Released Reiza Pack Out Now!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Mar 28, 2019.

1. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Use some common sense, this was back when DX12 had some crazy hype, dont take it literaly.

UsedMomo likes this.
  2. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

Perhaps DX12 had some grazy hype in your mind in 2016 but I don`t think common sense to most of the people is like yours my friend.
    We are in 2019 now, is DX12 still grazy hype in you logical mind which does not interpret written text literaly ?

3. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Well, with that reply looks like you cant even read written text let alone interpret it. Have a nice day :)

Alessio Feletto and dazzer like this.
  4. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

Well, what do you other guys think when Reiza did ensure in 2016 that "Reiza Simracing Bonanza" is not a complete leap in the dark, below are some of the main points already stablished for our next project: DX12 graphics engine ?

5. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

Well, that left out rF2 anyway :D

Jokes aside, Madness Engine features DX12 afaik, so atleast that plan worked out.

Ari Antero likes this.
  6. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

Indeed it does, Project CARS 2 for the PC remains a DirectX 11-based game, even though the 3D engine is supposed to beDirectX 12-capable. :)

7. Lazza

Lazza Registered

The rF1 model is data driven. You take tables of what the tyre does with certain inputs and put them in the game. If you don't quite like how it works you adjust those tables a bit.

The rF2 model is a physical model. You design the tyre and the game works out its behaviour. If you don't quite like it you need to redesign the tyre in a way that will hopefully lead to the handling changes you want without either breaking the model or producing other unintended behaviour. There's an hours-long waiting period while you wait for the tyres to build unless you have a very specific test you want to evaluate, but then you still need to do a full build to verify stability.

Niels had data suitable for the rF1 model and tools built around it. Utilising that model for AMS was a much easier and safer option.

Emery likes this.
  8. RSimioni

RSimioni Registered

By all means, be skeptical - it´s healthy up to a degree, and our track record is indeed not spotless. It is however filled with occasions of us performing in months what most developers would have struggled to deliver in a year, and for a fraction of the budget - and I base that estimation on actual experience from all angles of this business, not just forum guesswork.

I´d propose you´re overdoing on your skepticism and selling us a bit short, while reading between some very wide lines to draw conclusions that are less than flattering. You´re perfectly entitled to your take, but objective it isn´t.

With regards to the assesment on the rF2 Bundle - the topic at hand afterall - while it did have some issues on release, these were quickly turned around with an update addressing the vast majority of reports within a month of its original release, even though as it is now known, we weren´t exactly just sitting around looking for things to do. If we´re still falling short somehow the feedback is welcome - I´m still paying attention :)

Last edited: May 29, 2019
  9. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

By all means, if the remark about company XYZ was about Reiza I wouldn't have written the post at the top of this page. I have big respect for Reiza and AMS doesn't make me rage quit as the products of your techincal partner do. I had and still have good experience with Reiza products the last couple of years, with SMS products not so much. So excuse me when I stay sceptical. How can scepticism be overdone, after all the nonesense that I heard from Ian Bell and that he wrote in your announcement threat on RD in relation to what he delivered? If you can ignore it, fine for you, but I can't because I as a paying customer and enduser have to deal with it. But him silently disagreeing with my posts without even answering the concerns just proves that I am not that far off the mark, in how I approach products with his involvement. And this hasn't anything to do with Reiza. So sorry if it came across like that in the post that you quoted from me. If I had to recommend a sim to a friend AMS would certainly be on the list. So much about short selling. Sometimes German people can come across very blunt, so I appologize for that.

Regarding your not so smooth venture in rF2 and your questions about feedback: the steering wheel in the Puma GTE is still not fixed and it's something that should have worked at release allready, if there was a proper QA. As madking allready pointed out there were issues and still are that shouldn't be there if you are selling content as a professional team that allready has sold full games. It's a problem that is so obvious that I still stand by my point. How are you going to tackle a full game on a new engine in one year if a problem like that still persists two months after release? It is not a game breaker for me, but rest assured people on RD will stay less relaxed if you apply the same approach with AMS2 and the honeymoon and hype won't last long. So yeah, I judge what I see and read and go by my instinct and experience. Nothing more nothing less. But you taking the time to answer my posts here is much appreciated and shows why I trust you - but not your partner. Nevertheless, good luck for your future ventures.

Emery, pkelly, RSimioni and 1 other person like this.
  10. RSimioni

RSimioni Registered

No problem Hit and I appreciate the friendly reply :) issue I took at first is that you were projecting your skepticism for SMS and their sims (warranted or not, not my place to judge their product or your criticisms of it) into ours just because we´re using their engine, and going so far as insinuating I´m bulshitting when I say some of our cars already drive better in AMS2 than in AMS1. I´ve been guilty of over-optimism in the past so seems fair enough to doubt our scheduling predictions, but I don´t think I´ve ever engaged in blatant car-salesmanship stuff like that.

Again though by all means hold your judgement until you try for yourself, proof is in the pudding and all that... It just so happens I´m in position to taste it :)

Emery, Atsuki, wrxxy and 3 others like this.
  11. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

@RSimioni

The graphics engine used is that of PC2 (Madness).

Regarding the engine physics, is it that of PC2 that will be used ?

