Latest Roadmap Update - May 2019

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, May 31, 2019.

1. vittorio

vittorio Registered

Laser scanned Nordschleife was first announced for (end) Q1/2019. Laser scanned data was late for two month and it was said progress is as expected. So people who can calculate - end Q1/2019 + 2 month = end of may. So I am a bit confused we got no update on Nordschleife in this Roadmap? Do you have any information for us about release?

2. Felix Schendel

Felix Schendel Registered

Thats more or less the same I was counting on with this update. Lemans are great news but I realy like to know what's going on with the Nordchschleife?

chisco85 likes this.
  3. williang83

williang83 Registered

I can't speak on behalf of everyone but i've been holding to decide on which platform i want to invest and basically i set ACC release date as reference time to take a decision. Well ACC is as bad as i was expecting it to be. rF2 is still the same that it has been for years since 397 took over. The SP is broken by core AI issues, in few words "very fast but very dumb", and lacking of even more rudimentary SP championship (although rudimentary is not enough). The MP is simply not up to modern standards/expectation. Of course they are working to improve some of these stuffs but it has been already 2 years and still nothing has been released, actually officially only the MP is being worked on.

This is disappointing because i really believe that rF2 FFB is awesome and physics is very good and offers a good base from which improvements would bring to an unmatched level but no matter how good the physics is, if the gameplay sucks then everything become useless. I really got tired of meaningless races (bad SP races with no purpose and no interesting MP).

At this point i'm really considering finally giving up and moving 100% to iRacing with all cons and pros that comes with it. Sure it has very high cost and you don't own anything but at least it can keep me entertained enough.

Tech G, Corgan, Mibrandt and 3 others like this.
  4. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

LeMans laser scanned , brill !

That’s a big announcement the future is bright , thanks for the roadmap

5. marvelharvey

marvelharvey Registered

Le Mans? What an awesome addition to rF2!

I’ll buy it the second the AI issues are fixed. Long straights, long circuits and endurance racing are the AI’s Achilles heels.

Travis, Mibrandt, fsuarez79 and 2 others like this.
  6. Voltaic

Voltaic Registered

Thank you S397!!! Laser scanned Le Mans woot!!!

Patience everyone, it will all be here soon and it will be glorious!!!

7. LokiD

LokiD Registered

yep the ai wont be fun there.

UsedMomo likes this.
  8. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Luckily we don't need to limit ourselves to 1 game.

Narrowbackwing, jayarrbee36 and bwana like this.
  9. Lazza

Lazza Registered

The point is, people don't 'leave' a game like they might leave a town when the crime rate is too high. People can stop playing rF2 whenever they want, and if later on it improves they can come back. Or they can choose not to. And if rF2 loses so many people that it's no longer viable and it dies, well it wasn't good enough to survive. I don't see how constantly banging on about it is going to help.

guod, Narrowbackwing, Filip and 7 others like this.
  10. LokiD

LokiD Registered

rf2 die?

no way
    it may not be considered the best sim anymore. But lets see s397 must have something up their sleeve!

Rui Santos likes this.
  11. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Exchange ideas? All you've been doing for 2 years is talking about how bad rF2 is in multiple areas. How long exactly are you going to wait before you just move on? If rF2 is that unimpressive, cut your losses now and go - you're not gaining anything by still hanging around. Seriously, you'd be happier without it. I don't know why you're still here.

I don't know if you get enjoyment from liking posts that talk about rF2's problems, or posting in every DLC thread that the core game needs fixing or posting in every roadmap that they aren't doing enough with issue x or issue y. If it's 'sad' I don't know why you keep reminding yourself. Do you think you're helping others with their opinion of the game? Do you think the devs will finally read your posts and say "oh, you know what? He's been saying the same thing forever but NOW I get it - let's rush some fixes out!"

Many roadmaps aren't saying anything, but we know that by now. It's self evident. Why bore yourself and others thrashing through the same arguments and discussions about how good rF2 could be and how it's not? Life's short... go do something you enjoy.

*And on that note, I think I need some time away myself.

Redglyph, thorfynn, Andregee and 8 others like this.
  12. LokiD

LokiD Registered

Maybe usedmomo thinks he's spurring the developers on?

Last edited: Jun 1, 2019
    David Kolody likes this.
  13. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Just NO!

14. bwana

bwana Registered

Same old complaints by same guys. Getting very boring .. there isn’t a competitor to rf2 as it is now warts and all . “ very bad SP “ huh ?? Boy l must be easily pleased , some should just accept a few facets are not working and adjust for it , l can’t see ACC being a competitor really ( even with its high capital purse)as it’s limited tracks and one type of car will isolate many. It will become boring soon enough and caters for only those who drive GT cars . Which it’s faults rf2 still is regarded by many who have all the sims as the best , me included and don’t see it changing in my mind . Improvements will just be extra cherries on top

15. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

But they will be hosting all sorts of on-line events, The Road to Le Mans. Yes, the AI have issues with drafting and overtaking, but the focus clearly is on MP at this time.

16. mr.Sw1tchblade

mr.Sw1tchblade Registered

Congrats S397. And thanks for Le Mans.
    Some more licensed lmp2 cars? Please, please, please :)

jayarrbee36 likes this.
  17. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

Wow, thanks for the roadmap.
    Le Mans :cool:

M D Gourley and jayarrbee36 like this.
  18. Gasper Zupan

Gasper Zupan Registered

Great work S397, thank you all very much. Good times :)

19. dufrene

dufrene Registered

Le Mans!!! Thank you so much!!!

M D Gourley and jayarrbee36 like this.
  20. Anto870

Anto870 Registered

Nordschleife ? Good ...
    Le Mans ? Fantastic ...
    But before create new DLC's ... SOLVE THE PROBLEMS OF THIS SIM !!! :mad::mad::mad::mad: