Racing rules in the competition system

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Remco Majoor, Jun 10, 2019.

1. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

So, for I while I have been wondering this. Now that the competition system is near, I think it's a great topic to start on now. What will be the racing rules, and how will it be mandated?

We know that iRacing is pretty biased towards oval racing. Overlap is overlap. At that moment you have to leave space. But rF2 is more focussed on road racing. You have leagues that use th 50% overlap at turn in rulen, and the front wheel past rear wheel at turn in rule.

For the competition system, will this be different per series? And what will be the rules, and where will they be published?

Then my last question. In iRacing when an incident happens, there is not really a place to protest for it. There is a place, but that is more for purposely wrecking. If there is a party at fault, the outcome is being kept secret. Usually it is a warning or a couple of licence points taken away. This doesn't really punish them in that race though.

What are the plans for the competition system? Will there be a place for protests, if yes, what kind of penalties will be given, and how will this be dealt with?

I do have my preferences, but this is not a wish list, as it's close to beta, so changing probably will not happen on such a short term :p

lagg likes this.
  2. Daniele Vidimari

Daniele Vidimari Registered

3. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

Integrated in the ui :eek: not bad

Still wondering what the penalties will be like and the rules though

Binny likes this.
  4. Binny

Binny Guest

I really hope the outcome is sent to all parties involved so they can learn from it. iracing does not do this so it does not discriminate against & to protect the offender. IMHO iracing are more worried about every $$$ than having an open transparent outcome for all parties.