Can we have some details on the physics part.

I had hoped that the physics engine of rF2 would be used, I am disappointed.

12. Mibrandt

Mibrandt Registered

The ppl who are disappointed about RF2 not being chosen are perhaps forgetting all the fundamental issues who have been ignored for years. Proper clutch/driveline, wet physics, the many ai issues, the fact that RF2 is so complicated that even the devs are releasing buggy cars where the mirrors are pointing in all directions except the one we need it to point etc etc.

Maybe if these fundamental features of the engine were working like intended it would have been a different matter. Maybe S397 Said No? We dont know. But I must admit I have faith in Reiza and Am excited to see how this turns out. When they say they are positively surprised I believe it.

Travis, Atsuki, marvelharvey and 7 others like this.
  13. Magus

Magus Registered

I absolutely love Rf2 & will support S397 all the way as the game gives me so much pleasure to drive various cars & tracks. I played PC & PC2 & was disappointed in both after the initial honeymoon period with both games (PC2 I got more mileage out of). Each time I played those games I used to think to myself how great it would be to have the PC 'glam' (UI, graphics, career, track & cars etc) with rF2 physics, tire model, & ffb. Now if Reiza can do that or come close to it, then it will be :cool:

Louis and Korva7 like this.
  14. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

Do you really think that the new physics engine of AMS2 could only equal that of rF2 after say a year after the release ?

I am not talking about the flaws of rF2 on this subject, on which rF2 will hopefully improve (wet physics, clutch...).

It seems very unlikely to me, do not you ?

Personally, 99.999% of what interests me in a simulation is the realism of driving :

That's why I'm skeptical.

And I do not have time to invest in several sim, especially if one of them is much more realistic (this has been the case for years with rF2).

If your arguments are good, I would gladly accept them :)

15. mr.Sw1tchblade

mr.Sw1tchblade Registered

Is subjective thing. Some cars in PCars2 are good. AMS2 will use the same physical engine.

16. Mibrandt

Mibrandt Registered

I totally agree about the driving feeling being the best in RF2 ( if you choose the right combo ) But there are so many issues still after so many years. By now it Really should be a flawless experience right from loading times, UI, amount of quality tracks and cars, any weather u want etc etc. But it isnt. I dont Think we will get there - everything seems so complex and full of problems. So fingers crossed that AMS 2 could be a Real contender - I hope it will be everything that RF2 could have been.

17. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

Look forward to seeing this damn roadmap.

Let them finally announce plenty of things to very short (nords, UI, Tatuus, ...), short and medium terms.

They also prioritize "global realism", car content, offline (online is already prioritized), performance especially in VR (AI performance especially), the resolution of old and major bugs, et cetera .....) .

But a real informative roadmap would be the minimum, with a real vision of very short, short, medium term.

These roadmaps are always boring. (end offtopic).

18. Corgan

Corgan Registered

I have faith in Reiza because they always deliver. I think they will make this right, as always.
    For me the problem with S397 is the lack of communication and patches. The last big patch was in December, 2017., with rain, improved lightning, track reflections, new HUD elements, etc. Then about a year ago, there was a kind of bigger patch with performance optimizations. And almost that is all. Since then we got great content (which is really good), but it seems that the problems that come up in almost every thread, almost every week, well, they are ignored. And I don't get it why.
    Reiza (when they were fully engaged with creating AMS) came up with updates and patches and workarounds almost every month. Sector3 is doing the same thing now. Iracing does it in every 3 months. And besides, all of them were/are making contents. But S397? Content (wich is really good, again) and roadmaps. Roadmaps that are becoming nearly useless/pointless. I still trust them, though, and believe that one day the whole thing will come true, but the question is: when?
    If Reiza with AMS2 will make something that is as good as AMS1 with improvements of graphics, dynamic weather, physics etc. then maybe it will be the beginning of the end for rF2. Unless S397 do something real big, or just simply solve the issues that we have now.
    But until December, I definitely stay with rF2.

Last edited: May 31, 2019
    memoNo1, UsedMomo and Ricardo Diz like this.
  19. Patrick Schumacher

Patrick Schumacher Registered

I mean a lot of us are driving several sims. So with the new strong competitors (ACC, but probably more AMS2) it doesn't mean it's over. What i agree is that AMS2 will be probably way more successful than AMS. Although a lot of people within the sim-world claim that graphic is not that important, it's obvious that AMS struggles in popularity because of the old engine. The game will change with AMS2. They will provide a lot of content in cars and tracks, and all of them in pretty good quality and they are more focused on cars and tracks beyond Brazil than before.
    For me I prefer at the moment rF2 bit more than AMS because I simply love rF2 very much. In Dec this can also be changed. Not that way that I will not play rF2 anymore, but there is a real chance for AMS 2 to become my go-to-sim if the can hold the level of AMS (and they will - I'm 100% sure).
    It's gonna be very exciting in the near future with those new sims.

20. Corgan

Corgan Registered

Yes, it is true. When i say maybe it will be the beginning of the end for rF2, I mean their position as the "maybe the most realistic sim & most satisfying simdriving experience". And of course I doubt I will ever uninstall it. But if AMS2 will be what I expect now, then the time I spend with rF2 now, will be significantly decreased.