Skins package to existing mod.

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by D.Painter, Jun 8, 2019.

1. D.Painter

D.Painter Registered

Hi all.
    Trying to add some new skins to existing mods cars as a add on pack.
    Can get as far as creating the Mas and using the Mas. tool to create the rfcmp
    upload_2019-6-8_20-14-56.png
    All packed, installed to packaging folder. All working.

Open rF launcher and install mod. Working.
    Open rF2 and they are not showing.

Go to installed mods, Checked the mft ini.
    Mine are missing BaseSignature=
    Signature=a8cbe247713e139a21541c9e3ffadf2470530ea0370624eb30479a6b212d60ef
    BaseSignature=8a990353b643efc7f49e0734c03bd62a4230fdb9ab74c40f46d26b9d8b8266cc
    MASFile=car-upgrade.mas 103ed9cad299200f0b4047b2bfbffe322f081a850ca78deb8f9d5636fa6bbf23

Other two lines are there.
    Manually added the BaseSignature= line to my mod and it worked correctly.

How do I set up the Component Package dialog so the BaseSignature= entry is added automatically? As part off the process.
    Thank you.

2. Corti

Corti Registered

IMPORTANT: Because we want to create an Update for an existing Mod, the Name has to be the same as the Name of the original Mod.
    IMPORTANT: Because we create an Update, we have to check the Checkbox, that is in front of "Update from:".

3. Daniele Vidimari

Daniele Vidimari Registered

IMPORTANT: Because we create an Update, we have to check the Checkbox, that is in front of "Update from:"....

and write in the label in the right side the base version of the mod, for example, the 2 packages of the BMW now are: 1.42 and 1.43, so your package must be an update of the 1.42. Tick update from and write 1.42.

Also important, you can't use 0.01 as version, you have to use an higher version than the higher of the official mod. As i said, the BMW M6 now is composed by 1.42 and 1.43, your package must be at least 1.431, because 1.431>1.43.
    It doesn't matter which number you use as long is higher: 1.431, 1.50, 1.90, 5.00 etc etc.

EXAMPLE
    Cattura.PNG

MaD_King and Corti like this.
  4. D.Painter

D.Painter Registered

Thanks for your help.

Still not working.
    It looks ok to me but when I click on Package nothing happens. Must be something wrong still????
    upload_2019-6-9_9-43-13.png

5. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

Sometimes I had the same behaviour, I closed and opened again, and/or selected again component file and made package just after.

6. Corti

Corti Registered

Try creating the update on the latest version (1.43)

Attached Files:

7. D.Painter

D.Painter Registered

Tried this a great number off times.
    When I un tick "update from" it works just fine. Then I can install it through the launcher, go to the cars install folder, open the mft, copy the BaseSignature= line into the newly created mft and my skins will work.

BUT the Mas Tool just will NOT work at all when the "update from" is ticked! Tried new entries for different cars. There are 9 GT3 cars I want to work with so I've tried 4 so far and none work with the "update from" ticked..

8. D.Painter

D.Painter Registered

Yes, done a number off times.

9. Daniele Vidimari

Make sure the 1.42 is installed, otherwise it will not package. It happens when you unistall an update, just close and reopen rf2.
    You don't have to edit any files manually.
    I suggest you to re-do the proper procedure with a fresh install of these cars.

10. Daniele Vidimari

Just recorded a small video, hope it helps
    (give it time if is still not at 1080p)

11. D.Painter

D.Painter Registered

Yep. Done it exactly how you show but mine will NOT package. Want do anything while the "update from" is ticked.

12. Daniele Vidimari

As i said be sure the 1.42 is installed and fully working, otherwise it will not package as it's happening to you, i think something went wrong after many failed attempts.

13. Aceking

Aceking Registered

Krusti's video is correct and you done it all correctly according to your diagram in post #4. Your "update from" should always be from the base directory as you correctly show for the BMW_M6_GT3_2018 is "1.42"

In the past i already experienced as you a few times, where nothing would happen when clicking on "Package" so i then did a "integrity" check of rFactor2 and then the package worked again but sometimes needed to also reboot after a integrity check.

If that doesn't work i would change your MAS files location and make it simple as i have done as an example:
    Here is where my "car-upgrade.mas" is stored for packaging: D:\MAS files\car-upgrade.mas

Good luck, hope this helps!

14. Aceking

Aceking Registered

Also, delete your "pkginfo.dat" file (creates new one) when experiencing issues with your MAS utility in creation of the package file!

Last edited: Jun 10, 2019
  15. D.Painter

D.Painter Registered

Did a "integrity" check night before last.
    "pkginfo.dat" Doesn't seam to exist!. Did a search on both disc C: E: but came up empty. It should have something like this somewhere because I have made a few different packs (rfcmp) files. Must be under a different name???

Tried to unsubscribe from the cars but can't find them through Steam. Normal list off subscriptions are easy to fine but the S397 DLC's are not in that list. Used the purchase link on this forum were you would normally see items you have as being on your PC. Not the case with any off the items I have already purchased.

This is getting to be so frustrating!

16. Aceking

Aceking Registered

Your problem is in your "Folder Options/View/Advanced settings under "Hidden files and folders" - Check the circle to Show hidden files, folders and drives then "Apply" which will now allow you to see these hidden files and folders thus enable you to delete the "pkginfo".

This Tutorial Guide will help you find your S397 DLC's and the Subscribe/Unsubscribe procedure!!
    https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/missing-dlc-tutorial.62565/

Last edited: Jun 11, 2019
  17. D.Painter

D.Painter Registered

Thank you all for the help.
    I've done all your suggestions and none have worked.
    Re subscribed the cars.
    Looked for but failed to fine "pkginfo". Hidden folder for me is a option that is always set to show.
    Only thing I haven't done is a full and complete rF2 fresh install.

Not prepared to do that at this time.
    I'll continue to build up the files for the cars I am working on. I can get the cars working by manually pasding the entry line in so I can test, view the results. I may have to ask one off you guy's to do the rfcmp files for me when I'm ready.
    It's really more a test case but I do wish to release to the public so to gauge the popularity off the concept.

18. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@D.Painter If you've done basically anything in the mas tool you'll have a pkginfo.dat. It's a file, it'll be right down the bottom of your Roaming folder.

19. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

Yes like Lazza said @D.Painter run the command "%userprofile%\appdata\roaming" and you will see the files.

20. Aceking

Aceking Registered

@D.Painter....In further testing i discovered the "pkginfo.dat" is no longer used or needed due to previous S397 updates and so explaines why you don't have one! I believe S397 knew of the issues the pkginfo.dat caused in the packaging whenever this file became too large in size. I always needed to delete this file whenever it caused issues in my packaging so it would create a new one.

So, in my tests i deleted the pkginfo.dat and then performed some packaging which went as smooth as before. Next, i checked in the "Roaming" directory for a newly created "pkginfo.dat" and discovered it never created a new pkginfo.dat like it has always done before!