[REL] rFactor2 Log Analyzer ver. 2. With offline and league Championship Manager

Discussion in 'Other' started by Nibo, Apr 15, 2015.

1. blade-elias

blade-elias Registered

Hello, planned add a circuit map to live?

2. Nibo

Nibo Registered

No plans for that. There are difficulties to display map itself, and without that there will be just circles floating around. Displaying just circles according to coordinates on track is also not easy

3. woochoo

woochoo Registered

Just saying thanks for the Log Analyser :)
    It has recently been added to the testing methods of the 1954 Endurance mod (modded Cobras) and it has brought a lot of clarity to things.
    Thanks to you, @Nibo :D

Nibo likes this.
  4. Boomer20

Boomer20 Registered

Echoing woochoo as I am part of the testing team, great tool, i'll definitely be have a look into using it for a offline championship.

Nibo likes this.
  5. Nobkins

Nobkins Registered

Yet another request from me!

Sorry Nibo.

We have successfully used an app I wrote to automate the process of adding success ballast to drivers based on the results of previous races by parsing the JSON export.

We now want to look at issuing penalties for drivers who swap teams (cars in game) between races. Would it be possible to add this to the JSON export?

Ideally for me (which may not be the logical place for the data) it would go in:
    Class Overall -> Driver Standings -> Drivers -> X -> CarTypes

Thanks

Jim

6. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Nobkins, I re-uploaded updated version to old link. Added "Class Overall -> Driver Standings -> Drivers -> X -> vehicles" list of cars used by driver during championship to export_standings_jsonp and export_standings_json links. List items are separated by ", ". Example:
    Code:
    "vehicles": "McLaren 650S GT3, Radical RXC Turbo GT3"

7. Nobkins

Nobkins Registered

That should work thanks Nibo. Is it possible to have them in this format:

Code:
    "Vehicles":{
    "1":"McLaren 650S GT3, Radical RXC Turbo GT3"
    "2":"Radical RXC Turbo GT3"
    "3":""
    }
    So that you can easily see which car was used in which race (the 1, 2, 3, etc correspond to the race number)

Sorry to be difficult.

8. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Nobkins, added at "vehicles_per_event". There always will be only one car per event logged there - the one that driver used in Race session. If driver will use different cars in Practice, Qual, Warmup, Race sessions, you'll have to watch through reports for that yourself.

9. Nobkins

Nobkins Registered

10. Nobkins

Nobkins Registered

@Nibo the "vehicles per event" is working perfectly and we are now able to allocate a ballast penalty for those that switch cars too many times. Thank you!

I have another request though. One of our racers has been discussing with a well known youtuber (EmptyBox) ideas for points system that encourage racing. This is what they came up with:

1. 10 6 4 3 2 1 points for the race (already possible with r2la)
    2. 5 3 2 1 points for qualifying (not currently possible with r2la except with manual points adjustment)
    3. 1 point per position gained over starting spot (not possible with r2la except with manual points adjustment)
    4. 99% rule - your fastest lap in race can be no better than 99% of your qualifying time or you forfeit positioned gained points (not possible with r2la) - 99% value needs to be adjustable for the championship, some may want 95% etc
    The people that manage our seasons (or leagues) are all pretty busy so we are keen to avoid anything that adds more work (i.e. manual points adjustments) to our events. I appreciate the above is a lot of requests so of course it is no problem if you do not want to look into this.

Item 2 is relatively easy to manually apply if we really wanted to use it.
    Item 3 becomes difficult as we would have to apply the 99% rule by hand which would be time consuming.

I have no idea if a points system like this would add anything to a championship but it would be interesting to give it a try and sounds quite promising and not too complicated (if automated).

Thanks

Jim

11. Nibo

Nibo Registered

I can do 3 - fixed amount of points per spot gained over Qual position. But then we need to decide if driver needs to actually finish to receive this bonus or not. This bonus would be available for Overall Standings. For Class Standings I would need to find In-Class starting positions, since I don't calculate them anywhere right now, don't know how that will go.

Points system for qualy results would be pretty big task, can not do it. 99% rule sounds very very specific, I also don't want to do this. And there are "edge" cases, like what would happen if driver didn't set a lap time in Qualy?

12. Nobkins

Nobkins Registered

Ok. The vast majority of our races are single class if that makes a difference. Appreciate that this may not be case for others.
    I thought points for qually would be not too hard as we know qually position or we would not know positions improved. Must be something I am missing.
    99% rule would be optional but if enabled then no qually time set means no points for positions gained. 99% rule is needed to prevent deliberate sand bagging.

Sounds like overall then it is not possible.
    Thank you for your time and getting back to me @Nibo .

13. Nibo

Nibo Registered

With Qual points its not hard to issue them. But most amount of work is with adding Qual points block (say 10 position slots) to UI, validation, DB integration, integration with existing points system and not messing up backwards comparability (loading older championships from json on upgrade). And then add a bit more work with Classes if we support them for this.

Its just too much variables for something that can be done by admin manually, since its really rare to issue qual points for positions other than Pole.

Nobkins likes this.
  14. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

@Nibo Hello, I'm trying to put rF2 Log Analyze on a Dedicated server to get LiveTiming.
    I use 2 profiles to run my server named player1 & player2
    I installed the share memory plugin in plugins of bin64
    I launched the r2la_live_timing.bat and after my rF2 server.
    But in Live page, there is "No live sessions found polling, but nothing else is displayed.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?
    NOTE: All is working well about displaying Results & Championship features.

15. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Check that both UserData\player1\CustomPluginVariables.JSON and UserData\player2\CustomPluginVariables.JSON have shared memory plugin enabled with line " Enabled":1 like this:
    Code:
      "rFactor2SharedMemoryMapPlugin64.dll":{
        " Enabled":1,
        "DebugISIInternals":0,
        "DebugOutputLevel":0,
        "DedicatedServerMapGlobally":0,
        "EnableDirectMemoryAccess":0,
        "EnableStockCarRulesPlugin":0
      }
    Try re-installing runtimes from rFactor 2\Support\Runtimes folder.

16. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

You are the best, I missed the Enabled:1 in the plugingvariables part ...
    Thank you !!

17. Nibo

Nibo Registered

I wrote this yesterday, but my post disappeared, some glitch on forum...

Updated to 2.058.22
    • Added an option "Points per position gained over starting spot" to championship points system. Works for both Overall and Classes tables.
    • Comments added to points will now always be visible in pop-up area in standings tables. Previously comments were only visible if manual points override was on.

JuanP006 likes this.
  18. JuanP006

JuanP006 Registered

Excellent. Thank you for quickly implementing this request.

19. Scott Vermeyen

Scott Vermeyen Registered

Er, just fyi, Windows 10 May Update with Chrome here and blocked this zip from being downloaded completely. I don't see any bypass, pretty ridiculous. Back to Firefox until that pisses me off :p

20. Scott Vermeyen

Scott Vermeyen Registered

Also the restricting driver names youtube videos are down :(

Darnit S397make this easier.