 rim with rally games?

12. Mister Bronze

Mister Bronze Registered

I too wanted fanatec. I so did. But in the end, for me, I thought it may be better buying a top of the range product than an entry level product when the pricing is the same. I dont play as much as i’d like and I just want stuff to Just work when I do. Gone are my days of constant settings or hardware tweaks. TM fits nicely there.

I’ll still dream about getting a Fanatec one day. When I dont have to budget so much. Next step would be DD though.

McKiernan and LokiD like this.
  13. LokiD

LokiD Registered

That's the thing its bad enough sodding about with ffb settings in game, but have to on the wheel as well nah...…. TM is pretty much plug and play and workd well across it all, add a bit of damper here n there, and your pretty much done!

Shame as I said the fanatic is appealing and looks smart but I want ease not looks nice.

Mister Bronze likes this.