Automobilista 2 announced, using project cars 2 engine

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by torig, Jun 1, 2019.

1. torig

torig Registered

Seeing as there is no thread yet, think AMS2 deserves one. Apparently they opted for the MADNESS engine.

From Facebook:

Check out the teaser trailer for our new racing simulator - Automobilista 2, scheduled for release in December 2019!

Automobilista 2 is the culmination of a project developed over the course of nearly a decade. At its core, it is a comprehensive simulation of the brazilian motorsports scene, featuring all major brazilian racing series, race tracks and manufacturers.

Automobilista 2 will also celebrate Brazilian motorsports heritage by featuring some of the country´s most iconic heroes and achievements through its rich history in the sport.

Packing an even larger roster of diverse cars and tracks than its predecessor, Automobilista 2 will venture further into the best of international motorsports, including prestigious brands such as Mclaren and BMW along with iconic venues such as Brands Hatch and Imola, at the same time continuing to explore the more exotic and exciting forms of motorsports from around the world.

Boosted by a new technical partnership with the developers of the award-winning Project CARS series, Automobilista 2 is built on the MADNESS engine, providing incredible graphical quality, the most advanced dynamic weather and track condition systems in a racing simulator and superior VR support, to deliver a substantial realism upgrade and a fully immersive visual experience.

With Automobilista 2 we aim to combine the strengths that made its predecessor unique with major evolutions in all areas. The sim will offer some exclusive features for both single player and multiplayer, which we look forward to sharing over the remaining months of development!

2. MarcG

MarcG Registered

I'm very excited about this, the SuperV8 in VR...oh baby :D

torig likes this.
  3. torig

torig Registered

What got me excited, besides dynamic track conditions and weather and modern graphics, is that Reiza have said “some of the cars already drive better in AMS2 vs what we had in AMS1.”

Very excited about this too!

Though had been hoping such a project would use the RF2 engine. Have mixed feelings about it not being the case; no doubt the result will be great, but felt like a setback for RF2’s long-term viability...

4. Patrick Schumacher

Patrick Schumacher Registered

It's gonna be very interesting as AMS2 will be a mixture of the known Brazilian stuff and more content beside it. Day 1 for me, either EA or day 1 of v1.0.

5. Narrowbackwing

Narrowbackwing Registered

I think it’s an incredible choice, I never thought madness would be the choice for Reiza but excited to see what results they get .

Patrick Schumacher likes this.
  6. Emery

Emery Registered

Reiza is obviously convinced the engine is good enough and they know where the weak spots are in Madness, so have tried addressing that with us customers. Far less of a gamble than other options at this date.

I'll likely be buying AMS2 when it is released. One of my concerns about Madness will likely be addressed by release time (flashing textures due to Z-fighting) and the other is going to, at best, take time (that sad AI) and at worst will never be fixed. Hoping we see more than 32 cars on track at the same time, but it's not a deal breaker.

Ari Antero likes this.
  7. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

I'm extremely interested to know if the horrible FFB is a product of the Madness engine itself or if it's SMS' fault. Project Cars 2 FFB is just awful.

I have a feeling Reiza's FFB will be brilliant and then we'll know definitively that it's not the engine.

8. Steve Olden

Steve Olden Registered

the PC2 FFB is definately SMS' fault...the FFB is made tons better with 3rd party tweeks (Jack Spade FFB files)

9. Korva7

Korva7 Registered

Based on this video and what i read from the pc2 forums, sms had left some aspects of the physics out of the ffb calculation. Now with this "Pure ffb" file that problem is fixed (link below). It makes pretty big difference imo.
    http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sh...ARS2-FFB-File)&highlight=Christiaan+FFB+files

Interesting thing was that now with the new ffb file, the amg gt3's ffb has similar "low caster" feel as in rf2.

avenger82 likes this.
  10. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

i tried it withj my T150 which is mixed mechanical and belt driven wheell and made no big difference
    actually i found a better one from simracing604 youtube channel
    but indeed with a good modified in ffb file it make a better sense

edit i m sure youtube site had a different file ? a few days ago

11. Patrick Schumacher

I hope Reiza is on the expo next week. Nov is not far away for all of us who are backers to test the Beta.

12. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

or December for those who did not support:D, ... absurd support from reiza:mad::mad::mad:

13. LokiD

LokiD Registered

lol not a great feel

juanchioooo likes this.
  14. Patrick Schumacher

As they started to do a roundup each month I'm looking forward to the end of the week.
    First as Donington and Snetterton should be still released fit AMS, then the next news for AMS2.

15. Mauro

Mauro Registered

Wip Manual trasmission model

Those are the feature that we need on a realistic sim!

Where are you, studio 397?!?

Neawoulf, ECAR_Tracks, lbird and 3 others like this.
  16. Patrick Schumacher

Good news yesterday. Dec will be a fantastic month for Sim-racing entusiastics.

17. Patrick Schumacher

We will get real GT3 action. AMG GT3 can be seen on one of the new pics. Fantastic :D

18. Filip

Filip Registered

Finally GT3 cars, there is so few of them in sims nowadays :rolleyes:

Seven Smiles likes this.
  19. Patrick Schumacher

Selling sims, means offering GT-cars...

CrimsonEminence likes this.
  20. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered