Latest Roadmap Update - May 2019

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, May 31, 2019.

1. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Just watch that devcon video. The UI is a huge task if they want to make it real user friendly and future proof. To me it looks like they are rewriting almost the whole game, graphics engine was first, UI is going now. Wonder if they'll need to do the same for the tire model to fix those freezes, looks like the most recent test build still didnt fix it 100%
    I also think trying to keep it compatible with previous content is slowing them down pretty hard

2. Christian Wolter

Christian Wolter Registered

I would also like to have the new interface and problems fixed, but I just trust Studio 397 and have some patience. Why am I still playing RF2? I've played a lot of ACC lately. Then I started my career and drive for the first time Zolder. I have not found 100% access to the driving experience. well after a long back and forth I have zolder for rf2 loaded and drive there with the gt cars, there was the feeling that I had missed, that was missing in all other sims .... yes ACC looks fantastic, yes The User interface is modern, yes, there is a career mode, yes the MP is associated with current technologies, but yes, everything brings me no driving pleasure! I'm waiting for RF2 until it's done and looking forward to my favorite track LeMans !!!

3. Paweł Andrzejewski

Paweł Andrzejewski Registered

Take a look at 38:30 timestamp. Marcel said there: "We are reasonibly close to releasing that to the public". I can't even imagine, what happened that we are now over one year later and the UI is still not public.

4. williang83

williang83 Registered

Which is the reason why is so naive to assume that it is around the corner, without official communication it could be still 6+ months away. As matter of fact i'd say that maybe the reason why we don't get any optimistic and detailed information about the development, instead of just teasers, is because they are not close to release.

Paweł Andrzejewski likes this.
  5. mr.Sw1tchblade

mr.Sw1tchblade Registered

Guys, take a look at new multiplayer system progression. I think we will see ui and new mp at the same time.

6. M-Bimmer

M-Bimmer Registered

Hopefully Nordschliefe and the new UI will make it to the game before the summer vacation.

7. Patrick Schumacher

Patrick Schumacher Registered

I hope Le Mans will be released within the next two weeks.

Afterwards I think I will compare this version with the iracing one. I'm so curious if rf2 can match that fabulous quality and level of detail.

mr.Sw1tchblade likes this.
  8. Depco

Depco Registered

Yes, they have already stated that the UI will be released with the competition infrastructure.

9. gunner1483

gunner1483 Registered

I hope they will also fix the AI pace at night. They are way too slow at night

10. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

Do you think it's really likely that we will have both Le Mans and Nürburgring for the 24 hours (June 15th and 20th) ?

It would be great, I can not wait.

I bet for a SPA Francorchamps for the next laser (I had predicted after Sebring Le Mans, Nords, SPA....!).

Moreover, given what has been said for Monaco E Prix, I wonder if they will not propose a pack with the two tracks or including the Tatuus, see a new pack Endurance for surprise.... for June 15 ;) that would be great !!

11. Steve Olden

Steve Olden Registered

I like your optimism, but things don't tend to happen around here in the same way that you drive...

DrivingFast likes this.
  12. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

I'm ok as I've taken a break from my PC for the summer ,sold my pc parts & VR headset
    but will re-buy this winter fingers crossed for another one of the forthcoming laser tracks from s397 & maybe UI etc by then

A break like this is good but missing sim racing a bit, good to keep up to date on the road maps though as bright new things ahead
    if as a user one finds themselves getting impatiant then take a break & summer is the best time

13. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

Do you think there is a chance for the Bugatti with le mans?

GeraArg likes this.
  14. PabloVND

PabloVND Registered

Someone said no I think. ¿Does anyone if chances for GP with nords and full monaco in future?

15. vittorio

vittorio Registered

Laser scanned Nordschleife will come with GP track too.

16. Marcel Offermans

Marcel Offermans Registered

Our version of Le Mans will not include the Bugatti layout.

17. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

18. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Atsuki and dazzer like this.
  19. FrC

FrC Registered

Totally agree with that, it's shame...
    but thanks for le mans 24h laser scan track ;)

20. LokiD

LokiD Registered

says it s all for me....

RD: Have you any plans to look at Laserscanning for future tracks, despite the obviously high quality of the circuits already released for AMS1?

RS: We will if we can and when it makes sense – we have already used laser scan data for some tracks in AMS1, but we´re not adopting it as development criteria. For one thing we do a lot of historical tracks, and there is no way to scan those; for another we have good modellers capable of creating highly accurate models even without laser scan data.

We find the sims that do adopt that criteria tend to only have the more accurate tracks for a limited period if at all, not least because race tracks are alive things often going through constant reforms and laser scan is just a snapshot of it at a certain time. As an example I´d cite Imola, of which there are 2 laser scanned versions in other sims but ours is overall more accurate because it´s constantly brought up to the latest modifications.

Which is not to say laser scan data isn´t an invaluable accuracy resource, and it´s perfectly possible for us to combine that with our current modelling philosophy – in the cases we can do just that we certainly will continue to.

Tech G and John like this.