GT3 Cosworth ICD Display

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by StrawmanAndy, May 11, 2019.

Tags:
  1. StrawmanAndy

StrawmanAndy Registered

Not sure if it's been mentioned, or the right place, but the electronic displays used in the GT3 are very inconsistent and wrong. The BMW GT3, Bentley and Porsche GT3-R all use Cosworth's ICD Display. All are the same size, but the display pages can be different and are unique. But the location of LEDs, the size of the unit and display are all the same.

So why is the BMW so weird and the rest all different?

Would of been easier to just make one accurate model (Aston looks the best) and then duplicate to the rest. Check it out here: https://www.cosworth.com/products/omega-intelligent-colour-display-icd-2/?cat=displays.

Also check out my lovely marketing brochure on the product: https://www.cosworth.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/28675_Cos_ICD_Brochure_A4.pdf

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

ACC a prime example of making an accurate looking ICD:https://i.ytimg.com/vi/VO9vhe3OlTk/maxresdefault.jpg

Please fix it, or just use the Aston and paste. Would look so much better.

mr.Sw1tchblade likes this.
  2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Aren't these displays customizable? And/or have multiple screens? Currently rF2 doesn't have the page feature that used to be in GTR2 and rF1. So I 'think' the DLC creators used several different options, all part of the Cosworth family, but due to NOT being able to show multiple pages of data, the various versions may represent the various possibilities.
    And as far as just cutting and pasting, I'm not 100% sure, based on comments in these forums, that all the cars are scaled the same. What may fit the Aston MAY NOT fit the Mclaren. (key word there is MAY)

3. StrawmanAndy

StrawmanAndy Registered

Yes, the displays can be customized for any car - it's down to the engineers if they want to use or create their own template. The graphical displays used are correct for all four, but the casing is what I have an issues with. The size and shape, they should all be the same. So the BMW ICD looks weird and wrong, it's completely incorrect in the shape and sizing. It's not the display, it's the physical model (the black casing).

These cars should be the same size, as Cosworth don't make multiple versions or different sizes of the ICD Display. So it's the same size in every car. Whether S397 got the model of the car right, that is something else.

I just hope they fit it because I like the BMW, but I cannot stand the cockpit and it looks like a cheap and quick model they created without checking.

4. Steve Olden

Steve Olden Registered

It's a shame that the displays in rF2 do not let you cycle thru different pages. In PC2 for example I can run cockpit view with no(or very minimal) HUD because I can get the information I need from the screens on the ICD as you would in a real car.

Ricardo Diz likes this.
  5. Marisa

Marisa Registered

They are indeed very inconsistent.
    It's clear different people worked on the DLCs.

StrawmanAndy likes this.
  6. mr.Sw1tchblade

mr.Sw1tchblade Registered

@StrawmanAndy Left your hope. I im sure we will get only PBR inside the cars without redisign.

7. StrawmanAndy

StrawmanAndy Registered

Not to repeat or bang a drum, but this video perfectly shows how the ICD should look. The display page on rF2 model is really different, and the shape (while close) is just slightly off. I hope someone can make a single Cosworth ICD and then just use that gmt/object for all the cars that use them. Would save time and resources in creating individual display dashes. Not sure on the Bosch or Motec ones, but those in the McLaren and Audi look spot on.

Marisa and Steve Olden like this.
  8. Marisa

Marisa Registered

It's like the rF2 interiors were modeled after some bad, low-res photos. Notice how it's also the only car where the yellow stripe on the wheel is missing.
    Curiously there is a clear indent where it should be.

Ricardo Diz and mr.Sw1tchblade like this.
  9. Steve Olden

Steve Olden Registered

and the Bentley interior is wrong too...the air vents should be either side of the steering column, not just slapped in where there is a space.