URD EGT Detroit

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by colinL, Jun 3, 2019.

1. colinL

colinL Registered

Hi, I've recently purchased the car and wanted to ask if there is a way to adjust the side mirrors? They don't adjust for me, sadly.
    Another question would be if someone has got some tips on how to setup the car? The default setup is very oversteery, I've adjusted quite some things, suspension and so on and got the car more stable but it still is very oversteerish. Is there a setting I didn't touch yet or has somebody got a clue what I'll need to adjust to get the car more stable?
    Cheers

2. colinL

colinL Registered

To add to that, I also get blocking brakes everytime without feeling anything in the FFB, doesn't matter how much I reduce the braking force. I always end up with messed up tires, I know this may be down to my FFB settings, but has someone got a similiar issue?

3. Marisa

Marisa Registered

I find it amusing how people always praise rF2 FFB yet nothing happens to inform you that you just locked up your brakes.
    It's sadly normal. I do feel some very slight load building up when braking but that's it. Best way of telling you have locked up is looking in your rear view mirror, seeing if there are tyre marks and smoke. You could try putting the tyre volume on maximum. It can help a little but there is no loud tyre squeal like in other sims, it's very subtle. Another thing you can try is to turn down the brake gamma, makes it so you have to push harder to brake so it should make it harder to lock up.

4. colinL

colinL Registered

Ok thanks that might be one solution. I didn't have this problem with the Nissan LMP1 from URD though, of course the brakes also lock up when I press to hard, but its way more noticeable and it didn't really happen at all. As with the Ford GT, it kinda happens in every corner. And I'm not really a bad driver to blame it on me :p

5. Daniele Vidimari

Daniele Vidimari Registered

Is definitely not normal.
    Do you want fake and unrealistic vibrations as in AC? Or wrong suond samples like road tires sound on slick tires as other sims (like ac again)?
    Is curious that i changed 3 wheels in the past 5 years, i own all the sims and only in rf2 i can feel tires locking up in a natural way, while for example in ams i always had to check the smoke in the rear mirror, pc1 and pc2 too.
    AC is probably the worst, in ACC i never locked up the tires aa far i'm aware so far.
    I don't remember how it feels in iRacing since i did only few weeks of racing mostly in ovals.
    I would investigate into this Ford GT.
    TSPC user here.

6. Marisa

Marisa Registered

I feel AC is the best in communicating what the tyres are doing via ffb and sound. How exactly is your ffb behaving to notify you of tyre lockup in rF2?

7. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

same wheel, it stiffens as the tire fights for grip and then relaxes if I correct the situation. Easily noticed, although driving the GT3s lately with high ABS settings have reduced my need to pay attention to such things.

8. Daniele Vidimari

Daniele Vidimari Registered

My wheel tends to self-center with a strong force when i brake, pretty noticeable when trail braking or in turns where you brake with some angle of steering like T2 at Silverstone, Mulsanne at Le Mans etc etc, when i lock up this force disappear and the wheels gets loose, it may give some vibrations depending also of the surface (ie T7 at Sebring). All feels natural and easy to correct, i also have tires sound quite low but enough to hear them while locking up.
    I'm referring to the car i use mostly through this year, as i took part in 3 different endurance championships with the same car, Porsche RSR GTE. The first time i tried a car from the Endu pack was the Corvette at Indy, i remember i was so surprised to have that very good and natural feedback while locking up, i was doing it on purpose.
    When this Ford GT came off they said it doesn't have the last tires used in the official pack, and the only update received was only about pitstop stuff, that's why i think is worth to investigate in this regard, i have very little experience with it since no one use it online for BOP reasons.

Before the TSPC i had a TX, the behaviour is the same but with the TSPC is more strong and detailed. Before the TX i had a G27 and of course it felt a bit dull as it should.

9. Marisa

Marisa Registered

Thx. I use a t300 which, from what I've read, is quite a bit weaker. The bit about tyre model makes sense. When driving the Flat 6 mod it's pretty much impossible to tell if you are about to lock up and, at least at the time I drove it, it used an older tyre model yet with the 397 DLC there is juuuust a tiny bit of load feel when braking. Sounds like a stronger ffb wheel really helps with rF2.

10. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

Can you perhaps try the ISI C6R GT2 and then the S397 C7R GTE for example?
    Two very similar cars on paper. Two very different cars in terms of what you experience.
    To me the fidelity of the ISI car is infinitely greater than the 397-car.

The C6R GT2 is the blueprint, holy grail when it comes to communication from a simulated car in my humble opinion.

Magus, Ari Antero, mesfigas and 3 others like this.
  11. Marisa

Marisa Registered

Well, that was an interesting comparison.
    The ISI C6R GT2 has very direct feedback, I can feel when the tyres are scrubbing over the tarmac and lockups are also easy to feel and very direct. It feels very connected. The sounds are also very helpful.
    The 397 offering on the other hand...
    At first the tyres feel softer but they are way less direct and informative. The sound is also more subtle and less helpful.
    The new tyremodel flatspots more easily, not a good combination.
    I can drive very well on the ISI car, 397 one kinda feels like I'm driving blindfolded.
    Had ffb multiplier for both at 1.50.
    I also drove the Ford GTE and I was surprised at how good it felt.
    Not as good as the ISI Corvette but better than the 397 car.
    Had the ffb multiplier at 1.30 for the Ford.
    I think I like the old tyremodel more.
    @colinL
    Btw, I have the Thrustmaster T3PA pedals and have the conical brake mod installed.
    In the in-game controller settings I have brake sensitivity at 0.
    Pushing until I hit the rubber gives me about 20% brake input, after that I can judge braking force by feeling the resistance of the rubber. (that sounds so wrong) :p
    If the ffb is properly adjusted per car this makes it more easy to learn how much force you can apply before the wheels lock up.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2019
    memoNo1 likes this.
  12. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

In that sense, the path that S397 has walked down, in terms of physics and FFB, is a little disappointing...

ISI cars are head and shoulders above... Why this is? I don't know... I think we can only guess. And it can be subjective? Nah, communication is communication. Pretty objective...

Ari Antero likes this.
  13. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

@Marisa FFB multiplier 1.50 will give you a lot of clipping
    also remember to have the gain at your T300 Thrustmaster at 75% or lower to avoid overheating at summer
    because the power supply unit is inside your steering wheel

14. boxer

boxer Registered

Agree 100%
    having said that I do appreciate what S397 has done for rF2... It could be the cars they have chosen to do are a little bit more bland.

One thing is for sure S397 tracks are top notch...together with the rF2 FFB they are best in the business.
    regarding FFB smoothing I would set to 1.0.. .that where you are going to get the best result..(I'm using a G25 and no issues so far).

atomed likes this.
  15. colinL

colinL Registered

So y'all think its more down to the Ford GT itself? :D

16. t0p5ecret

t0p5ecret Registered

I'm going to run some laps and compare with all of your comments above because a lot of what's being posted here isn't resonating with my experiences with the GT or the new cars. I get a lot of feedback with my wheel on what the tyres are doing and even more so with the newest car the Formula E. Not being a fan boy just a lot of the above doesn't relate to what I am seeing (feeling) on my Fanatec wheel.

17. Marisa

Marisa Registered

That could be down to your wheel, which is considerably stronger than a T300 but I'm still interested in your findings.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2019
  18. colinL

colinL Registered

Ah, fyi I'm using a Thrustmaster T500RS with the F1 wheel.

19. t0p5ecret

t0p5ecret Registered

I've had a run tonight comparing the URD EGT Detroit to the Formula E, the EGT will only give me feedback when multiple wheels lock. I feel nothing when say the rear right locks but if both rear wheels lock I get a high torque load on the wheel until I lift the brake, the same with the fronts, I'll get a high torque load in the direction the car is heading ie straight until I lift of the brake, the wheel will then follow the turn in. So there is definitely something odd going on, it's almost like the FFB for wheel locks is turned right down whereas every other effect is fine.
    The Formula E on the other hand tells you everything that's going on.

As for the oversteer you can balance some of that out by reducing both ARB's, and softening the rear springs. Also remember this car will put you up to 120 kph in 1st so aero is still a consideration in 1st gear corners. I bumped the rear wing up to 10 at Ibarra and it was controllable to the point I could use the throttle to get the car to rotate through the twisties there.

20. t0p5ecret

t0p5ecret Registered